Hannover Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Hannover Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Being tired the brats run amok all over the place, wailing and kicking up a fuss....There is a general noise level that makes even hardened airport sleepers unable to catch a nap. -t_maia
photo credit: Hombre / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Hannover Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern international airport with three terminals (Terminals A, B and C), connected landside. A wide variety of shops and restaurants are available, mostly in Terminals A and B. 24-hour dining is available.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Many travelers who spend the night at the airport choose to do so to catch an early flight, or due to arriving at the airport late at night during public transportation off hours.
- Large wooden benches are available in the main hallway.
- Have a sleep mask and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy to block out the airport’s bright lights and loud noises.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Hannover Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Hannover airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Karl Jatho Lounge - Location: Terminal A, Landside, between Terminal A and Terminal B. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Lufthansa Business Lounge - Location: Terminal A, Airside, near Gate A6. Hours: Varied. Lounge Access: Book Online (US$ 42)
- Hannover Club Lounge - Location: Terminal C, Landside, Departure Level, 3rd Floor. Hours: 5:00AM - 9:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Hannover Airport for 60 minutes. Connect to the "Telekom" network. Additional free WiFi access points are located in McDonalds, Marche Bakery, the Lufthansa Lounge.
Additionally, if you do not have a mobile device, you can access the internet at the Skylounge Cafe, Terminal C, Departure Level. If you order a drink you will receive 15 free minutes (LAN) or 30 min (WiFi).
If sleeping in Hannover Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Leonardo Hotel - (3 min walk from the airport) Located directly in front of the airport terminals. Free roundtrip airport shuttle available 24-hours, upon request.
- Maritim Airport Hotel - (4 min walk from the airport) This hotel is 50 meters from Terminals B and C. Day rooms are offered 9:00AM to 6:00PM.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Hannover Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Tours - Tours are available for groups.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Sparkasse Hannover Bank airport branch has a 24-hour ATM. Location: unknown.
- Baby Care Facilities - Two baby changing rooms are located in Terminal C on the Arrivals Level.
- Banking - Sparkasse Hannover offers full-service banking in the airport. Location: unknown. Hours: 9:00AM - 6:00PM.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Casino - Spiel-in Casino - Location: Arrival Level Terminal C. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Children's Play Areas - Location: Terminal C • Terminal B, Arrivals • Airport Plaza, between Terminals A and B.
- Currency Exchange - There is a Travelex located in the Airport Plaza, Departures Level, between Terminals A and B. Hours: 5:45AM - 9:15PM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Heinemann Duty Free store is available, along with a three gift shops and a convenience store.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: McDonald’s (in Airport Plaza, Departures level between Terminals A and B).
- Hair Salon - Friseur Apel. Location: Unknown. Hours: 10:00AM – 7:00PM (Mon - Fri, Sun). Closed on Saturday.
- Information Desk - The Airport Service Center can assist you with general airport information, tax refund processing, luggage storage, and more. Location: Arrival Level, Terminal B. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Store your luggage at the following per item rates: €2.50 for up to 3 hours • €4.50 for up to 24 hours • €3.50 for every 24 hours after. Higher rates apply for oversized and odd-shaped items. Location: Terminal B, Arrivals level (Contact the Airport Service Center team for assistance). Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Massage Chairs - Available both landside and airside on departure levels. Rates: Not known.
- Mobile Charging - Electrical sockets can be found in the public area, the dining facilities and the secure area of the airport.
- Observation Deck- A 360° panoramic terrace can be accessed via the glass elevators to the Hannover Airport Plaza in the connector link between Terminals A and B. Rate: € 2.50 (adult) and € 1.50 (child)
- Pharmacy - Airport Apotheke - Location: Terminal A, Departures level, between Terminals A and B, Landside. Hours: 8:00AM - 7:00PM (Mon - Fri) • 8:00AM - 3:00PM (Sat) • 8:00AM - 7:00PM (Sun).
- Prayer Room - Yes. Location: Arrivals, connecting hall between Terminals A and B. Hours: 24 hours. There is also a Muslim Prayer Room available. Location: Arrivals, connecting hall between Terminals B and C. Hours: 24 hours.
- Shipping - Need to ship items home or a care package to a friend? DHL Shipment Store is open daily from 11:00AM - 7:00PM. Location: Arrivals. Hours: 6:30AM - 8:00PM.
- Smoking - Smoking is allowed in designated smoking areas outside all terminals as well as in designated smoking booths throughout the airport.
- Supermarket - If you need to pick up groceries on your way home to your destination in Hanover, stop at Edeka Aktiv Markt. A wide variety of hot and cold sandwiches, take-away meals and general groceries are available.
- World of Aviation - The "World of Aviation" in an interactive exhibition featuring a flight simulator. Rate: € 4.80 (adults) and € 3.50 (child). The flight simulator is € 149.00
The airport is open 24 hours.
Bus 470 runs several times per hour between the airport and Langenhagen Zentrum Station in central Hannover. The airport bus stop is located between the Maritim Hotel and multi-story Car Park 3 (near Terminal C). For timetables and fares, go to the Hannoversche Verkehrsbetriebe website.
Car rental services are available in the Arrivals area between Terminals A and B. The following agencies are located onsite: Avis, Enterprise, Euromobil, Europcar, Hertz/Thrifty and Sixt. At the time of this update, all of the agencies listed open Monday through Friday, from 7:00AM until 9:00PM or later. Limited hours apply on the weekends.
Taxis are readily available outside of Arrivals. Total trip time between the airport and central Hannover is about 20 minutes in one direction.
Hannover Airport is connected by rail to central Hannover via S5 Suburban Train (Hannover Airport Line). Trains run between the airport’s S-Bahn station (located in Terminal C) and Hannover Central Railway Station every 30 minutes from 3:30AM - 1:05AM. Total trip time in one direction is 18 minutes. For schedules and fare information, visit the Deutsche Bahn AG website.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.