Irkutsk Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Irkutsk Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Both [terminals] resemble a Bus Terminal from about the 1960s.
photo credit: Vasiliy Tatarinov / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at International Airport Irkutsk.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with limited shopping and dining options.
- Possible language barrier
- Small, dirty restrooms. Bring your own toilet paper!
Where to Sleep
- Travelers are not allowed inside the airport until 2 hours before the departure of their flight, but passengers stranded inside the airport due to cancelled or delayed flights, are welcome to stay. The terminal has a few seats (with armrests), so you may feel more comfortable sleeping on the floor if you have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Irkutsk Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- High Comfy Zone Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, 1st Floor. Hours: open 24 hours.
WiFi is available at Irkutsk Airport inside the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
If sleeping in Irkutsk Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Vozdushnaya Gavan - (4 minute walk to the airport) Located 200 meters from the airport terminal. No airport shuttle.
- Zvezda Hotel - (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available (must be pre-arranged).
- Baikal Business Centre Hotel - (7 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available upon request. Cost is approx. 1100 RUR.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Irkutsk Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes.
- Car Rentals - Yes.
- Chapel - An Orthodox Chapel is open 24 hours a day on the 2nd floor of the Domestic Terminal.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Luggage storage is available to passengers in the Domestic terminal for 300 RUB per piece of luggage. Location: 1st Floor. Storage is also offered to passengers in the International terminal, but only during events of delayed flight. Location: 2nd Floor.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available 24 hours a day in the airport’s health post. Location: unknown.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Various buses, trams, and “marshrutkas” (minibuses) offer economical transportation to and from the airport.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.