Bournemouth Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bournemouth Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
who even knew Bournemouth had a bloody airport?
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bournemouth Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean and modern, newly-rebuilt airport terminal with a small selection of shopping and dining options.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. However, we have heard reports that overnight stays are not allowed at this airport. Write a review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bournemouth Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Bournemouth Airport for 60 minutes Connect to the 'BOH Public Wifi' network. For more than 60 minutes, you can purchase the Premium service for £5.00 (1 hour), £10.00 (1 day) or £30.00 (1 month).
If sleeping in Bournemouth Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Heronshaw House - (15 min walk or 1 min drive from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Avon Causeway Hotel - (3 min from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel suggest a taxi for approx. £7,00.
- Premier Inn Bournemouth Ferndown Hotel - (12 min from the airport) This is a budget hotel close to the airport. No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bournemouth Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Arcade - High-tech arcade-style machines located in the departure lounge.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Travelex ATM’s are located through the airport, dispensing British Pounds, Euros and US Dollars.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Collect on Return - If you find a great bargain at the airport you can purchase it and store it for free until you return. Available only to passengers flying within the EU & UK.All stores at the airport offer this service.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex offers currency exchange landside and airside. Hours: Open from first flight of the day until the last.
- Duty Free & Shopping - World Duty Free offers duty-free shopping airside. Books, magazines, snacks, beverages, and last minute travel goods are sold at WHSmith, with one location each landside and airside.
- Fast Track Service - Breeze through security lines! Book a Fast Track pass by 10:00PM before your day of travel, starting at £3.50 per person.
- Food & Drinks - Est Presso offers sandwiches, coffee, and snacks airside. A wide variety of hot food, takeaway meals, smoothies and more are available at Joe’s Coffee House, open landside. Pub-style dining is offered airside at The Olive Tree. All three restaurants are open from first flight of the day until last.
- Information Desk - There is an information desk located in the main terminal building.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available
- Prayer Room - There are no dedicated rooms for prayer and meditation, but the airport does have a multi-faith chaplaincy program for travellers who need spiritual counseling or comfort. A chaplain can be requested at the Information Desk.
- Showers - Not available
- Smoking Area - Smoking areas can be found Airside (located in the departure lounge) and Landside (before check in, outside departures terminal building).
The airport is open 24 hours.
At the time of this update, Yellow Bus A1 is the only bus that serves the airport. A1 offers service between Bournemouth Airport, Airport Business Park, Adventure Wonderland, Hurn Village, Bournemouth Railway Station and Bournemouth city center, with a few stops in between. Buses run daily from 7:00AM - 8:00PM, and reservations are not required. Fares start at £1.50 (single-ride adult ticket) and up. For route maps, schedules and additional fare information, visit the Yellow Bus website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis • Europcar • Hertz. Location: beside car park 2.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal, during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.