Malatya Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Malatya Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Queuing for check-in, it seems, is not something that proud Malatyans lower themselves to doing - it being far more manly to push your way to the front of one of the two wooden counters in one enormous scrum. -RJ
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Malatya Erhaç Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal regional airport with a heavy military/armed security presence and a limited variety of shopping and dining options. There’s not much to do at this airport, so bring a book or a few magazines to stay entertained!
- Chaotic check-in procedures and double security checkpoints. Be prepared to push your way through to the check-in desks!
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Malatya Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information not available
If sleeping in Malatya Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back towards the city center, as there are no hotels near the airport. Here are some hotel suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Malatya - (30 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Malatya Palace Hotel - (30 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Ramada Plaza Malatya Altin Kayisi - (30 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Malatya Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Medical Services - Yes available at the clinic within the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Meydan Rent A Car and Grand Rent A Car offer car rental services onsite.
Havaş shuttles link the airport to Malatya city center, with multiple drop off points, including stops at Havaş city office (Sivas Street), Ring Road and MAŞTİ bus terminal.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.