About This Airport:
- > Airport Guide
- > Airport Hotels
- > Airport Hours
- > Airport Lounges
- > Airport WiFi
- > Services, Facilities & Things to Do At The Airport
- > Read all Reviews
- > Vote in the 2014
Best & Worst Airports Survey
Istanbul Ataturk Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Istanbul Ataturk Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Metal seats make it quite drafty, so buy a newspaper to spread over the seats and get a coat out of your luggage before putting it in storage. -Polonius
I had twenty hours between flights from Tashkent to NY so I saw Istanbul during the day and returned to the airport at night to sleep and catch my flight out in the morning. I watched part of a Turkish soccer qualifier at an airport bar and then moved up to the main level where i was able to spread out on a few seats. There were several families nearby doing the same thing. I was woken once by a cleaning lady who was quite nice and apologetic and security didn't care that i was there sleeping. The guy at customs did get a kick when he asked me where i spent the night and i pointed to a corner of the airport. Wouldn't hesitate to sleep there again.
The last review for this airport was in 2013. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- Primeclass CIP Lounge - Location: International Terminal, airside, above the food court. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours
- Wings Primeclass Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, 2nd Floor. Hours: airside. Hours: 4am - 12am
- Wings Primeclass Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside
- Garanti Zone Lounge - Location: Domestic and International Terminals, airside. Hours: open 24 hours
- Yapi Kredi World International CIP Lounge - Location: International Terminal, airside. Hours: open 24 hours
- Millenium Lounge - Location: International Terminal, airside. Hours: open 24 hours
- HSBC Club Lounge - Location: International Terminal, airside, 2nd floor. Hours: open 24 hours
- British Airways Terraces Lounge - Location: International Terminal, airside. Hours: 630am - 630pm
- THY CIP
Free WiFi is available at Istanbul Ataturk Airport in the Arrivals and Departures lounges. Additional WiFi spots within the terminal are subject to a charge.
If sleeping in the Istanbul Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels inside and near the airport....
- TAV Istanbul International Airport Hotel - located inside the terminal in two sections (landside and airside). Hourly rates are offered in 3 hour blocks.
- Wow Airport Hotel - free airport shuttle. 5 minute drive from Ataturk.
- Radisson Blu - adjacent to the airport. Free shuttle available.
- Courtyard by Marriott - free airport shuttle
- Best Western
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Ataturk Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are 19 ATMS located throughout the airport.
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Europcar • Hertz • National • Sixt • Thrifty • and more. Location:
- Currency Exchange - There are 6 currency exchange offices located landside and airside.
- Food / Dining - There are several food concessions that are open 24 hours. I've listed them below:
»International - Landside: Caffe Nero • Starbucks • Simit Sarayı Mobil
»International - Airside: Restro • Caffe Nero • Simit Sarayı • Cakes & Bakes • Turcuisine • The Greenport • Starbucks • Coca Cola Cafe • Millenium Lounge • Coca Cola Bus Gate
»Domestic - Landside: no 24 hour food/beverage options
»Domestic - Airside: Kokpit Cafe • Tadinda Anadolu • Starbucks • C&B
- Information Desks - Locations: International Terminal, Landside, Arrivals Floor and Departures Floor • International Terminal, Airside, Transit Area • Domestic Terminal, Landside, Arrivals and Departures Floor. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Location: Arrivals, International and Domestic Terminals. Hours: open 24 hours. Rates: from 18.00TL (suitcase) to 25.00TL (large baggage).
- Mosques - There are 8 mosques in the airport. Locations: International Terminal, landside, check-in area (2) • International Terminal, transit area, airside (2) • International Terminal, arrivals floor (2) • Domestic Terminal, airside, departure gates (2). Hours: open 24 hours.
- Pharmacy - Location: Arrivals Area, landside.
- Showers - Available in the Primeclass Lounges.
open 24 hours
Istanbul Travel Resources
- Istanbul Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 08 October 2013
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.