Ekaterinburg Koltsovo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Ekaterinburg Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
If you do not have a plane leaving soon, do not even think using the airport as an overnight base. -Mudheno
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Koltsovo International Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean and modern international airport with two main passenger terminals (Terminals A and B), and a VIP “business” terminal, which offers upgraded amenities.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel connected to Terminal 3 and other hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Ekaterinburg Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Ekaterinburg airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Business Lounge - Location: Domestic Departures, Airside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (3000 rubles)
- Business Lounge - Location: International Departures, Airside, 2nd Floor. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (3000 rubles)
Free WiFi is available in the gates area and in 2 cafes - Sbarro and Shokoladnitsa. And there are internet kiosks are available in the Business Centre for a fee.
If sleeping in Koltsovo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Angelo Airport Hotel - (2 min walk to airport terminal) This hotel is connected to Terminal 3 via covered walkway.
- Liner Airport Hotel - (3 min walk to the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotel deals in Ekaterinburg on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available in several locations on the 1st floor of Terminals A and B.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Cloak Room - If you departing on an international flight to a warm destination during winter, you can leave your heavy winter coats in the cloak room for 70 RUB per day. Separate changing rooms available for men and women. Location: Terminal B (International Departures). Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Currency Exchange - Sberbank offers full-service banking, including foreign currency exchange. Location: Terminal B, 1st Floor, right hand-side.
- Food & Drinks - There are several restaurants available both landside and airside. Hours are not known.
- Information Kiosks - There are two information kiosks located in Terminal B, ground floor (landside).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Although there is no storage for luggage, the Cloak Room will store your heavy winter coats and other apparel. See Cloak Room above.
- Medical Services - Free first aid is available at the medical station. Location: Ground Floor, Terminal A, Domestic, Right wing. Hours: 24 a day.
- Nursery Room - If you are traveling with a child under 7 years old, you can make use of the Nursery Room, which includes everything you need to care for your child. Facilities include children’s and adult’s beds, fully-equipped kitchen, a game room, washing machine, a sofa with TV in the lounge area and more. Overnight accommodation permitted (with your children, of course). Medical clearance certificate, issued by the airport medical station, is required in order to gain access. Location: Terminal A, Domestic, 2nd Floor, tucked away in the very corner, near a baggage wrapping station.
- Pharmacy - There is a Pharmacy located in Terminal 2B, International, Ground Floor, near customs.
- Post Office - Location: Terminal B / International, 1st Floor.
- Showers - Showers are available in the Business Lounge [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking - There are designated smoking rooms within the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Bus 1 links the airport to Koltsovo Railway Station and Ekaterinburg-Passazhirsky Station (central station) in a 40-minute journey. Buses run from 6:50AM - 11:00PM. A single-ride ticket is 10 RUB.
Avis and Europcar are located in the Arrivals Hall.
Minibuses 26 and 39 offer service to the city center from 7:00AM - 10:00PM. Total trip time is 30 minutes.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. Total trip time between the airport and city center is 30 minutes.
The Koltsovo Express links the airport to Ekaterinburg-Passazhirsky railway station in a 40-minute journey. Tickets are 22 - 50 RUB, sold on the train or at the ticket office in Ekaterinburg-Passazhirsky.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.