Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Bremen Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I was happily surprised by the nice and quiet atmosphere. -kankka
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bremen Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean and modern airport, easily accessible by public transportation. The airport consists of two buildings: the larger Main Terminal (currently split into three sections) and a much smaller terminal used only for Ryanair flights. A small variety of shops and restaurants are available, along with one 24-hour snack shop.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Plenty of power outlets readily available throughout the airport
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s comfortable VIP lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Many overnighters stay for early flight departures
- After Midnight, the airport’s doors are locked, and only travelers with valid tickets for onward flights will be allowed to stay inside.
- Overall, travelers describe this airport as a safe and comfortable place to sleep. The airport is very accommodating to overnight guests. Airport staff and security are quiet and discreet, dimming the lights in some areas and turning off overhead announcements.
- Although no specific spot was mentioned, there is no room for sleeping in the smaller Ryanair terminal, so the Main Terminal will be the place to look for a spot to sleep. There are padded armrest-free benches and some auto-pay massage chairs throughout the terminal, but the floor is usually clean and can be comfortable to sleep on if you have a travel mat or sleeping bag.
- Some reviewers complained of bright lights and annoying music that played repetitively all night from a Child’s play area. Have a sleep mask and some earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy to ensure a good night’s sleep!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door or purchasing a lounge pass. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Bremen Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport::
- Holiday Inn Express – (200 meter from the airport terminal) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Atlantic Hotel – Directly opposite the Departure Hall of Terminal 3. No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- TRYP by Wyndham Bremen Airport Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel suggests a taxi for approx. 5,00€. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bremen Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Bremen Airport for 3 hours. Istanbul Food & Drinks cafe offers free Wifi. Location: T2, 1st Floor. Hours: 11:00AM – 6:00PM Mon-Fri. There is also an internet café, “trio Café internet”, on the first floor of Terminal 2, rates are not known.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Airport Tours – Find out what happens at the airport during a behind-the-scenes airport tour. Days: every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month. Departure Time: 10:00AM. Tour Duration: 1.5 – 2 hours. Rates: € 13.00 – adults / € 6 – pupils / € 11.00 – students, people with disabilities and unemployed people. For more information and reservations, email [email protected]
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Location: unknown. Hours: 5:00AM – 11:00PM.
Aviation Exhibition – At Bremen Hall you will find aviation and aerospace related displays including historical pieces such as the Junkers W33 Bremen – D1167 airplane. Location: Terminal 3, Rooftop next to the Visitors’s Terrace. Rate: € 1.50 per person (adult) and € 1.00 (children, youth and pensioners). Hours: 10:00AM – 6:00PM.
Baby Care Facilities – Baby changing rooms are located throughout all terminals.
Baggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available free of charge in the terminal, in front of the terminal, as well as on all levels of the car parks.
Currency Exchange – The Change Group offers MoneyGram money wiring service, as well as a no-fee currency exchange. Location: Terminal E. Hours: 5:00AM – 9:00PM, closed in the afternoon for lunch (lunch break times vary per location).
Food & Drinks – At the time of this update, there is only one food concession open 24 hours: Kamps Bakery (Location: Arrivals Hall, Landside).
Luggage Storage & Lockers – The Left Luggage office is located in Terminal 1, Landside. Daily Rates: 4€ (up to 25kg) • 5€ (over 25kg) • 5€ (Golf Bags, Dog Crates) • 8€ (Bicycles, Surfboards) • 1.50€ (Cloakroom).
Pharmacy – Yes
Prayer Room – A Muslim prayer room is available on 1st Floor.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Shopping – There are duty free stores and a small selection of retailers.
Showers – Not Available.
Spa and Beauty – Uzel Hair Salon offers wash, cut and dry styles. Visit Airport Spa to soothe your weary body or head to Airport Nails for a mani/pedi. Hours vary at hair salon and nail salon while services from the spa are by appointment only.
Travel Agencies – If you are arriving in Bremen and need local arrangements or help planning a really last minute trip abroad, there are a number of travel agencies with offices at the airport that can probably be of assistance. Alltours Reisecenter, AS Superreisen, Discount Travel TUI, Lastminute PUR, L’Tur Tourismus, M-Tour Travel, Neckermann Reisebüro, Ögers Tours, Der Touristik, Thomas Cook, FLM First and Last Minute, Trio Reisen, Travelstyle, Hapag-Lloyd Reisebüro and TUI Service.
Visitors Terrace – Watch the action on the tarmac and apron from the vantage point of the Visitor’s Terrace. Location: Terminal 3, rooftop, beside Bremen Hall. Hours: 6:00AM – 10:00PM.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of October 2018, Bremen airport is served by the following airlines: Air France • Atlas Air Service • Corendon Airlines • Germania • EuroWings • KLM • Lufthansa • OnurAir • Ryanair • Small Planet Airlines • Sun Express • Swiss Air • Turkish Airlines • Tailwind Airlines • Wizz Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Bus, Shuttle and Tram
Bremen Airport is served by local bus line 52 and Tram line 6. Tram line 6 (departing every 10 minutes) connects the airport with the University of Bremen, via Bremen city center and Bremen Hauptbahnhof (main railway station). Bus line 52 travels (departing every 30 minutes) between Huchting and Kattenturm, via Bremen Airport. Tickets for public transportation are sold at automated vending machines located at bus and tram stops. For route maps, schedules and fare information, visit the BSAG website.
Car rental services are handled in Terminal 3, across from Check-In. Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Enterprise/National/Alamo, Europcar, Hertz/Dollar/Thrifty and Sixt.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal, during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. At the time of this December 2017 update, the estimated one-way fare between the airport and Bremen city center is €10.00, and the total trip time is about 20 minutes.
Last updated: 2018-10-29
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.