Geneva Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Geneva Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The only downside was that the cleaning staff woke me up at 5am so that they could clean the spot I was sleeping in. -Eurotrip2011
"I had a bad experience in Genova last night (May 2014). As a previous reviewer notes, they close the airport at night. But in my case the security guard kicked me out. The airport is closed from midnight to 4:30 according to him. The empty information desk on the east end of the departures level has both Euro and US style plugs. Free unlimited city WiFi (downstairs only) or 1 hour free airport WiFi throughout the terminal."
Have you been to Geneva Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Geneva airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Dnata Skyview Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, Airside, Mezzanine Level. Hours: 6:00AM - 8:30PM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (CHF 45.00) • Book Online (£28.00) • Priority Pass.
Dnata Lounge also offers an Early Bird Lounge Pass valid from 6:00AM – 8:00AM for 30CHF
- Horizon Business Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, Airside, Mezzanine Level. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (CHF 35.00) • Book Online (£28.00) • Priority Pass.
- Swiss Business Class Lounge - Location: Main Terminal, Airside. Hours: 6:00AM - 9:30PM. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
The following airlines also have lounges: Air France • British Airways • Swiss.
Free WiFi is available at Geneva Airport for 90 minutes. Connect to the " “Free_WiFi_GVA” network. You can reconnect after 6 hours for an additional 90 minutes. You can also purchase additional time.
If sleeping in Geneva Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Starling Geneva Hotel and Conference Center - (3 min from the airport) This is the closest hotel to the airport. Free roundtrip airport shuttle runs from 5:10am to 11:45pm daily, every 15 minutes.
- Ibis Geneve Aeroport - (15 min walk or 4 min ride from the airport) Free airport shuttle runs from 530am - 11:15pm daily.
- Nash Airport Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle runs every 20 minutes, from 5am to 11:30pm. Airport pick-up is at Arrival Level (Gate 4). Day rooms are offered based on availability.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Geneva Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Baby/Children’s Area - Children’s Area includes games, kitchen, baby change facilities and rest area for children. Location: Transit Zone, Mezzanine Level. Hours: 8:00AM – 8:00PM.
- Baggage Trolleys - Carts can be found at 83 different locations around the airport. Rate: 2 Swiss francs or 2 Euros coins.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Budget • Dollar/Thrifty • Europcar • Hertz • National • Sixt. Location: Arrivals Level, Swiss sector. Avis • Budget • Enterprise • Europcar • Hertz • Sixt. Location: Arrivals Level, French sector.
- Children's Play Area - There is a play area located in the transit area between Gates A5 and A8.
- Currency Exchange - Location: Railway Station. Hours: 8am - 8pm
- Dry Cleaning - There is a dry cleaner available offering dry cleaning, ironing, etc. Location: Railway Station. Hours 8:00AM – 8:00PM (Mon – Fri) and 9:00AM – 12:30PM and 1:00PM – 8:00PM (Sat, Sun and Holidays)
- Early Check in - Check in your luggage the day before takeoff at which time you will also receive your boarding card and seat assignment. Location: Railway Station
- Fast Track Service - As a premium service, customers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Book online before midnight. Cost: 8.00 CHF (approx 8 EU)
- Food & Drinks - There are many food options at this airport, but none are open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - There is left luggage office in the CFF train station (Hours: 7:30AM - 8:15PM). Maximum storage time is one month. Rate: CHF 10 per day. Lockers are also available at the CFF train station (Hours: 5:00AM - 11:50PM). Rate: CHF 6-9 per day. Maximum storage time is 3 days.
- Meditation Room - Location: transit area, mezzanine level.
- Pharmacy - Pharmacie Sun Store (Location: Railway Station. Hours: 8:00AM - 9:00PM) and Pharmacie Principale (Location: Landside, Departures Level. Hours: 6:00AM - 9:00PM).
- Post Office - Locations: Railway Station • Arrivals Level. Hours: unknown.
- Shoe and Phone Repairs - Have your shoes or smart phone repaired or get a new watch battery, all while you wait. Location: Railway Station. Hours 9:00AM – 8:00PM daily.
- Shopping - In addition to duty free stores, there is a variety of stores selling clothing, souvenirs, chocolate, alcohol, books and more.
- Showers - Showers are available in three locations. Locations: Arrivals (landside, near baggage carousel # 6) • Arrivals (landside, near Post office) • Departures (airside, transit area, near the first class/business lounges). Rate: CHF 15 (includes, soap, shampoo and towel). Tokens can be purchased at the Welcome Desk Swissport (Location: arrivals level, near baggage carousel # 2 and 3. Hours: 7:00AM - until last flight) • Information Desk (Location: Landside, Arrivals Area. Hours: 7:00AM - 11:00PM.) • Nursery (Location: Airside, departures, transit area. Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM).
- Smoking - There is a smoking room in the Terminal 1 transit area.
The airport is open 4:00AM - 1200AM (Terminal 1).
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Geneva Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Geneva Travel Resources
- Geneva Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 27 July 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.