Liverpool Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Liverpool Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The real jewel was the meditation-prayer room /never seen anything like that ...thanks to John Lennon? -a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern and busy single-terminal international airport with a wide variety of shops, restaurants and services, including 24-hour options!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- A popular place for overnight sleepers is the snack bar, where you will find a few comfortable couches.
- Be sure to wake up before 5:00AM, when the snack bar opens!
- If you have a sleeping bag or travel mat and blanket, you can sleep comfortably on the marble ledge of one of the airport’s huge windows.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Liverpool Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Liverpool airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Aspire Lounge - Location: Airside, Lower Level. Hours: 4:30AM - 8:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£20.99 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Liverpool Airport for 30 minutes. For additional time, you can pay. The rates range from £3 (1 hour) - £130 (12 months). Additionally, there are a number of pay-as-you-go Internet kiosks can be found throughout the terminal.
If sleeping in Liverpool Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/ John Lennon Airport - (2 min walk from the airport) Located opposite the John Lennon Terminal. Two minute walk from baggage claim to the hotel.
- Premier Inn Liverpool Airport - (2 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Holiday Inn Express Liverpool - John Lennon Airport - (2 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers available for a fee
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Liverpool Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Tours - available for groups from 5 people and up. Duration: approx. 2 hours
- Art in the Airport - There are a number of John Lennon, Beatles and non-Beatles related collections throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - In addition to standard ATMs located throughout the terminal (landside & airside), Travelex has 7 machines that dispense Euros and Sterling.
- Baby Care - Boots Drugstore is located Airside and offers pre-order service for baby milk, simply place your order 2 days before your travel and pick up post security, freeing up space in your hand luggage for other essentials.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - As of Jan 2011, the Chapel was closed due to terminal development.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has 3 currency exchange counters: Landside, Ground Floor, Check-in Counters (Hours: 4:00AM - 7:00PM) • Airside, Upper & Lower Level, Departure Lounge (Hours: 4:00AM - 7:00PM) • Landside, Ground Floor, Arrivals Hall (9:00AM - 12:00AM).
- Duty Free & Shopping - The airport offers 2 Duty Free shops as well as a small selection of stores (WH Smith, souvenir shops, etc.).
- Fast Track Service - As a premium service, customers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: 3.50 BP book online.
- Food & Drinks - The Spar Market which sells prepared sandwiches, snacks and drinks is open 24 hours a day. Location: Landside.
- Games Room - There are 3 JLA Sports & Games locations. Location: 2 locations are Airside, Lower Level and 1 location is Airside, Upper Level.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - The left luggage office is located on the ground floor. Hours: 8:30AM - 5:00PM. Rates: from £3.00 per item (up to 6 hours)
- Mobile Charging - There are two charging pods in the airport. Locations: Landside, Information Desk and Airside, Departure Lounge.
- Prayer Room - Location: Airside, Upper Level.
- Rainbow Garden
- Showers - Not available
- Smoking - There is an outdoor designated smoking area located Landside which accessed from the lower level, past the Kissing Gate Bar & Restaurant.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Popular bus routes with service to the airport include the following: Arriva 500 (Airport Express), Arriva 86/86A/86D, Arriva 80A, Arriva 81A, Arriva 82A/82B, Arriva 89/89A and Merseytravel 883. Use a contactless Walrus card for a convenient way to pay for travel.
The following car rental agencies are available in the Car Rental Centre, located on the ground floor of the multi-storey car park: Avis/Budget, Enterprise/National/Alamo, Europcar and Hertz
Hackney cabs are readily available at the taxi rank outside of the airport terminal entrance, and carry a maximum of 5 passengers each. Cabs that accept credit and debit cards will have ‘Chip, Pin, Go’ signs displayed on the sides of the vehicle.
Last Updated: 26 April 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.