Moscow Vnukovo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Moscow Vnukovo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
It was must say nicer than camping out at Domodedovo or for that matter Heathrow.
Terminal A - photo credit: Moscow Vnukovo Airport
To help you plan your layover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Moscow Vnukovo Airport.
What to Expect
- This is the smallest of Moscow’s three main airports, and the third busiest in Russia.
- This medium-sized airport is divided into two terminals. The main terminal - Terminal A - is used for domestic and international flights. Terminal D currently houses arriving flights mostly from North Caucasus.
- All main announcements (delays, boarding, final calls and so on) are made in Russian and English. Like everywhere in Russia only few staff people speaks English. Anticipate language barriers.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- We have very few reviews from travellers who have spent the night here. If you plan to spend the night, please have a backup plan.
- All benches in Terminal A have armrests, so they are not comfortable for sleeping. But some extremely tired and desperate passengers will push two benches together to create a makeshift bed.
- Airport staff are generally tolerant of the sleeping travellers - perhaps until the airport is starts to become crowded.
- Almost all benches at the landside have metal seats, ones at the airside have soft padding.
- Some people rent a film in the cinema to have some rest in the cinema cubicle. See More Services in the airport guide below.
- There are no dedicated sleeping areas at Vnukovo airport, but there is a dark section without windows in the international departures area between gates 28/28A and 29/29A.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are several hotels located near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass and relax in one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Moscow Vnukovo Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Moscow Vnukovo airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- First & Business Class Lounge - Location: Terminal A, Landside, 3rd Floor. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (2400 ₽) • Book Online (£30.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Rakhmaninov Premier Lounge by UTG - Location: Terminal A, Domestic Airside between gates 11/11A and 12/12A. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (3300 ₽).
- Tchaikovskiy Premier Lounge by UTG - Location: Terminal A, International Airside, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (3300 ₽).
- Top Lounge - Location: Terminal A, Airside, 3rd Floor, near Gate 21. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£30.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Moscow Vnukovo Airport in Terminal A. Device authentication is required via SMS which costs around 50 ₽ (depending the operator). Free WiFi is available at the airport lounges. Additionally there is an Internet Cafe located in Terminal A on the 2nd floor on the right.
If sleeping in Moscow Vnukovo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Four Points by Sheraton Moscow Vnukovo Airport - Opening March 1, 2017, this hotel will be within walking distance of the airport terminal.
- Antis House Uninn - (20 min walk or 5 min drive from the airport) Airport shuttle service available to Vnukovo, Domodedovo, and Sheremetyevo Airports (must pre-book).
- Vnuchka Guest House - (20 min walk or 5 min drive from the airport) Airport transfers available.
- Varz-400 - (15 min walk or 5 min drive from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Vnukovo Green Palace Hotel - (7 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service to Vnukovo is 300 ₽ each way for passenger car (up to 3 people) and is available upon request. Hotel can also arrange transfers to Domodedovo and Sheremetyevo Airports.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Vnukovo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Cash machines are located landside in terminal A. There are no ATMs airside.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Europcar • Hertz • Sixt (meet & greet office).
- Family Services
- Children's Playroom - Location: Terminal A, landside, 2nd floor on the left. No fees, no medical certificate is required, flight ticket is required. Only one parent can accompany in the playroom due to limited space inside, but the other can wait in a kind of a lounge just near the room.
- Children's Play Areas - Similar to the playroom, but on a much small scale and a fee is required. Location: Terminal A, airside, domestic and international departures. Rate: 300 ₽ per 30 minutes.
- Parenting Room - The parenting room is equipped with baby cribs, changing tables and play areas. Location: Terminal D. No fees however you must obtain a medical certificate to gain entry – see Health Centre located in Terminal A. Available for children under 7 y.o. but parents with children under 3 have priority.
- Luggage Storage - A luggage storage room is located in Terminal A, underground level.
- Mini-cinema - Some small cubicles with sofas, flat panels and Blue-Ray players. Each one is for 2-3 people. Some passengers uses them for sleeping. Location: Terminal A, landside, 2nd floor on the left.
- Showers - Showers are available inside a few of the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking Rooms - Due to new Russian federal anti-smoke law smoking inside any airport terminals in Russia is completely prohibited, so all smoking rooms are closed now. Smoking is allowed only in the street not closer than 25 meters away from any terminal entrance.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Please note: A majority of public transportation signage and PA announcements are in Russian only. If you are not familiar with the Russian language, you may find it helpful to keep an easily accessible list of your metro, bus, and train stops or routes written in Russian and your native language as a quick reference while navigating your way around.
Mosgortrans (Мосгортранс) city buses provide service from the closest metro stations, southwest (bottom) end the Line 1 (red). It is simpler just to list them: Yugo-Zapadnaya (Ю́го-За́падная) - bus route 611, ticket booth. Troparyovo (Тропарёво), also known as Troparevo - bus route 611. Rumyantsevo (Румянцево) - bus route 611, from the city to the airport only. Salaryevo (Саларьево) - bus route 611K. If you are coming from Vnukovo Airport, you will find the bus stops behind the multilevel car park, about 130m from the airport terminals. The ticket booth is behind Parking 1, Mosgortrans buses to the metro are on the right of Parking 1, and buses to Moscow city center are on the left of Parking 1. To ride a bus, enter at the front and place your ticket in-front of the target of the validator. To exit at an approaching stop, use the buzzer button to alert the driver. For fares and schedules, visit the Mosgortrans website.
The following fares were current at the time of this update:
Tickets purchased at the ticket booth:
50₽ single ride ticket, no transfer (good for use on a city bus, trolley or tram)
60₽ 90-minute ticket (good for unlimited trips on city bus, trolley, and tram and 1 trip on metro. Valid for 90 minutes from validation)
Fare for tickets purchased from bus driver:
50₽ 90-minute ticket (good for unlimited trips on city bus, trolley, and tram and 1 trip on metro. Valid for 90 minutes from validation)
Many local hotels provide airport shuttle service as a courtesy to their guests. Ask your hotel for shuttle service availability and details. The following hotels offer airport shuttle service: Antis House Uninn • Hotel Salut • Imperial Park Hotel & Spa • Vnukovo Green Palace Hotel.
Minibus route 45m operates between Vnukovo Airport and the Yugo-Zapadnaya metro station from 7:00AM - 10:30PM. The comfortable Ford van minibuses depart every 10 minutes, or until the minibus passenger load is at maximum capacity. To access the minibus via metro, take Line 1 (red) to the Yugo-Zapadnaya metro station at the southwest (bottom) end of the line. The minibus stops are located on the curb outside of the Yugo-Zapadnaya metro station and at the forecourt of Vnukovo Airport Terminal A. The fare is 150 ₽ per passenger with a 10 ₽ charge per extra piece of luggage.
Taxis are readily available outside of the first floor at Terminal A.
Vnukovo Airport is connected to central Moscow via the non-stop Aeroexpress. The Aeroexpress originates at Kievskiy railway terminal (metro stop: Kievskaya) and runs to the underground level of Terminal A (total trip time: 35 minutes). Hours of operation are from 6:00AM - 1:34AM. A single trip fare is 470 ₽, roundtrip fare (good for up to 30 days) is 940 ₽, and a Plus Metro fare (Aeroexpress + 1 Metro trip) is 530 ₽. Discounted fares are available on the Aeroexpress website or mobile app.
Last Updated: 17 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.