Bremen Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bremen Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I was happily surprised by the nice and quiet atmosphere.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bremen Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean and modern airport, easily accessible by public transportation. The airport consists of two buildings: the larger Main Terminal (currently split into three sections) and a much smaller terminal used only for Ryanair flights. A small variety of shops and restaurants are available, along with one 24-hour snack shop.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Plenty of power outlets readily available throughout the airport
Where to Sleep
- Many overnighters stay for early flight departures
- After Midnight, the airport’s doors are locked, and only travelers with valid tickets for onward flights will be allowed to stay inside.
- Overall, travelers describe this airport as a safe and comfortable place to sleep. The airport is very accommodating to overnight guests. Airport staff and security are quiet and discreet, dimming the lights in some areas and turning off overhead announcements.
- Although no specific spot was mentioned, there is no room for sleeping in the smaller Ryanair terminal, so the Main Terminal will be the place to look for a spot to sleep. There are padded armrest-free benches and some auto-pay massage chairs throughout the terminal, but the floor is usually clean and can be comfortable to sleep on if you have a travel mat or sleeping bag.
- Some reviewers complained of bright lights and annoying music that played repetitively all night from a Child’s play area. Have a sleep mask and some earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy to ensure a good night’s sleep!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s comfortable VIP lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bremen Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- AHS Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Landside, 1st Floor. Hours: 4:30AM - 6:30PM (Daily).
- Lufthansa Business Lounge - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, behind security control. Hours: 5:00AM - 9:00PM (Sun - Fri) • 5:00AM - 7:00PM (Sat). Lounge Access: Book Online (US$ 42 - day pass)
Free WiFi is available at Bremen Airport for 30 minutes. Istanbul Food & Drinks cafe offers free Wifi. Location: T2, 1st Floor. Hours: 11:00AM - 6:00PM Mon-Fri. There is also an internet café, “trio Café internet”, on the first floor of Terminal 2, rates are not known.
If sleeping in Bremen Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport::
- Holiday Inn Express - (200 meter from the airport terminal) No airport shuttle
- Atlantic Hotel - Directly opposite the Departure Hall of Terminal 3. No airport shuttle.
- TRYP by Wyndham Bremen Airport Hotel - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel suggests a taxi for approx. 5,00€.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bremen Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Tours - If you are interested in getting a behind the scenes view of the airport, there is a 1.5 - 2 hour guided tour every Sunday at 1:00PM. Rate: € 13.00 - adults / € 6 - pupils / € 11.00 - students, people with disabilities and unemployed peopl. For more information and reservations, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are two ATMs in the airport, available from 5:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Baby Care - Baby changing rooms are located throughout all terminals.
- Baggage Trolleys - Yes, free of charge and found in the terminal, in front of the terminal, as well as on all levels of the car parks.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - The Change Group offers MoneyGram money wiring service, as well as a no-fee currency exchange. Location: Terminal E. Hours: 5:00AM - 9:00PM, closed in the afternoon for lunch (lunch break times vary per location).
- Aviation Exhibition - At Bremen Hall you will find aviation and aerospace related displays including historical pieces such as the Junkers W33 Bremen - D1167 airplane. Location: Terminal 3, Rooftop next to the Visitors's Terrace. Rate: € 1.50 per person (adult) and € 1.00 (children, youth and pensioners). Hours: 10:00AM - 6:00PM.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, there is only one food concession open 24 hours: Kamps Bakery (Location: Arrivals Hall, Landside).
- Luggage Storage - The Left Luggage office is located in Terminal 1, Landside. Daily Rates: 4€ (up to 25kg) • 5€ (over 25kg) • 5€ (Golf Bags, Dog Crates) • 8€ (Bicycles, Surfboards) • 1.50€ (Cloakroom).
- Pharmacy - Yes
- Shopping - There is a duty free store and a small selection of retailers.
- Showers - Not Available.
- Spa and Beauty - Uzel Hair Salon offers wash, cut and dry styles. Visit Airport Massage to soothe your weary body or head to Airport Nails for a mani/pedi. Hours vary, massages are by appointment only.
- Visitors Terrace - Watch the action on the tarmac and apron from the vantage point of the Visitor's Terrace. Location: Terminal 3, rooftop, beside Bremen Hall. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM.
The airport is open 24 hours
Bus, Shuttle and Tram
Bremen Airport is served by local bus line 52 and Tram line 6. Tram line 6 connects the airport with the University of Bremen, via Bremen city center and Bremen Hauptbahnhof (main railway station). Trams depart every 10 minutes from a stop located directly in front of the airport’s check-in area. Bus line 52 travels between Huchting and Kattenturm, via Bremen Airport. Buses depart every 30 minutes from a stop in front of the check-in area. Tickets for public transportation are sold at automated vending machines located at bus and tram stops. For route maps, schedules and fare information, visit the BSAG website.
Luftibus offers door-to-door service between the airport and Oldenburg in Lower Saxony. Total trip time one-way is 40 minutes. Fares start at € 49 (one-way), with a discount available for 2 or more passengers. Cash and credit cards are accepted. Luftibus vehicles can be found parked in front near the taxis.
Car rental services are handled in Terminal 3, across from Check-In. Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Enterprise/National/Alamo, Europcar, Hertz/Dollar/Thrifty and Sixt.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal, during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. At the time of this update, the estimated one-way fare between the airport and Bremen city center is € 10, and the total trip time is about 20 minutes.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.