Kyiv Boryspil Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Kyiv Boryspil Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I found a window ledge to lay on by a heater, and was able to get a little sleep.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Boryspil International Airport.
What to Expect
- A large and busy international airport with two separate terminals for domestic/international charter flights (Terminal B) and international flights (Terminal D). Clean facilities and a wide variety of shops, restaurants and services are available.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Plenty of seating, both landside and airside!
- No designated smoking areas, so the terminals smell smoky from travelers who smoke almost anywhere they wish!
Where to Sleep
- There are plenty of armrest-free seats and benches throughout. Try Gates D12 - D13, on the side opposite the gate entrances, for a peaceful, uninterrupted night of sleep. The area is darkened at night, with no loud TVs, and a coffee kiosk located nearby. The area is patrolled by security, who may check your passport, but will otherwise leave you alone.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Kyiv Boryspil Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Kyiv Boryspil airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Business Class Lounge - Location:Terminal D, Airside, 2nd Floor. Domestic flights only. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (720 UAH first 2 hours and 360 UAH for each hour or part of thereafter) • Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Airline Lounge - Location: Terminal D, Airside, the Lounge is located on the 4th Floor. International flights only. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (650 UAH first 2 hours and 325 UAH for each hour or part of thereafter) • Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Kyiv Boryspil Airport in 15 minute sessions. Connect to the "Free Boryspil WiFi" network.
Additionally, internet terminals are available in Terminal B (1st Floor) and Terminal F (2nd Floor).
If sleeping in Kyiv Boryspil Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Boryspil Airport Hotel - (10 min walk from the airport) Located close to Terminal D. Day rooms can be booked, if available, for 6 hour blocks from 6:00AM to 6:00PM, at $36 (standard room, single bed), $54 (standard room, twin bed), $66 (junior suite, double bed), $78 (suite w/ twin and arm-chair bed), and $102 (luxury suite, single bed).
- Airport Hotel - (7 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport transfer. Day rooms can be booked, if available, for 6 hour blocks from 6:00AM to 6:00PM, at $18 (single room), $36 (single room, double bed), $48 (luxury two-room suite), $15 (single room, no conveniences) or $30 (single room, double bed, no conveniences).
- Old Port Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged.
- Korona Hotel - (7 min from the airport) 24 hour airport transfers available on request for a fee.
- Ligena Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Free airport pick-up.
- Stara Vezha Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available for a fee.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Boryspil Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Baggage Trolleys - Yes, free of charge and available in Terminal D.
- Beauty Salon - Nail spa and hair salon are available. Location: Terminal B, 1st Floor.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Areas - A colorful play area with views of the tarmac is located on the 3rd floor of Terminal D.
- Currency Exchange - Currency Exchange kiosks are located in Terminals B (1st Floor), Terminal C (1st Floor), Terminal D (1st and 3rd Floors), and Terminal F (1st Floor). Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free and other shops are available throughout the airport.
- Fast Track Service - As a premium service, customers with Fast Lane security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: Adult - 500 UAH.
- First Aid - 3 stations are located throughout the airport. Location: Terminals B, D and F.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we could not confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Terminal D, 1st Floor, near the bank. Rates: 9 UAH per hour and 120 UAH for per day. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Luggage Wrapping - Locations: Terminals B (1st Floor), Terminal D (3rd Floor), and Terminal F (1st Floor).
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the First Aid stations. Three locations: 1st floor of Terminals B, D and F.
- Pharmacy - Two locations: Terminal B (1st Floor) and Terminal F (2nd Floor).
- Showers - Showers are located in the Airline and Business lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking Rooms - There are smoking rooms located airside in Terminals B, D and F
The airport is open 24 hours - Terminal F (updated by a site visitor)
SkyBus offers a low-cost and efficient way to travel between the airport and central Kiev, with connections to major public transportation hubs. Buses run between Terminals B and D at the airport to Pivdenny Railway Station, stopping enroute at Kharkivska Metro Station. Departures are frequent during peak times, with a bus leaving every 15 - 20 minutes. At the time of this update, a one-way fare costs 50 UAH and can be purchased on board from the driver, or at ticket booths located in Terminals B and D.
Kiev Airport is served by long-distance buses to/from other Ukrainian towns and cities. Operated by Autolux, Gunsel or Ukrbus, these buses pickup and drop off passengers at the bus terminal outside of Terminal B.
The following car rental agencies operate onsite at the airport: Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Passengers staying at the Airport Hotel or Boryspil Hotel will appreciate the free shuttle service offered by the airport. Buses depart every 30 minutes and travel a circuit between Terminal D, Terminal B bus terminal and the airport hotels. Total travel time between the two terminals, with a stop at one airport hotel, is about 5 - 7 minutes.
Licensed, air-conditioned taxis are readily available 24-hours a day in taxi ranks outside of each passenger terminal. All taxis accept cash and major credit cards.
Last Updated: 22 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.