Bristol Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bristol Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the cleaners came right up to you and shoved the vacuum cleaner right next to your head. -Dominique
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bristol Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, modern single-terminal international airport with a nice variety of shopping and dining options. 24-hour dining is available!
- Most travelers who spend the night here, do so to catch an early flight
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- If you get lucky, you can snag the couch at Costa (landside), which also has a power outlet next to it. This is the best and most comfortable option, as the rest of the seating in the airport consists of uncomfortable, but armrest-free benches. Have a travel mat or sleeping bag handy for added comfort on the benches or the floor.
- The airport is described as very noisy and very cold at night. A sleep mask and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones are a must for a good night’s rest.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bristol Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Bristol airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Aspire Lounge - Location: Airside, Mezzanine Floor. Hours: 4:00AM - 7:30PM (Mon - Wed) • 4:00AM - 8:30PM (Thurs - Fri & Sun) • 4:00AM - 6:00PM (Sat). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£22.99). Do not use this lounge for sleeping. A traveller who visited the lounge in November 2015 says "The lounge staff were horrible. I fell asleep in the Aspire lounge ($6,000 1st class ticket) and instead of politely telling me that sleeping was not allowed in the lounge, the attendant talked loudly at the front calling me names in order to try and shame me into leaving."
- Servisair AspirePlus Lounge - Location: Airside, 1st Floor. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£29.99).
Free WiFi is available at Bristol Airport for 60 minutes. Connect to the "Bristol Airport WiFi" network. For longer surfing, you will need to pay extra.
Internet desks are available both landside and airside
If sleeping in Bristol Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport that offer a free 24-hour airport shuttle:
- Acorns Guest House - (500 meters from the airport entrance) Free airport transfers are available 24/7. Once you have picked up your luggage call 01275 474 464 then proceed to the Short Stay & Pick up Area, located opposite the terminal.
- Forge Accommodation - (4 min walk from the airport) Free airport transfers are available 24/7 upon request.
- The Old Chaff Mill - (15 min walk from the airport) Free airport transfers are available 24/7 upon request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bristol Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are 5 cash machine located in the departure and arrivals areas. The machines dispense Sterling and Euros.
- Baby Care - Baby change facilities are located throughout the airport. Additionally, SuperDrug is located Airside and offers pre-order service for baby milk, diapers and baby food simply place your order 6 days before your travel and pick up post security, freeing up space in your hand luggage for other essentials.
- Baggage Trolleys - Rate: £2 or €2 (cash or credit card).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Moneycorp offers a Premier Buyback service, which means that Moneycorp will buy back any leftover currency at the same rate as you bought it. There are 3 foreign exchange locations: Landside (near the easyJet counter) • Airside (near World Duty Free) • Arrivals (International Baggage Claim Hall). Hours: vary according to day and location). Additionally, there are 5 ATM’s throughout the airport which dispenses Euros and Sterlings.
- Duty Free & Shopping - In addition to a Duty Free shop there are other stores such as WH Smith, Dixons Travel, Accessorize, JD, Traveller, Superdrug, Claire's and Flying Visit.
- Fast Track Service - As a premium service, customers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: 3.95 BP
- Food & Drinks - There is one food and beverage option that is open 24 hours.
- Landside: Caffe Ritazza
- Airside: no 24 hour options available.
- Information Desk - Yes, Ground Floor near WHSmith, hours are not known.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - A left luggage facility is available. Proceed to the Information Point in the main check-in hall and an agent will assist you. Rates: £5 (up to 4 hours) - £8.50 (for 8 - 24 hours). Cash payments only.
- Luggage Weigh - Avoid unexpected overage fees by using Weigh Ahead service to check the weight of your bags before you check-in! Fee: £1.
- Luggage Wrapping - Yes, available in the Check-In area.
- Pharmacy - A Superdrug is located on the First Floor. Hours: with flight schedule.
- Showers - Location: in the main terminal before check-in. To access, ask at the International Desk. Rate: £10.
The airport is open 24 hours.
The Airport Flyer Bus offers fast and economical 24-hour service, running a circular route between the airport, Bristol city center, Cabot Circus, Bristol Temple Meads Station and Bristol Bus & Coach Station. Total trip time between the airport and Bristol Temple Meads is about 30 minutes. Buses depart from the front of the airport terminal as frequently as every 8 minutes during peak times. Adult bus fare is £7.00 (single trip) or £11.00 (roundtrip). For passengers traveling onward via bus or rail, Airport Flyer also offers combination tickets, which include your onward travel at a discount. For schedules and additional route and fare information, visit the Bristol Airport Flyer Express Link website.
The Bath Bus Company offers service between the airport and Bath, via Saltford, Keynsham, Hengrove Park and Bishopsworth Village. Departures are available as frequently as every 30 minutes throughout the day, with limited service at night.
First Group’s A2 line runs daily between the airport and Weston-super-Mare, stopping enroute in West Wick, Banwell, Winscombe, Sandford, Churchill, Lower Langford, Wrington, Backwell and Nailsea. Hourly departures are available from 5:00AM - 10:00PM Monday through Saturday, with limited service on Sundays and public holidays.
From Bristol Bus & Coach Station, connections can be made to long-distance buses serving Cardiff, South Wales, Devon, London, Penzance, Cornwall and other destinations throughout the UK.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz and National. Location: exit the main terminal. The car rentals are across the road.
Taxis are available in front of the airport terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. Cash and credit cards are accepted.
At the time of this update, there is no direct train service to Bristol Airport. The closest train station to the airport is Bristol Temple Meads Station, served by long-distance trains operated by Virgin Trains and First Great Western. Frequent connections are available from Bristol Temple Meads to Bristol Parkway, Bath Spa, Cardiff Central, Cheltenham Spa, Cornwall, London Paddington and Swindon.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.