Kaunas Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Kaunas Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
There were quiet benches upstairs and I managed to get a fairly OK night's sleep with only sleeping bag liner. - jollyroger
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Kaunas International Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern three-story, single-terminal international airport. A variety of shopping and dining options is available.
- Free WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Benches are available on the upper floor, along with carpeted floor space. Have a sleeping bag handy for added comfort!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Kaunas Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Kaunas Airport. Connect to the "Invest Lithuania Free WiFi" network.
If sleeping in Kaunas Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Jurates B&B Namai - (5 min walk from the airport) Airport pick-up available.
- Aneles B&B - (5 min from the airport) All rooms have shared bathroom. Airport pick-up available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kaunas Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Medicinos Bankas offers full-service banking and currency exchange in the airport. Hours: Open according to daily flight schedule.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available, along with a book store, convenience shop, and souvenir shop. All shops are open according to daily flight schedule.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions in the airport are open according to daily flight schedule. At the time of this update, 24-hour dining is not available, but there are vending machines in Departures (2nd floor).
- Information Desk - Location: in the Arrivals Area
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Pack & Fly offers luggage storage at a rate of €5 per bag, per calendar day. Location: Departures, landside, Check-in area. Hours: 4:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Luggage Wrapping - Pack & Fly offers luggage wrapping service for a fee of €6 per bag. Location: Departures, landside, Check-in area. Hours: 4:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Police / Security - Location: in the Arrivals Area
- Showers - not available
- Water - The airport sells 0.5l bottled water, before and after security for €1,00 (or less) in response to travellers complaints about the price of bottled water, the airport plans to keep the water at these prices until the screening procedures change allowing passengers to bring their bottles through screening points. Sold at the following locations: Coffee Hill snack bar and Airport Travel Shop.
The airport is open 24 hours.
The following buses serve Kaunas Airport, stopping at a designated bus stop area located in front of the airport terminal.
Local city bus 29 connects the airport with central Kaunas, providing connections to the main train on M.K.Čiurlionio Street and main bus station on Vytauto Ave. City bus 29E is available to late night passengers, with service starting after the last flight has arrived. Bus fare is payable via rechargeable CARD ticket-free system, good for travel on any KVT bus. CARD can be purchased and/or loaded at Narvesen convenience store, located in Arrivals, and validated upon boarding the bus.
flybus makes express round trips between the airport and Riga City Center Esplanade. En-route stops to Panevezys, Bauska (Latvia) and Riga Airport (Latvia) are by request only.
Kaunas Airport Express runs between the airport and the Akropolis shopping center in Klaipėda or the Hotel Panorama in Vilnius, in coordination with all Ryanair flights.
Minsk-Kaunas Airport Bus offers express service between the airport and the Institute of Culture in Minsk. Service runs in coordination with all Ryanair flights.
Intercity buses also serve the airport from these following destinations: Anyksciai, Birzai, Ignalina, Kupiskis, Marijampole, Moletai, Obeliai, Rokiskis, Sirvintos, Utena, Visaginas, Zarasai. For bus routes, schedules and fares, visit the autobusu bilietai website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Autobanga, Autocom, Aviaeuropa, Avis, Enterprise, Europcar, Fortuna, Hertz, NeoRent, Sixt and Trusticar.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.