Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Irkutsk Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Both [terminals] resemble a Bus Terminal from about the 1960s. -a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Irkutsk International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with limited shopping and dining options.
- Possible language barrier
- Small, dirty restrooms. Bring your own toilet paper!
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Travellers are not allowed inside the airport until 2 hours before the departure of their flight, but passengers stranded inside the airport due to cancelled or delayed flights, are welcome to stay. The terminal has a few seats (with armrests), so you may feel more comfortable sleeping on the floor if you have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Irkutsk Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Vozdushnaya Gavan – (4 minute walk to the airport) Located 200 meters from the airport terminal. No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Zvezda Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available. (must be pre-arranged). » Check Rates
- Baikal Business Centre Hotel – (7 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available upon request. Cost is approx. 1100 RUR. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Irkutsk Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Irkutsk Airport inside the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: unknown.
Chapel – An Orthodox Chapel is open 24 hours a day on the 2nd floor of the Domestic Terminal.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of any 24-hour dining options.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Luggage storage is available to passengers in the Domestic terminal for 300 RUB per piece of luggage. Location: 1st Floor. Storage is also offered to passengers in the International terminal, but only during events of delayed flight. Location: 2nd Floor.
Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care is available 24 hours a day in the airport’s health post. Location: unknown.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2018, Irkutsk airport is served by the following airlines: Azur Air • Alrosa • Angara • Aero Mongolia • Aeroflot • China Eastern • IrAero • Juneyao Airlines • Hainan Airlines • Korean Air • OrenAir • NordStar Airlines • Nord Wind • Tianjin Airlines • S7 Airlines • Ural Airlines • Yakutia.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Various buses, trams, and “marshrutkas” (minibuses) offer economical transportation to and from the airport.
Taxis are available at the Airport. At the time of this December 2017 update, the fare starts at RUB 350 for the 15-20 minute ride to the city centre.
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.