In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Geneva Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The only downside was that the cleaning staff woke me up at 5am so that they could clean the spot I was sleeping in. -Eurotrip2011
"I had a bad experience in Genova last night (May 2014). As a previous reviewer notes, they close the airport at night. But in my case the security guard kicked me out. The airport is closed from midnight to 4:30 according to him. The empty information desk on the east end of the departures level has both Euro and US style plugs. Free unlimited city WiFi (downstairs only) or 1 hour free airport WiFi throughout the terminal."
Have you been to Geneva Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Dnata Skyview Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, Airside, Mezzanine Level. Hours: 6am - 830pm. Lounge Access: CHF 40.00 per person (at the door) or £28.00 (online) to guarantee that you have a seat. » book lounge
- Horizon Business Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, Airside, Mezzanine Level. Hours: 6am - 10pm. Lounge Access: CHF 40.00 per person (at the door) or £28.00 (online) to guarantee that you have a seat. » book lounge
- Horizon VIP Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, Airside. Hours: 6am - 830pm. Lounge Access: CHF 70.00
- Swiss Business Class Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, Airside. Hours: 6am - 930pm.
The following airlines also have lounges: Air France • British Airways • Lufthansa • Swiss.
Free WiFi is available at the Geneva Airport for one hour. Connect to the " “Free_WiFi_GVA” network. For additional time, you can purchase vouchers at Relay, Leaders, or American Express.
If sleeping in the Geneva Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport....
- Nash Airport Hotel - 200m from the International Airport. Day rooms are offered based on availability.
- Ibis Geneve Aeroport - free airport shuttle runs from 530am - 1115pm
- NH Geneva Airport - free airport shuttle
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Car Rentals -
• Budget • Europcar • Hertz • National • Sixt. Location: Arrivals Level, Swiss sector.
Avis • Europcar • Hertz • National • Sixt. Location: Arrivals Level, French sector.
- Children's Play Area - There is a play area located in the transit area between Gates A5 and A8.
- Currency Exchange - Location: Railway Station. Hours: 8am - 8pm
- Food & Drinks - There are many food options at this airport, but none are open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - There is left luggage office in the CFF train station (Hours: 630am - 8pm). Maximum storage time is one month. Rate: CHF 10 per day. Lockers are also available at the CFF train station (Hours: 5am - 1150pm). Rate: CHF 6-9 per day. Maximum storage time is 3 days.
- Meditation Room - Location: transit area, mezzanine level.
- Pharmacy - Location: Railway Station. Hours: 8am - 9pm
- Showers - Showers are available in three locations. Locations: Arrivals (landside, near baggage carousel # 6); Arrivals (landside, near Post office); Departures (airside, transit area, near the first class/business lounges). Rate: CHF 15 (includes, soap, shampoo and towel).
400am - 1200am (Terminal 1)
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Geneva Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Geneva Travel Resources
- Geneva Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 01 Jan 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.