Liverpool Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Liverpool Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The real jewel was the meditation-prayer room /never seen anything like that ...thanks to John Lennon? -a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern and busy single-terminal international airport with a wide variety of shops, restaurants and services, including 24-hour options!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- A popular place for overnight sleepers is the snack bar, where you will find a few comfortable couches.
- Be sure to wake up before 5:00AM, when the snack bar opens!
- If you have a sleeping bag or travel mat and blanket, you can sleep comfortably on the marble ledge of one of the airport’s huge windows.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Liverpool Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Liverpool airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Aspire Lounge - Location: Airside, Lower Level. Hours: 4:30AM - 8:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£20.99)
Free WiFi is available at Liverpool Airport for 30 minutes. For additional time, you can pay. The rates range from £3 (1 hour) - £130 (12 months). Additionally, there are a number of pay-as-you-go Internet kiosks can be found throughout the terminal.
If sleeping in Liverpool Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/ John Lennon Airport - (2 minute walk from the airport) Located opposite the John Lennon Terminal. Two minute walk from baggage claim to the hotel.
- Premier Inn Liverpool Airport - (2 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Holiday Inn Express Liverpool - John Lennon Airport - (2 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. A taxi costs approx. £4.
- Crowne Plaza Liverpool - John Lennon Airport - (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available for a fee
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Liverpool Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Airport Tours - available for groups from 5 people and up. Duration: approx. 2 hours
- Art in the Airport - There are a number of John Lennon, Beatles and non-Beatles related collections throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Seven Travelex ATMs are located throughout the landside and airside areas of the airport. Machines dispense both Euro and Sterling.
- Baby Care Facilities - Located airside on both the Upper and Lower Retail levels, Boots drugstore offers pre-order service for baby food and formula. Simply place your order 2 days before your travel and pick up at the designated Boots location, freeing up space in your hand luggage for other essentials.
Diaper-changing facilities are available airside on the Lower Retail level.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has three currency exchange counters: Check-in, landside, Ground Floor. (Hours: 4:00AM - 7:00PM) • Departures, airside, Upper and Lower Retail levels. (Hours: 4:00AM - 7:00PM or 8:00PM) • Arrivals Hall, landside, Ground Floor (after Baggage Reclaim). (Hours: 9:00AM - 12:00AM).
- Duty Free & Shopping - World Duty Free has two shops in the Departures area of the airport; one on the Upper Retail Level and the other on the Lower Retail Level. In addition, you’ll find a WHSmith, a WHSmith “sound” store, a Boots drugstore, and shops selling gifts, souvenirs, sports gear and beauty products. Most shops are open at 4:00AM but close at various times.
- Fast Track Service - As a premium service, customers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: 3.50 BP book online.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with most open at 4:00AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options, but there is a 24-hour Spar market on the premises.
- Grocery Store - If you need to pick up groceries on your way home to your destination in Liverpool, stop at Spar. A wide variety of hot and cold sandwiches, take-away meals and general groceries are available. Location: Arrivals, landside, Ground Floor. Hours: Open from first flight departure of the day to the last.
- Mobile Charging - There are two charging pods in the airport. Locations: Landside, Information Desk and Airside, Departure Lounge.
- Prayer Room - Location: Upper level, airside.
- Rainbow Garden
- Showers - Not available
- Smoking - There is an outdoor designated smoking area located Landside which accessed from the lower level, past the Kissing Gate Bar & Restaurant.
- Spa & Salon Services - Express manicures, beauty treatments and massage are available at AeroSpa.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Popular bus routes with service to the airport include the following: Arriva 500 (Airport Express), Arriva 86/86A/86D, Arriva 80A, Arriva 81A, Arriva 82A/82B, Arriva 89/89A and Merseytravel 883. Use a contactless Walrus card for a convenient way to pay for travel.
The following car rental agencies are available in the Car Rental Centre, located on the ground floor of the multi-storey car park: Avis/Budget, Enterprise/National/Alamo, Europcar and Hertz
Hackney cabs are readily available at the taxi rank outside of the airport terminal entrance, and carry a maximum of 5 passengers each. Cabs that accept credit and debit cards will have ‘Chip, Pin, Go’ signs displayed on the sides of the vehicle.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.