Las Palmas Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Las Palmas Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The worst thing, I wasn't prepered for the low temperature due to de air-conditioning, so I get a cold some days later. - lili_heins
photo credit: Bgabel / Wikimedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Gran Canaria Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern single-terminal airport with clean facilities and an interesting variety of shops and restaurants, including 24 hour options!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- There are plenty of power outlets for mobile charging!
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific sleeping spot was mentioned, reviewers describe a safe and pleasant overnight experience. There are plenty of padded, armrest-free seating, and the airport staff is very accommodating. Lights are dimmed and overhead announcements lowered at night. Have a travel blanket handy, as the terminal can get chilly inside!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Las Palmas / Gran Canaria Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Las Palmas airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Sala Galdos VIP Lounge - Location: Departures Terminal, Airside, Zone A, 2nd Level. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€16.94+VAT) • Book Online (£25.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Las Palmas Airport. Connect to the "kubiwireless" network. (SSID: Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA).
Additionally, there are internet terminals with paid access.
If sleeping in Gran Canaria Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Elba Vecindario Aeropuerto Business & Convention Hotel - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Avenida de Canarias - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Gran Canaria Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Banca March, Banco Popular, Caixa Bank, and Euronet ATMs are available in the airport. Look for them in the following locations: Floor 0 (Arrivals Hall) • Floor 1 (Departures Hall, landside) (near Gates A7-A9 and A19-A21, airside) (Gates B5-B6, airside).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - A non-denominal Christian chapel is available airside in the Departures area on Floor 2.
- Children's Play Area - Two locations: Floor 1, airside, in the “A” gates boarding area • Floor 1, airside, in the “C” gates boarding area.
- Currency Exchange - Exact Change currency exchange kiosks are located on Floor 0 (Arrivals Hall) and Floor 1 (Boarding Area, airside). Hours: 8:00AM - 10:30PM (Arrivals Hall location) • 5:30AM - 8:00PM (Boarding Area location).
- Duty Free & Shopping - Canariensis offers duty-free shopping to both departing and arriving passengers, with two airside locations on Floor 1 (Departures) and one airside location on Floor 0 (Arrivals). In addition, a variety of retail and gift shops can be found throughout the airport.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: Caffé Ritazza (Departures, landside, Floor 1).
- Grocery Store - Spar offers a wide variety of hot and cold sandwiches, take-away meals and general groceries in a location accessible to both transit passengers and arriving passengers. Location: Arrivals Hall, airside, Floor 0. Hours: 8:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Information Desk - Yes, Floor 1 in Departures Hall.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available
- Luggage Wrapping - Luggage wrapping machines are available in the Check-in area on Floor 1. Fee: unknown.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available 24 hours a day at the First Aid station, located on Floor 0 in the Departures Hall.
- Pharmacy - Location: Floor 1, Landside. Hours: 8:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Post Office - Location: Departures Hall, Floor 0. Hours: 8:30AM - 2:30PM (Mon-Fri).
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
The airport is served by eight different intercity bus routes: Route 1: San Telmo bus terminal (Las Palmas) - airport - Puerto de Mogán (€2.30 - €6.80, departures every 20 min); Route 5: San Telmo - Bahía Feliz/Morro Besudo- airport - Faro de Maspalomas (€2.30 - €4.05, limited hourly departures); Route 11: San Telmo - airport - Agüimes (€1.40 - €2.30); Route 36: Faro de Maspalomas - Carrizal - airport - Telde (€1.40 - €4.05; hourly departures); Route 60: San Telmo or Santa Catalina bus stations - airport (€2.30 - €2.95; 45 - 60 min departures); Route 66: Faro de Maspalomas - Playa del Inglés - Bahía Feliz/Morro Besudo - airport (€2.75 - €4.05; hourly departures); Route 90: Faro de Maspalomas - Telde - Arguineguín - Playa del Inglés - Bahía Feliz/Morro Besudo - airport (€1.45 - €4.05; hourly departures); Route 91: San Telmo - Arguineguín - Patalavaca - Puerto Rico - airport (€2.30 - €5.45; hourly departures).
The following rental agencies are located in the Arrivals Hall of the passenger terminal: Avis, Cicar, Europcar, Goldcar, Hertz and Top Car.
Taxi ranks are located outside of the Arrivals Hall exits. For safety and reliability, refuse offers of a ride from taxis that are not waiting in the airport’s taxi ranks. At the time of this update, taxi flag drop rates are €3.15 with €0.55 per kilometer (6:00AM - 10:00PM), or €3.15 with €0.63 per kilometer (late night/weekends/holidays). An additional surcharge of €1.70 applies to trips going to or from the airport.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.