Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Kirkenes Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
The couches are a little short (two seats) but as theres never much people, you can just place two couches beside each other, or if your girlfriend/boyfriend is coming with you can even make a double bed….Jippee! – a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Kirkenes Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, single-terminal regional airport with basic facilities.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
If sleeping in Kirkenes Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport.
- Thon Hotel Kirkenes – (15 minutes from the airport) The hotel doesn’t have an airport shuttle but is located 5m from the Kirkenes Airport Express Bus stop. » Check Rates
- Scandic Kirkenes – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available. Bus runs according to flight schedule. 90 NOK per person each way. Seats cannot be booked, just be outside when the bus departs. » Check Rates
- Barents Frokosthotell – (15 minutes from the airport) This hotel does not have an airport shuttle, but is a short walk from the Kirkenes Airport Express Bus stop. » Check Rates
- Kirkenes Snowhotel– (15 minutes from the airport) A hotel made of snow! Open from December 20th to April 20th. One way shuttle service to the hotel for 2 is available via a husky dog sled. Fits 2 people (luggage is transferred via mini-van), ride takes 45 minutes and costs 3500 NOK and must be booked 1 week in advance. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kirkenes Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Kirkenes Airport for two hours. Connect to the “Airport” network. After your 2 hours expires simply log back on again. Alternatively you can upgrade to a paid, faster service.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 5:00AM-12:30AM (Mon – Fri) • 9:00AM – 5:00PM (Sat) • 9:00AM – 12:30AM (Sun). Overnight stays are not possible.
As of February 2018, Kirkenes airport is served by the following airlines: SAS • KLM • Norwegian.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Flybussen Kirkenes offers bus service between the airport and key destinations within Kirkenes city center. For route map, schedule and fare information, visit the Snelandia website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. A trip to the city centre is approximately 20 minutes.
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.