Isle of Man Ronaldsway Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Isle of Man Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I live on the island and thought I'd try it out and its s--t. Plainly and simply s--t.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Isle of Man Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern single-terminal international airport with basic shopping and dining options.
- Free WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Isle of Man Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Isle of Man airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Rendezvous Executive Lounge - Location: Airside. Hours: 5:45AM - 7:00PM (Mon - Fri) • 5:45AM - 1:30PM (Sat) • 12:00PM - 8:00PM (Sun). Lounge Access: Book Online (£13.50 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Isle of Man Airport in the Departures Lounge and Buffet Areas.
If sleeping in Ronaldsway Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Sefton Express Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Located across from the main airport. No airport shuttle.
- The George Hotel - (5 min from the airport).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Isle of Man Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There is an ATM in the main entrance lobby.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - not available in the airport.
- Family Services - Parent/baby rooms are located on the ground floor of the main terminal and in the departure lounge. A baby change unit is also available in the toilets on the first floor of the terminal.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining. Food options include: Café Oasis (landside) • Costa Coffee (airside) • Okells Bar (airside).
- Information Desk - Location: Main Hall
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Rendezvous Airport Services, in the check-in hall
- Observation Deck - Location: Landside, First Floor.
- Shopping - A WHSmith is located airside on the 1st floor, and a 2nd airport shop is located airside on the 2nd floor.
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open from 6:15AM - 8:45PM (Mon-Sat) and 7:00AM - 8:45PM (Sun).
Buses 1, 1A, 2, 10, 11, 11A, 12 and 12A link the airport to Douglas, Santon, Ballasalla, Castletown, Port Erin and stops in between. Buses 8 and 8A run between the airport, Peel, Foxdale and Port Erin.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Athol Car Hire, Isle of Man Rent A Car (agent for Europcar, Hertz, National and Thrifty) and Mylchreests Car Rental (agent for Avis). Locations: near Arrivals.
Fixed-rate taxis are readily available at the taxi rank located in front of the airport terminal entrance.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.