Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Bristol Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
the cleaners came right up to you and shoved the vacuum cleaner right next to your head. -Dominique
BRS Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Bristol International Airport.
What to Expect
Bristol Airport (code: BRS) provides passenger services in a modern, single-terminal building with 16 gates, and a variety of shopping and dining options, including duty-free and at least one 24-hour eatery. WiFi is available, and additional services and comforts can be found through fee-based access to the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for locations and rates.
Sleeping in Bristol Airport
Many passengers choose to sleep in the airport overnight due to early morning flights; however, there have been reports of airport staff waking overnight sleepers. The terminal is small, and most seating consists of armrest-free benches that are described as uncomfortable; however, there is a comfortable couch landside near the Costa cafe. Travellers should bring extra layers or a travel blanket, and earplugs/noise-cancelling headphones to account for chilly temperatures and noise in the terminal. For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel at the airport and some other hotels within walking distance. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips.
To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos. You can also visit the airport’s web site for current information. For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Bristol Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Aspire Lounge – Location: Airside, Mezzanine Floor. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
- AspirePlus Lounge – Location: Airside, Mezzanine Floor. Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
Do not use this lounge for sleeping. A traveller who visited the lounge in November 2015 says “I fell asleep in the Aspire lounge ($6,000 1st class ticket) and instead of politely telling me that sleeping was not allowed in the lounge, the attendant talked loudly at the front calling me names in order to try and shame me into leaving.”
Related Pages: Bristol Airport Lounges
If sleeping in the airport sounds like a nightmare, there are hotels near Bristol Airport:
With Covid restrictions constantly changing, we recommend that you confirm shuttle availability prior to booking and/or prior to your arrival.
- Hampton by Hilton Bristol Airport – 250m from the airport via a direct walkway. » Check Rates
- Acorns Guest House – 500m/8-10 minute walk to the airport entrance. No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Forge Accommodation – No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Bristol Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Bristol Airport for 2 hours. Connect to the “Bristol Airport WiFi” network. For longer surfing, you will need to pay extra.
Internet desks are landside.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Postal Services – Drop off your last minute postcards to friends and family from airport’s mailbox. Location: Arrivals Area, Landside, Ground Floor.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Baby change facilities are located throughout the airport.
- Baby Supplies – Superdrug is located Airside and offers pre-order service for baby milk, diapers and baby food simply place your order 7 days before your travel and pick up post security, freeing up space in your hand luggage for other essentials.
- High Chairs – All restaurants and cafes provide high chairs and a 13-amp baby food-warming unit, ask the staff for details. They will also provide hot water in a suitable container, depending on what you need it for and subject to the appropriate safety precautions. Please be aware that staff are not permitted to use microwaves to warm baby food or milk.
Food & Drinks
- Drinking Water – Water fountains are available Landside (Arrivals, near the Baggage Claim) and Airside (at the entrance of the walkway to Gates 9-16. A traveller (July 2018) tells us that the airport has provided a sink (just before security) where you can dispose of your water if you want to bring your empty bottle through security.
- Food & Drinks – There is only one food and beverage option that is open 24 hours: Ritazza (landside). All other restaurants and cafes are open according to flight schedules. Dining options include:
- Landside: Caffe Ritazza • M&S Simply Food
- Airside: Starbucks • Burger King • Brunel • Frankie’s and Benny’s • Cabin • Tortilla • Soho CoffeeCo.
- Information Desk – Need help finding your way? An information desk can be found on the Ground Floor, near WHSmith. Hours: unknown.
- Baggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available. Rates: £2 or €2 (cash or credit card).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – A left luggage facility is available. Proceed to the Information Point in the main check-in hall and an agent will assist you. Rates: £5 (up to 4 hours) – £8.50 (for 8 – 24 hours). Cash and card payments are accepted.
- Luggage Weigh – Avoid unexpected overage fees by using Weigh Ahead service to check the weight of your bags before you check-in! Fee: £1.
- Luggage Wrapping – Protect your bags by having them covered in plastic wrap. Location: in the Check-In area.
- Pharmacy – A Superdrug is located on the First Floor. Hours: with flight schedule.
- Smoking – Smoking is prohibited within the airport terminal. There are designated smoking areas both landside and airside.
- Mobile Charging – Download the Joos App and pick up a mobile power bank at a Joos station. Charge as you move throughout the airport and drop off the charger before you leave the terminal.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. The machines dispense Sterling and Euros. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: departure and arrivals areas.
- Currency Exchange – Global Exchange has a counter in the check-in concourse. Additionally, there are ATM’s throughout the airport that dispense Euros and Sterlings.
- Prayer Room – A Multi-Faith-Area is available Airside, between the Central Pier and Gates 32-34.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Sensory Room – The Sensory Room provides travellers with special needs a space to reduce anxiety before flight. Location: Landside, in the Special Assistance Area.
- Fast Track Service – As a premium service, customers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: £3.95 BP (pre-purchased online) • £5 (at kiosks in the airport).
- Duty Free & Shopping – In addition to a Duty Free shop there are other stores such as WH Smith, In Motion, Accessorize, JD, Traveller, and Claire’s
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Not available
Things to do & see
- Roof Terrace – When the weather is nice, wait for your flight on the roof terrace. To get there, go to the Mezzanine level.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Bristol airport is served by the following airlines: Aer Lingus • Aurigny • Blue Islands • EasyJet • KLM • Lauda • Loganair • Lufthansa • RyanAir • Wizz Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
BRS airport is well connected to the bus system. As of this update, some sample options include: Airport Flyer Express Bus, every 10 minutes, £8 single one-way ticket • Airport Flyer connecting to Weston-super-Mare, every hour, £5 single one-way ticket • Bath Bus Company connecting to Bath, every 30 minutes, £15 single one-way ticket. For schedules and additional route and fare information, visit the Bristol Airport website.
Onsite car rental agencies include: Alamo • Avis • Budget • Enterprise • Europcar • Hertz • National • Sixt • Thrifty.
At the time of this update there were no hotels that provided an airport shuttle, although a few can book paid transfers on your behalf. See also Airport Hotels above.
Taxis are available in front of the airport terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. Cash and credit cards are accepted.
The Airport Flyer enables you to access the rail network from Bristol Temple Meads and Weston-super-Mare station. There are frequent services to Bath, the West Country, as well as further on to London, South Wales and the rest of the UK.
You can buy train tickets to most UK railway stations, and the Airport Flyer, from the rail ticket machine at the Bristol Airport Arrivals concourse.
Last updated: 2023-03-21
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.