Kirkenes Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Kirkenes Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The couches are a little short (two seats) but as theres never much people, you can just place two couches beside each other, or if your girlfriend/boyfriend is coming with you can even make a double bed....Jippee! - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Kirkenes Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, single-terminal regional airport with basic facilities.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Kirkenes Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Kirkenes Airport for two hours. Connect to the "Airport" network. After your 2 hours expires simply log back on again. Alternatively you can upgrade to a paid, faster service.
If sleeping in Kirkenes Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport.
- Thon Hotel Kirkenes - (15 min from the airport) The hotel doesn’t have an airport shuttle but is located 5m from the Kirkenes Airport Express Bus stop.
- Scandic Kirkenes- (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Barents Frokosthotell - (15 min from the airport) This hotel does not have an airport shuttle, but is a short walk from the Kirkenes Airport Express Bus stop.
- Kirkenes Snowhotel- (15 min from the airport) A hotel made of snow! Open from December 20th to April 20th. No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Wessel - (15 min from the airport) Also known as Kirkenes Hotel. This hotel does not have an airport shuttle, but the Kirkenes Airport Express Bus stop is 30m away.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kirkenes Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
As of this update we were unable to confirm what services and amenities are available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
The airport is open 5:00AM-12:30AM (Mon - Fri) • 9:00AM – 5:00PM (Sat) • 9:00AM - 12:30AM (Sun). Overnight stays are not possible.
Flybussen Kirkenes offers bus service between the airport and key destinations within Kirkenes city center. For route map, schedule and fare information, visit the Boreal website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.