Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Liverpool Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
The real jewel was the meditation-prayer room /never seen anything like that …thanks to John Lennon? -a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Liverpool Airport.
What to Expect
Liverpool Airport has a modern terminal that handles domestic and international routes. Amenities include a variety of eateries and shops. A landside grocery store is open 24 hours for late-night snacks. For added comfort while you wait, economy class passengers can pay to enter an airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for location and access information.
Where to Sleep
Overnight travellers seem to have no problem spending the night here, but you will have to stay landside until the early morning. Try the comfortable couches in and near the cafes that close for the night, but they will start to get busy by 5:00AM. If you prefer spreading out, a sleeping bag or blanket provide added comfort to sleep on the marble window sills or floor. For uninterrupted sleep, hotels are nearby, including one directly across from the terminal. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Liverpool Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
At Airport Hampton by Hilton Liverpool/ John Lennon Airport – (2 minute walk from the airport) Located opposite the John Lennon Terminal. Two minute walk from baggage claim to the hotel.
» Check Rates
Near Airport Premier Inn Liverpool Airport – (2 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
» Check Rates
Near Airport Holiday Inn Express Liverpool – John Lennon Airport – (2 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. A taxi costs approx. £4.
» Check Rates
Near Airport Crowne Plaza Liverpool – John Lennon Airport – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available. for a fee.
» Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Liverpool Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
As of February 2019, we were unable to confirm the availability of WiFi at Liverpool Airport. In the past, free WiFi was available for 30 minutes and beyond that time you were able to pay. If you are able to confirm the current WiFi information, click here to update this airport guide.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Pre-Ordered Baby Food – Located airside on both the Upper and Lower Retail levels, Boots drugstore offers pre-order service for baby food and formula. Simply place your order 2-7 days before your travel and pick up at the designated Boots location, freeing up space in your hand luggage for other essentials.
- Family Rooms – A family room is available Landside (by Starbucks) and by the upper retail level toilets.
- Nursing Room – While breastfeeding is permitted throughout the airport, there is a dedicated, private room if you prefer. Location: by the upper retail level toilets.
- FastTrack/Park Option – Pre-book a Family package which offers you a wider parking space (just a one minute walk to the terminal) and includes for 4 free Fast Track tickets (2 adult + 2 children) for quicker security processing.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions, both Landside and Airside, operate on varying schedules, with most open at 4:00AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options, but there is a 24-hour Spar market available Landside.
- Grocery Store – If you need to pick up groceries on your way home to your destination in Liverpool, stop at Spar. A wide variety of hot and cold sandwiches, take-away meals and general groceries are available. Location: Arrivals, landside, Ground Floor. Hours: 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
- Mobile Charging – There are two charging pods in the airport. Locations: Landside, Information Desk and Airside, Departure Lounge.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs, operated by Travelex, are available. Machines dispense both Euro and Sterling. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Airside and Landside.
- Currency Exchange – Travelex has three currency exchange counters: Check-in, landside, Ground Floor. (Hours: 4:30AM – 7:00PM) • Departures, airside, Upper and Lower Retail levels. (Hours: 4:30AM – 7:00PM).
- Prayer Room – Location: Upper level, airside.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – Not available.
- Fast Track Service – As a premium service, customers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: £4.00 pre-booked online or £5.00 in person.
- Duty Free & Shopping – World Duty Free has two shops in the Departures area of the airport; one on the Upper Retail Level and the other on the Lower Retail Level. In addition, you’ll find a WHSmith, a WHSmith “sound” store, a Boots drugstore, and shops selling gifts, souvenirs, sports gear and beauty products. Most shops are open at 4:00AM but close at various times.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Not available.
- Smoking – There is an outdoor designated smoking area located Landside which accessed from the lower level, past the Kissing Gate Bar & Restaurant.
Things to do & see
- Airport Tours – Find out what happens at the airport during a behind-the-scenes airport tour. Available for groups from 5 people and up. Duration: approx. 2 hours
- Art in the Airport – There are a number of John Lennon, Beatles and non-Beatles related collections throughout the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of May 2019, Liverpool airport is served by the following airlines: Blue Air • Blue Islands • easyJet • Flybe • Luanda Air • Ryanair • TUIFly • Wizz Air • Widerøe.
Popular bus routes with service to the airport include the following: Arriva 500 (Airport Express), Arriva 86A, Arriva 80A, Arriva 81A/81, Arriva 82A/82B, Arriva 89 and Merseytravel 3A/3B. Use a contactless Walrus card for a convenient way to pay for travel. For schedules, routes and fares, visit the Liverpool Airport website.
The following car rental agencies are available in the Car Rental Centre, located on the ground floor of the multi-storey car park: Avis/Budget • Enterprise/National/Alamo • Europcar • Hertz.
Shared Ride Services
ArrivaClick is available at Liverpool Airport. This offers travellers “on-demand” minibus service, using ride-sharing technology (via an App), enabling multiple passengers travelling in the same direction, to share their ride. To learn more about the service, visit the Liverpool Airport website.
Hackney cabs are readily available at the taxi rank outside of the airport terminal entrance, and carry a maximum of 5 passengers each. Cabs that accept credit and debit cards will have ‘Chip, Pin, Go’ signs displayed on the sides of the vehicle.
Last updated: 2019-05-09
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.