Krakow Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Krakow Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
You can sleep on the 1st floor, where the stores are.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Saint John Paul II International Airport Kraków–Balice.
What to Expect
- A modern single-terminal airport with a small variety of shopping and dining options. Some food concessions are open late, but are not 24 hours, so have some food and beverage handy for late-night snacking!
- Free WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific sleeping spot was mentioned, reviewers who have slept at this airport describe their overnight experience as safe and uneventful. There are a few armrest-free seats available, but if you have a sleeping bag or travel mat, you may find the empty floor space near the shops on the 1st floor quieter and more preferable for your overnight stay.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Kraków Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Business Lounge - Location: Airside, accessible to passengers on Schengen and Non-Schengen Area. Showers are available. 4:30AM - 10:00PM (Mon - Fri) • 4:30AM - 9:00PM (Sat) • 4:30AM - 9:30PM (Sun). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (120 PLN)
Free WiFi is available at Krakow Airport for 15 minutes. Connect to the “KRK Free WiFi” network.
If sleeping in Krakow Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hilton Garden Inn Krakow Airport - (5 minute walk from the airport terminal) Located in front of Terminal 1. No airport shuttle.
- Motel Morawica - (3 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. A taxi costs approx. 35-40 pln.
- Burowianka Noclegi - (7 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport transfers are available upon request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Krakow Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are six ATMs in the airport: Four are located landside in the Departures and Arrivals halls, one is located airside in Departures, and another is located in the Baggage Claim area.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Locations: Terminal 1, Air Tours Poland, Landside • Terminal 1, Level 0, next to Check-in counter 20 (Hours: 24 hours; however, during the hours of 9:00PM - 12:30AM please see the Air Tours Poland office) • Terminal 1, Main Hall (Hours: 1:00AM - 9:00PM) • Terminal 2, Air Tours Poland, Landside • Terminal 2, Landside (Hours: 8:00AM - 1:00AM).
- Duty Free & Shopping - Aelia Duty Free is located airside on the 1st floor, open 2 hours before the first departure until the last departure of the day. A selection of retail and gift shops are located throughout the airport, and operate on varying schedules.
- Family Services - Baby care facilities are located in al disabled washrooms throughout the airport. Family rooms can be found airside opposite washrooms.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
- Information Desk - There is an information desk at the check-in hall (Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM) and a visitor centre, in the arrivals hall, that can also provide assistance.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Terminal 1, Level 0, opposite the international terminal.
- Mobile Charging - Yes, sockets are located in the departure hall (by the seats) and in the common area by the special stations with chairs.
- Post Office - Location: near Check-In, Level 0. Hours: 9:00AM - 3:00PM (Mon-Thurs) • 2:00PM - 8:00PM (Fri) • Closed Saturday and Sunday.
- Prayer Area - A chapel and multifaith prayer rooms are located on the Mezzanine level. Mass is held every Sunday and on Christian holidays.
- Showers - Showers can be found in the Business Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
Kraków Airport is served by city bus routes 208, 292 and night route 902. A single ride ticket is PLN 4.00 per person. Multiple trip tickets are also available. Tickets are sold at ticket vending machines located in the Arrivals Hall (Level 0), bus stop (cash or credit) and on 292 line buses (coins only), and also from the bus driver (exact change only). For route maps, schedules and fare information, visit the MPK Kraków website.
Several private companies also offer bus or minibus service between the airport and destinations in Kraków, Wrocław, Katowice, Rzeszów and other cities throughout the region. For routes, schedules and fares, contact one of the following service providers: Neobus, Albatros Bus, Tiger Express and ČD Bus.
Car rental services are handled in the multi-storey car park. The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis, Budget, Dollar, Europcar, Express Rent A Car, Hertz, Enterprise, Panek and Sixt.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport on a 24-hour basis. All taxis charge according to zone, time of day and day of the week. Reservations are not required. At the time of this update, the fares for Zones 1 - 6 are from PLN 29.00 - PLN 129. Fares for trips of over 29.9km must be negotiated with the driver before starting your journey.
Koleje Małopolskie trains offer a fast and economical way to travel between the airport and city center. Kraków Airport train station is located behind the airport’s multi-storey car park, and trains travel daily between the airport station and Kraków main train station, reaching the city center in just 17 minutes. One-way fare is PLN 8.00, or you can also travel between the airport and Wieliczka salt mine for PLN 11.00. For route maps, schedules and fare information, visit the Koleje Małopolskie website.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.