Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Kyiv Boryspil Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I found a window ledge to lay on by a heater, and was able to get a little sleep. -Ben
KBP Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Kyiv Boryspil International Airport.
What to Expect
Kyiv Boryspil Airport (code: KBP) consists of three terminals, with the smaller Terminals B and F primarily serving domestic and charter flights, and the newest and larger Terminal D primarily handling international flights. While the terminals are connected by inter-terminal shuttle buses, Terminal D offers the most options for services, dining and shopping, and the most amenities for an extended stay. WiFi is available to help pass the time. Additional comfort can be found through fee-based access to the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Sleeping in Kyiv Boryspil Airport
Travellers report that Terminal D has comfortable seating for sleeping, with plenty of armrest free seats and benches throughout. Airport staff and security are tolerant of overnight sleepers, though security staff may ask to check your passport. The area across from Gates D12 and D13 has been cited as a good spot for sleeping due to its low nighttime lighting and relative quiet. For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport.See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
There are no designated smoking areas, so be prepared for the smell of cigarette smoke throughout the terminals.
For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Kyiv Boryspil Airport Guide.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, all services and times listed below are subject to change. In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Business Lounge (International) – Location: Terminal D, Airside, 2nd Floor. International flights only. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
Passes Business Lounge (Domestic) – Location: Terminal D, Airside, 2nd Floor. Domestic flights only. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
If sleeping in Kyiv Boryspil Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- GettSleep – Opened July 2019 – This capsule hotel has 40 single and 16 double capsules for periods of three, six or twelve hours. The capsules include free wifi, air conditioning, sound insulation, and linens. There are showers (towels are extra charge) and luggage storage. Rates:
- Single capsules – Hr 150 (1hour) • Hr 370 (3 hours) • Hr 490 (6 hours) • Hr 620 (12 hours).
- Double capsules – Hr 250 (1 hour) • Hr 550 (3 hours) • Hr 730 (6 hours) • Hr 930 hours (12 hours).
- Boryspil Airport Hotel – (10 minute walk from the airport) Located close to Terminal D. A free 24-hour airport shuttle departs every 15 minutes. Day rooms can be booked, depending on availability, for 6 hour blocks from 6:00AM to 6:00PM, at 345UAH – 852UAH. » Check Rates
- Airport Hotel – (7 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hour airport transfer. Day rooms can be booked, depending on availability, for 6 hour blocks from 6:00AM to 6:00PM, at 144UAH – 480UAH (suite, double superior). » Check Rates
- Korona Hotel – (7 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available. 24 hours on request for a fee (85 UAH each way). » Check Rates
- Ligena Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport pick-up. » Check Rates
- Stara Vezha Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request. Cost is approx. 100 UAH each way. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Boryspil Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Kyiv Boryspil Airport in 30 minute sessions. Connect to the “Free Boryspil WiFi” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – If you are travelling with an infant, there are baby changing facilities are available in 3 areas. Locations: Terminal D, Airside.
- Children’s Play Areas – A colorful play area with views of the tarmac is located on the 3rd floor of Terminal D.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we could not confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Information – An Information Booth is available offering services in 3 languages. Location: Unknown. Hours: 24 hours.
- Baggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available free of charge in Terminal D.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Location: Terminal D, 1st Floor, near the bank. Rates: 10 UAH per hour and 120 UAH for per day. Rate are available for 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours and in 24 hour increments thereafter. Hours: Open 24 hours with the exception of 15 minute breaks at 7:45AM, 7:45PM and 11:45PM.
- Luggage Wrapping – Services are available in Terminal D, 3rd Floor.
- Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the First Aid stations. Locations: 1st floor of Terminal D. Hours: 24 hours.
- Pharmacy – Two locations: Terminal B (1st Floor) and Terminal F (2nd Floor).
- Mobile Charging – A reader (June 2018) reported that a few charging stations are available with both USB and power outlets. Locations are not known.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Terminal D.
- Currency Exchange – Currency Exchange – Currency exchange services are available in Terminal D.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Fast Track Service – As a premium service, customers with Fast Lane security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: Adult – 400 UAH for International Departures and 350 UAH for Domestic Departures. A variety of services are available as packages with Fast Track, for example, luggage wrapping and a beverage coupon for an extra 500 UAH.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free and other shops are available throughout the airport.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Beauty Salon – Nail spa and hair salon are available. Location: Terminal B, 1st Floor.
- Showers – Showers are located in the Airline and Business lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking Rooms – A reader tells us “There is one smoking area near D11 and IQOS Space near D12 (where only IQOSes are allowed). There are 4 designated smoking areas in total. Smoking elsewhere is prohibited and you will pay a fine. ” (May 2019)
The airport is open 24 hours – Terminal F (updated by a site visitor)
Kyiv Boryspil airport is served by the following airlines: Aegean Airlines • Air Arabia • Air Astana • Air Baltic • Air France • Air Malta • Alitalia • Atlas Global • Austrian Airlines • Azerbaijan Airlines • Azur • Belavia • Bravo Airways • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • Bukovyna Airlines • Czech Airlines • Dreamwind • EL AL Israel Airlines • Ellinair • Flydubai • Georgian Airways • Iraqi Airways • Jonika • KLM • Laudamotion • LOT • Lufthansa • Qatar Airways • Ryanair • SkyUp • SWISS • Turkish Airlines • Ukraine International Airlines • Wind Rose • YanAir.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
SkyBus offers a low-cost and efficient way to travel between the airport and central Kiev, with connections to major public transportation hubs. Buses run between Terminals B and D to Pivdenny Railway Station, stopping enroute at Kharkivska Metro Station. Departures are frequent during peak times, with a bus leaving every 15 – 20 minutes.
KBP Airport is served by long-distance buses to/from other Ukrainian towns and cities. Operated by Autolux, Gunsel or Ukrbus, these buses pickup and drop off passengers at the bus terminal outside of Terminal B.
The following car rental agencies operate onsite: Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Passengers staying at the Airport Hotel or Boryspil Hotel will appreciate the free shuttle service offered by the airport. Buses depart every 30 minutes and travel a circuit between Terminal D, Terminal B bus terminal and the airport hotels. Total travel time between the two terminals, with a stop at one airport hotel, is about 5 – 7 minutes.
Licensed, air-conditioned taxis are readily available 24-hours a day in taxi ranks outside of each passenger terminal. All taxis accept cash and major credit cards.
Last updated: 2020-06-17
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.