In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Geneva Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The only downside was that the cleaning staff woke me up at 5am so that they could clean the spot I was sleeping in. -Eurotrip2011
"My friend and I found these awesome tickets with swiss, that included an overnight layover, but were much cheaper than the average ones. So we decided to stay.
At first, I read in the airport webpage that the airport was closed from 00.00 to 04.00. I was shocked and wrote them an email inquiring whether we could sleep in, and somebody answered it saying we couldn't. Thus, I was really confused and started looking for info in the internet until I found this page.
When we got there (around 11pm), we tried to follow the connections signs-- don't do that for overnight! they do close that part of the airport. I asked this guy from swissport and he said we could sleep around the landside.
So we went there and saw way more people than I expected. There are no comfortable seats on the check in floor, but the ones near easyjet have power sockets. Plus, wifi is free (it says it's free for an hour, you put your cellphone number and they text you a password. After the hour, you do it again and it works-- no cost guaranteed!).
Also, wondering around I discovered that the escalators start working if you pass close to them. People sleeping around them might get angry, so avoid that!
I forgot to mention that, on the lower level (in the one that connects to the train station , the one you actually leave the airside), there are these awesome cafs that have sofas and really comfy stuff. I discovered that way too late.
At 4.30 am they open the restaurants and stuff on the second floor. You can go to this terrace-thing that have these huge sofas on which you can sleep peacefully, and don't have to spend any money to go there."
Have you been to Geneva Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Dnata Skyview Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, Airside, Mezzanine Level. Hours: 6am - 830pm. Lounge Access: CHF 40.00 per person (at the door) or £28.00 (online) to guarantee that you have a seat. » book lounge
- Horizon Business Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, Airside, Mezzanine Level. Hours: 6am - 10pm. Lounge Access: CHF 40.00 per person (at the door) or £28.00 (online) to guarantee that you have a seat. » book lounge
- Horizon VIP Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, Airside. Hours: 6am - 830pm. Lounge Access: CHF 70.00
- Swiss Business Class Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, Airside. Hours: 6am - 930pm.
The following airlines also have lounges: Air France • British Airways • Lufthansa • Swiss.
Free WiFi is available at the Geneva Airport for one hour. Connect to the " “Free_WiFi_GVA” network. For additional time, you can purchase vouchers at Relay, Leaders, or American Express.
If sleeping in the Geneva Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport....
- Nash Airport Hotel - 200m from the International Airport. Day rooms are offered based on availability.
- Ibis Geneve Aeroport - free airport shuttle runs from 530am - 1115pm
- NH Geneva Airport - free airport shuttle
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Car Rentals -
• Budget • Europcar • Hertz • National • Sixt. Location: Arrivals Level, Swiss sector.
Avis • Europcar • Hertz • National • Sixt. Location: Arrivals Level, French sector.
- Children's Play Area - There is a play area located in the transit area between Gates A5 and A8.
- Currency Exchange - Location: Railway Station. Hours: 8am - 8pm
- Food / Dining - There are many food options at this airport, but none are open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - There is left luggage office in the CFF train station (Hours: 630am - 8pm). Maximum storage time is one month. Rate: CHF 10 per day. Lockers are also available at the CFF train station (Hours: 5am - 1150pm). Rate: CHF 6-9 per day. Maximum storage time is 3 days.
- Meditation Room - Location: transit area, mezzanine level.
- Pharmacy - Location: Railway Station. Hours: 8am - 9pm
- Showers - Showers are available in three locations. Locations: Arrivals (landside, near baggage carousel # 6); Arrivals (landside, near Post office); Departures (airside, transit area, near the first class/business lounges). Rate: CHF 15 (includes, soap, shampoo and towel).
400am - 1200am (Terminal 1)
Facebook and Twitter Tips
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Geneva Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Geneva Travel Resources
- Geneva Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 01 Jan 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.