Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Milan Linate Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Chairs are with armrest made me very hard to fall asleep, it is impossible to lie down. – apocru
LIN Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Milan Linate Airport (code: LIN).
What to Expect
Milan Linate Airport consists of an old, mid-size terminal with only a few dining and shopping options. WiFi is available to help pass the time. And, if you’re willing to pay, comfort can be found through fee-based access to one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
Airport staff and security are generally tolerant of overnight sleepers in the check-in area, and travellers feel safe while in the airport overnight. Some travellers who were found sleeping in other sections of the airport reported that they were asked to go to the check-in area. The outdated airport comes with outdated seating that consists of bolt-upright metal-framed benches with armrests. Most overnight sleepers resort to the floor, so consider bringing a travel mat and travel blanket for additional comfort. Explore our guide to sleeping in Milan Linate Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips. For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, all services and times listed below are subject to change. In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Casa Alitalia Lounge – Locations: Main Terminal, Airside, Boarding Area, Level 0 and Main Terminal, Airside, Boarding Area, Level 1. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door with proof of Alitalia ticket.
- Club S.E.A. – Sala Leonardo – Location: Airside, Schengen and Extra Schengen. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs.
- Club S.E.A. – Sala Piranesi – Location: Landside, Departure Area AB (Alitalia Check-in). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs.
- CLUB SEA VIP Bramante Lounge – Location: Arrivals
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s website.
- British Airways Galleries Lounge – Location: Main Terminal, Airside.
If sleeping in Milan Linate Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Air Hotel Milano Linate – (8 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the airport) Located just 700m from the airport terminal. Free airport shuttle is available 24 hours. After collecting your luggage, call the hotel at 02.94436500/22 to request a transfer. Pick-up location: First floor (departures), outside at gate #4. The drive is approx. 3 minutes.
- Allegroitalia Espresso Linate – (8 minute walk or 3 minute drive from the airport) Located just 600m from the airport terminal. Day rooms are available for 2 hours or more. An airport shuttle is available, but we do not have details about whether this is a free or paid service.
- Holiday Inn Milan Linate Airport – (9 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle runs from 6:00AM – 11:30PM (no service between 2:00PM and 3:30PM). Airport pick-up location: Departure Gate, First Floor, exit 4.
- Country Hotel Borromeo – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle runs 7:00AM to 11:00PM, upon request.
- Novotel Milano Linate Aeroporto – (7 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available every 30 minutes from 5:30AM – 11:15PM (Mon – Fri) and 6:00AM – 11:30PM (weekends), upon request. Once you pick-up your luggage, call the hotel at 003902507261 for pick-up and head to Exit No.4. Outside of these hours, the shuttle is available is upon request only.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Milan Linate Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Unlimited free WiFi is available at Milan Linate Airport. Standard service is available with WiFi ViaMilano at a speed of 2 Mbps, registration is required. WiFi Roaming is accessible to members of a roaming WiFi provider, such as Boingo, B-Tel and I Pass. Choose the appropriate provider, login with your credentials and start surfing.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Post Office – Poste Italiane. Location: Arrivals, landside, Ground Floor. Hours: 8:25AM – 1:35PM (Mon-Fri) 8:25AM – 12:35PM (Sat).
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Table with changing top, privacy screen and an ergonomic breastfeeding chair are available in the Baby Pit Stop feeding room. Look for the distinctive logo which marks the Baby Pit Stop, located at the Sala Amica. Baby change facilities are available in the washrooms throughout the airport.
- Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to the children’s play area where you will find Interactive Geronimo Stilton-themed games and toys. Location: airside, Gate A17.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with some open as early as 5:00AM and closed as late as 11:30PM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Some of the options include: Aroma Cafe • Asia • Bagel Factory • Gran Caffe • illy Cafe • McDonald’s • Michelangelo Restaurant • Pizza Chef.
- Grocery Store – If you need to pick up groceries on your way stop at the Carrefour Market. The market offers the convenience and assortment of the perfect city supermarket inside the airport. Location: landside. Hours: 6:00AM – 9:00PM.
- Information Desk – Available in the central area on the Ground Floor and the 1st Floor. Hours: unknown.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – At the time of this update, we were unable to confirm current rates. Location: Arrivals, Ground Floor. Hours: 6:00AM – 9:30PM.
- Luggage Wrapping – SecureBag has five luggage wrapping stations. Location: Check-In, landside, 1st Floor. Hours: 4:00AM – 9:00PM.
- Medical Services – The National Health Service operates a medical clinic. Location: Ground Floor, Arrivals. Hours: unknown.
- Pharmacy – Location: Arrivals, landside, Ground Floor. Hours: 8:00AM – 8:30PM.
- Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Arrivals (Ground Floor), Check-In (1st floor), Departures (1st floor), and Departures non-Schengen (Ground Floor).
- Banking Services – Banca Popolare di Milano. Location: Arrivals, Ground Floor. Hours: 8:30AM – 1:30PM and 2:45PM – 3:45PM (Mon-Fri).
- Currency Exchange – Forexchange. Locations: Arrivals, Ground Floor • Check-In, 1st Floor • Departures, 1st Floor. Hours for all locations: 8:00AM – 10:00PM.
- Chapel – Location: Check-In (Groups Area), landside, 1st Floor.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Fast Track Service – As a premium service, customers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: €9.00 book online.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Dufry duty-free shop is open daily from 6:00AM until 30 minutes before last flight departure, around 8:30PM – 9:00PM. A wide variety of retail shops are available, most open from 6:00AM until 30 minutes before last flight departure.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Milan Linate airport is served by the following airlines: Aer Lingus • Aeroflot • Air Baltic • Air Canada • Air France • Air Italy • Air Malta • Alitalia • American Airlines • Blue Air • Blue Panorama • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • Bulgaria Air • Delta • easyJet • Etihad Airways • Iberia • KLM • Lufthansa • Luxair • SAS • Silver Air • TAP Portugal • United Airlines • Vueling Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Bus and Coach
City bus lines: Urban Line 73 (Milano Duomo M1 M3/Piazza Diaz – Linate) with departures every 10 minutes from 5:35AM – 12:35AM. At the time of this update, the fare is € 1.50 The following coach services access the airport:
- Milan Central Station
- Expo/Fiera Milan City
- Milan Malpensa Airport T1 and T2
- Monza via Borsellino E Falcone
The following car rental agencies operate onsite in the Arrivals Hall: Avis, Budget, Dollar, Europcar, Hertz, Locauto, Maggiore, Sicily by Car/AutoEuropa, Sixt, Thrifty and more. Linate also participates in the following car sharing programs: Car2Go, e-Vai, Twist and Enjoy.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Holiday Inn Milan Linate • Novotel Milano Linate Airport • Best Western Air Hotel Linate • Montini Hotel • Crowne Plaza Milan Linate. See Airport Hotels above.
Taxis are readily available in the taxi docks at Arrivals, Ground Floor (Exit Gate 5). The following fares were current at the time of this update: Airport – Fiera € 55; Linate – Malpensa Airports € 105.
Last updated: 2020-06-17
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.