Milan Linate Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Milan Linate Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Chairs are with armrest made me very hard to fall asleep, it is impossible to lie down.
To help you plan your layover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Milan Linate Airport.
What to Expect
- This is Milan’s secondary airport, located close to the city center and primarily serving European destinations.
- Airport staff and security are generally tolerant of overnight travellers.
- Many travellers report feeling safe with security milling about at all hours.
- Some travellers experienced poor customer service.
- This is an old, simple airport with a single terminal; don’t expect too many amenities.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As an old airport, there are few seating areas and most benches are metal with armrests.
- An April 2017 review indicates that security will send overnight sleepers to the check-in area. You are better off going there first to get a decent spot instead of attempting another area of the airport and facing their wrath.
- For uninterrupted sleep, a few hotels are located very close to the airport; ask about airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass and relax in three airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Milan Linate Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Milan Linate airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- CLUB SEA VIP Piranesi Lounge - Location: Landside, Departure Area AB (Alitalia Check-in). Hours: 6:00AM - 9:30PM (Mon - Fri) • 6:00AM - 9:00PM (Sat - Sun & Public Holidays). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€73.00)
- CLUB SEA VIP Leonardo Lounge - Location: Airside, Schengen and Extra Schengen. Hours: 6:00AM - 9:30PM (Mon - Fri) • 6:00AM - 9:00PM (Sat - Sun & Public Holidays). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€35.00)
- CLUB SEA VIP Bramante Lounge - Location: Arrivals
Unlimited free WiFi is available at Milan Linate Airport. Standard WiFi speed is 512 KBps. If you have a need for speed, you can upgrade to WiFi Plus Free (2 Mbps) by registering for the ViaMilano Program. Members of a roaming WiFi provider, such as Boingo, can also access their service from the airport.
If sleeping in Milan Linate Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Air Hotel Milano Linate - (8 minute walk or 3 min ride from the airport) Located just 700m from the airport terminal. Free airport shuttle is available 24 hours. After collecting your luggage, call the hotel at 02.94436500/22 to request a transfer. Pick-up location: First floor (departures), outside at gate #4. The drive is approx. 3 minutes.
- Espressohotel - (8 minute walk or 3 min ride from the airport) Located just 600m from the airport terminal. 24-hr airport shuttle available for 3 Euros per person.
- Holiday Inn Milan Linate Airport - (9 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle runs from 6:30AM - 11:30PM. Airport pick-up location: Departure Gate, First Floor, exit 4. Call the hotel at 39-02-553601 for for pick-up.
- Country Hotel Borromeo - (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle runs 7:00AM to 11:30PM, upon request.
- Novotel Milano Linate Aeroporto - (7 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available 6:00AM - 11:00PM, upon request. Once you pick-up your luggage, call the hotel at 003902507261 for pick-up.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Milan Linate Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available in Arrivals (Ground Floor), Check-In (1st floor), Departures (1st floor), and Departures non-Schengen (Ground Floor).
- Baby Care Facilities - Table with changing top, privacy screen and an ergonomic breastfeeding chair are available in the Baby Pit Stop feeding room. Look for the distinctive logo which marks the Baby Pit Stop, located at the Sala Amica.
- Banking - Banca Popolare di Milano. Location: Arrivals, Ground Floor. Hours: 8:25AM - 1:35PM (Mon-Fri) 8:25AM - 12:35PM (Sat).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - Location: Check-In (Groups Area), landside, 1st Floor.
- Children’s Play Area - Interactive Geronimo Stilton-themed games and toys are available at the children’s play area. Location: airside, Gate A17.
- Currency Exchange - Forexchange. Locations: Arrivals, Ground Floor (Hours: 7:45AM - 10:15PM) • Check-In, 1st Floor (Hours: 5:45AM - 7:45PM) • Departures, 1st Floor (Hours: 5:45AM - 8:45PM)
- Duty Free & Shopping - Dufry duty-free shop is open daily from 6:00AM until 30 minutes before last flight departure, around 8:30PM - 9:00PM. A wide variety of retail shops are available, most open from 6:00AM until 30 minutes before last flight departure.
- Fast Track Service - As a premium service, customers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: €9.00 book online
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with some open as early as 5:00AM and closed as late as 9:30PM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Some of the options include: Aroma Cafe • Asia • Bagel Factory • Gran Caffe • illy Cafe • McDonald’s • Michelangelo Restaurant • Pizza Chef
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - At the time of this update, we were unable to confirm current rates. Location: Arrivals, Ground Floor. Hours: 6:00AM - 9:30PM.
- Luggage Wrapping - SecureBag has five luggage wrapping stations. Location: Check-In, landside, 1st Floor. Hours: 4:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Pharmacy - Location: Arrivals, landside, Ground Floor. Hours: 8:00AM - 8:30PM.
- Post Office - Poste Italiane. Location: Arrivals, landside, Ground Floor. Hours: 8:25AM - 1:35PM (Mon-Fri) 8:25AM - 12:35PM (Sat).
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Bus and Coach
City bus lines:
- Urban Line 73 (Linate - Milan Piazza San Babila M1) Departures every 10 min. from 5:35AM - 12:35AM. Fare is € 1.50
- Urban Line X73 (Linate - Milan Porta Vittoria FS) Departures every 20 min. from 7:00AM - 8:00PM (Mon - Fri only). Fare is € 1.50
The following coach services access the airport:
Airport - Milan Lambrate Station - Central Station: Daily departures every 30 min. (contact Starfly)
Airport - Piazzale Dateo - Central Station: Departures every 30 min. Mon - Fri (contact ATM)
Airport - Fiera Milano City/Rho Pero: contact Air Pullman or Starfly
Airport (Linate) - Malpensa Airport T1 and T2: Five daily departures in both directions (contact Air Pullman)
Airport - Pavia: contact Autoservizi Migliavacca
Airport - Brescia: Mon - Sat
Airport - Monza (via Borsellino e Falcone): Six daily departures from Monza and seven daily departures from Linate (contact Air Pullman)
The following car rental agencies operate onsite in the Arrivals Hall: Avis, Budget, Dollar, Europcar, Hertz, Locauto, Maggiore, Sicily by Car/AutoEuropa, Sixt and Thrifty.
Linate also participates in the following car sharing programs: Car2Go, e-Vai, Twist and Enjoy.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Holiday Inn Milan Linate • Novotel Milano Linate Airport • Air Hotel Linate • Montini Hotel • Crowne Plaza Milan Linate.
Taxis are readily available in the taxi docks at Arrivals, Ground Floor (Exit Gate 5). The following fares were current at the time of this update: Airport - Fiera € 40; Linate - Malpensa Airports € 85
Last Updated: 24 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.