Dubrovnik Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Dubrovnik Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
it was eerily quiet at night - TOO quiet - and the winds were blowing ferocious at 40+ MPH. All night long, all I could hear was the wind howling through the trees, through the darkness, it was very spooky. -Trinh
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Dubrovnik Airport.
What to Expect
- A single-terminal international airport served mostly by seasonal flights. Shopping and dining options are very limited, and at the time of this update, we are unable to confirm if WiFi is available. A new terminal is currently under construction, expected to be completed by 2019.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Dubrovnik Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Business Lounge - Location: Terminal A, Airside. Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM (Tues, Thurs, Sun) • Closed (Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat).
WiFi is available at Dubrovnik Airport for a fee.
If sleeping in Dubrovnik Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Major - (5 min from the airport) Transfers can be arranged through the hotel.
- B & B Country House - (5 min from the airport) Transfers can be arranged through the hotel.
- Apartments Peric - Transfers can be arranged through the hotel. At the time of this update the cost for up to 3 guests is 45,00€ per car and up to 7 guests is 55,00€ per car.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Dubrovnik Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Banking - OTP offers full-service banking in the airport. Location: unknown. Hours: 8:00AM - 2:00PM daily, except Saturday (closed at 12:00PM).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Area - There is a playground located outside, between the car park and bus parking zones.
- Currency Exchange - Location: International Arrivals (Hours: 8:00AM - 12:00AM) • International Departures (Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM).
- Duty Free & Shopping - A duty-free shop is available in International Departures, and a newsstand is available in Domestic Departures.
- Food & Drinks - There are three coffee shops in the airport, one each in Domestic and International Departures, and a third in International Arrivals. At the time of this update, there are no 24 hours dining options.
- Information Desk - Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Luggage Wrapping - A luggage wrapping machine is available landside in the Check-In area. Fee: unknown.
The terminal operating hours are 4:00AM - 12:00PM
Atlas Shuttle Buses is the official airport transfer service of Dubrovnik Airport. Buses are scheduled to be available at the airport for each arriving commercial flight, and drop passengers off at Old City (Pile Gate bus station) and the main bus station, located near Gruž Ferry Port. For trips to the airport, buses depart the bus station at Gruž Port 90 minutes before each scheduled domestic flight and 2 hours before each scheduled international flight. Stops on the way to the airport include the Grawe building and the Dubrovnik Cable Car at Ploče (near Old City). Tickets are 40,00 KN for one-way travel and 70,00 KN for return-trip ticket, and are sold on board the bus or from the Atlas Travel Agency counter on the right-hand side of the baggage claim exit. For further information, visit the Atlas-Croatia website.
Autotrans provides seasonal shuttle bus service between the airport and Dubrovnik, operating from April through October. Five daily departures are available, and buses pick up passengers at the main bus station in Dubrovnik and Žičara (near Srč Cable Car) on the way to the airport. A one-way ticket is 40,00 KN, sold at bus stations, on board and online. Autotrans also provides regional transportation to Zagreb, Dalmatia and hundreds of other cities throughout Croatia and neighboring countries.
Car rental desks are located in the public area of the Arrivals Hall. Onsite car rental agencies include: Auto Rent, Avant Car, Avis, Bingo Rent, Budget, Dollar/Thrifty, Fleet, Hertz, Milenium/Right Cars, Last Minute, Oryx, Peugeot, Rent Auto, Sixt, Uni Rent and Uniline.
Taxis are readily available at the taxi stand, located next to Terminal “B”, outside of Domestic and International Arrivals. Inside of Terminal B is a Taxi Information Counter, with published taxi fares and service information.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.