About This Airport:
- > Airport Guide
- > Airport Hotels
- > Airport Hours
- > Airport Lounges
- > Airport WiFi
- > Services, Facilities & Things to Do At The Airport
- > Read all Reviews
- > Vote in the 2014
Best & Worst Airports Survey
London Gatwick Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our London Gatwick Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The police were lovely they even bought me a coffee.
South Terminal, Zone K, Source: Dbx54 / Wikipedia
[ submit a photo ]
Based on reviews on this side we decided to stay at gatwick before out 7:30am flight rather than fight London traffic. Reviews are totally true, would have been a great place to sleep as there were no hassles from security, shops open 24 hours and comfy couches. However, they are currently doing construction (and will be for another year or so) so the noise and dust were a major problem. On the plus side, the constructin guys were really friendly and advised us where the quietest place would be but there were jackhammers and lights all night and not a lot of space in the quieter places. Also, no announcements so once the constuction is finished it would be fairly quiet. In saying that, we managed about 4 hours sleep so it wasn't too terrible. Just thought these reviews needed an update!
The last review for this airport was in 2012. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- No.1 Lounge Gatwick - Location: South Terminal, Airside, Mezzanine Level. Hours: 4am - 10pm. Lounge Access: £22.50 per person for 3 hours (book online).
- Servisair Ashdown Airport Lounge - Location: South Terminal, Airside, Upper Level. Hours: 4am - 10pm. Lounge Access: £17.49 per person for 3 hours (book online).
- No. 1 Lounge Gatwick - Location: North Terminal, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: 4am - 10pm. Lounge Access: £22.50 per person for 3 hours (book online).
- Aspire Lounge by Servisair - Location: North Terminal, Airside, Level 1. Hours: 4am - 10pm. Lounge Access: £17.49 per person for 3 hours (book online).
- WiFi is available at the London Gatwick Airport for a fee. Connect to the Boingo Network.
- McDonald's offers free WiFi (South Terminal, Airside).
- Internet kiosks are also available throughout the terminals.
If sleeping in the London Gatwick Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels in and near the airport....
- Hilton - connected to the South Terminal by a covered walkway. Day rooms are available 9am-6pm.
- Yotel - located in the airport in the South Terminal. Day rooms / hourly rates (from 4 to 24 hours) are offered.
- Sofitel - connected to the North Terminal by a covered walkway. Day rooms are available 9am-6pm.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Gatwick Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Cash machines are available in both terminals, airside and landside.
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Dollar • Enterprise • Europcar • Hertz • National • Thrifty. Location: Car Rental Facility across from the North Terminal.
- Chapel - Locations: South Terminal, Landside, near Caffè Nero and North Terminal, Landside, beside International Arrivals.
- Currency Exchange
- Food / Dining - There are several 24 hour food and beverage concessions available:
»North Terminal - Landside: Caffe Nero • Costa Coffee
»North Terminal - Airside: Armadillo Cafe and Grill • Costa Coffee
»South Terminal - Landside: Caffe Nero • Costa Coffee
»South Terminal - Airside: Bridge Bar and Eating House • Costa Coffee • McDonald’s • Pret A Manger
- Games Rooms - GameGrid provides arcade entertainment including air hockey, table football and computer games. Locations: Airside and Landside
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Location: Arrivals Level in North and South Terminals. Rates: £8.00 per item per day. Hours: open 24 hours
- Mobile Charging - If you don't have your mobile charger, you can charge your phone at Chargebox. Locations: North and South Terminal departure lounges. Rate: £1.50 for 30 minutes
- Showers - Showers are available in the Gatwick Family Lounge. Location: Airside, South Terminal
- Take a Walk - If you want to get out and enjoy the fresh air, there is a national bicycle path that leads to the airport. According to a site visitor "the path led quickly off the site and wound through a pretty wooded suburban area".
open 24 hours
There is a 24 hour terminal shuttle that runs every few minutes.
London Travel Resources
- London Hotels - search for deals, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 09 April 2012 | Sources: London Gatwick Airport
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.