Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Malatya Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Queuing for check-in, it seems, is not something that proud Malatyans lower themselves to doing – it being far more manly to push your way to the front of one of the two wooden counters in one enormous scrum. -RJ
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Malatya Erhaç Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal regional airport with a heavy military/armed security presence and a limited variety of shopping and dining options. There’s not much to do at this airport, so bring a book or a few magazines to stay entertained!
- Chaotic check-in procedures and double security checkpoints. Be prepared to push your way through to the check-in desks!
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If sleeping in Malatya Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back towards the city center, as there are no hotels near the airport. Here are some hotel suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Malatya – (30 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Malatya Palace Hotel – (30 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Ramada Plaza Malatya Altin Kayisi – (30 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Malatya Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Information not available
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Medical Services – Yes available at the clinic within the airport.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2018, Malatya airport is served by the following airlines: Turkish Airlines • Pegasus Airlines • Qatar Airways.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Meydan Rent A Car and Grand Rent A Car offer car rental services onsite.
Havaş shuttles link the airport to Malatya city center, with multiple drop off points, including stops at Havaş city office (Sivas Street), Ring Road and MAŞTİ bus terminal.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected]