Nice Cote d'Azur Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Nice Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Didn't see security but then i was sleeping so maybe they saw me, main thing is they left me alone!!! - kiwiboyo
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Nice Côte d'Azur Airport.
What to Expect
- A spacious, clean and modern international airport with two separate terminals for domestic and international flights. Terminal 2 (International) is the larger and newer of the two terminals. A wide variety of shops, restaurants and services are available at this airport.
- Free WiFi is available. See Airport WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Due to recent events, security has been tightened at this airport. Overnight stays are only permitted if you have proof of onward morning flight or just arrived into the airport from another flight.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Nice Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Nice airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Salon Riviera - Location: Terminal 1, airside, International departures, 1st Floor. Hours: vary. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€26) • Book Online (£28.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Salon Azur - Location: Terminal 1, airside, Schengen departures, 2nd Floor. Hours: vary. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€26) • Book Online (£28.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Salon Du Cap D'Antibes - Location: Terminal 2, airside, International/non-Schengen departures, 1st Floor. Hours: vary. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€26) • Book Online (£28.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Salon Du Cap Ferrat - Location: Terminal 2, airside, Schengen departure. Hours: vary. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€26) • Book Online (£28.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
If you decide to pay at the door, lounge vouchers can be purchased directly at the lounge or at the Service Centre.
Unlimited free WiFi is provided by Nice Airport. Connect to the “AirportFreeWifi” network and accept the general terms for access. No registration required! In addition, Atlanteam Internet Spaces are available throughout the airport at the following rates: € 2 for 15 minutes, € 3 for 30 minutes, and € 5 for one hour.
If sleeping in Nice Côte d'Azur Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Campanile Nice Aeroport - (5 min walk from Terminal 1) Free airport shuttle.
- Ibis Budget Nice Aeroport - (7 min walk from Terminal 1) No airport shuttle.
- Novotel Nice Arenas Aeroport - (10 min walk from Terminal 1) Free 24-hr airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Nice Côte d'Azur Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art in the Airport - Rotating exhibits of local French artwork and culture are introduced every few months. Location: Business Centre at Terminal 1. Hours: 8:00AM to 7:00PM (Mon-Fri). Rate: Free.
- ATMs - Banque Populaire Côte d'Azur ATMs are available in these locations:
- Terminal 1: in front of Trib’s Restaurant • Arrivals (Baggage Claim area) • Departures (in front of Relay store).
- Terminal 2: Arrivals (Baggage Claim area) • Arrivals (in front of Welcome Area) • Arrivals (in front of Air France desk) • Departures (between Air Corsica and Air Algérie check-in desks)
- Baby Care Facilities - Alfa pushchair strollers are available for use in the airport, free of charge. Pick one up airside after passing through the family-friendly security points in either terminal. Changing table with disposable diapers and child-sized toilets and washbasins are available in the unisex baby changing rooms, located next to the restrooms in both terminals. Bottle warmers are available in some baby changing rooms in T1. Changing facilities are also available in the club lounges and some women’s restrooms. Locations:
- Terminal 1: Restrooms at P2/T1 • Restrooms at Arrivals Gate O/GR • Restrooms in Lounge A and Lounge B • Restrooms in Baggage Claim.
- Terminal 2: Restrooms in the Welcome Area, landside, Ground Floor.
- Banking - Banque Populaire Côte d'Azur offers full-service banking in the airport. Location: T2, landside, Arrivals. Hours: 8:30AM - 6:00PM (Mon-Sat).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Play Areas - Rockers, wall games, toys and cartoons are available in the safe and colorful play areas located in the boarding lounges of both terminals. Terminal 2 also has an open-air playground outside of the terminal.
- Currency Exchange - Interchange offers foreign currency exchange and international phone cards for purchase. Locations: T1, landside, Departures (Hours: 6:45AM - 10:30PM) • T1, airside, Boarding Zone A (Hours: 7:30AM - 8:00PM) • T2, Arrivals Area (Hours: 6:45AM - 10:00PM) • T2, Departures (Hours: 7:30AM - 9:00PM). An Interchange ATM dispenses foreign currency in T1, airside, Boarding Zone A.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Aelia Duty Free shops are available in Terminal 1 (two locations) and Terminal 2 (three locations). A wide variety of retail shops are available throughout both terminals.
- Family Services - Designated family-friendly parking spaces and special family-friendly security points open during French school holidays are some of the airport’s offerings to assist families in having a smooth airport experience.
- Fast Track Service - As a premium service, customers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: €10,00. Book on-line.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Here are some of the restaurants in the airport: Bar du Monde • Costa Coffee • Joe & The Juice • La Plage by Thierry Marx • Pan Garni • Pret a Manger • Quick • Starbucks • Trib.
- Information Desk - Locations: T1, landside, Arrivals Hall, Door A1 • T2, landside, Arrivals Hall, Door A3. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM or last flight departure of the day.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Luggage can be stored in the Left Luggage facility for up to 60 days at the following rates: €8 per bag for up to 3 hours, €14 per bag for up to 24 hours, then €14 per bag per 24-hour period thereafter. For €20 per bag, you can have your luggage wrapped and stored for up to 24 hours, with €14 per 24-hour storage period thereafter. A valid photo ID or passport, plus airline ticket and working phone number are required in order to use the Left Luggage facility. Location: T2, landside, Arrivals level, Ground Floor, near Gates A03 and A04. Hours: 6:00AM - 11:30PM.
- Luggage Wrapping - Safe Bag luggage wrapping service is available for €10 per bag. Location: T1, landside, entrance D2 and D3 • T2, landside, entrance D3. Hours: unknown.
- Medical Services - Health advice for travellers, destination medical advice, and vaccines are available at the Vaccination Centre. Location: T1, Level 1. Vaccination hours: 2:00PM - 4:00PM (Mon) 8:30AM - 10:30AM (Tues,Wed,Thurs) 1:00PM - 3:00PM (Fri). No appointment necessary. Medical advice hours: 8:30AM - 11:30AM (Mon&Fri).
- Pharmacy - Nice Côte d'Azur Airport Pharmacie. Location: T2, Departures level. Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM. Personal care products and essentials are also available for purchase from vending machines in Terminal 1. You can get anything, from multivitamins and pain relief pills to mosquito repellant, deodorant, and contact lens solution!
- Prayer Room - Need a quiet place for prayer and contemplation? Nice Airport’s Place of Worship contains a Christian prayer room, Muslim prayer room and a Jewish prayer room, plus a reception area. Location: T2, Arrivals level, near the Service Center. Hours: 6:15AM - 10:00PM. The reception area is manned from 10:00AM - 5:00PM.
- Service Centre - Get airport information, buy lounge passes, print a document, ship or store luggage, and much more at the Service Centre. Location: Terminal 2, landside, Arrivals level, Ground Floor. Hours: 6:00AM - 11:30PM.
- Showers - Not available
- Spa - You can get everything from an express manicure to full-service pedicures and hand treatments at Mademoiselle Vernis nail bar. If you can’t come to their T2 location, they can come to you. Get a manicure while you wait at the gate! Location: T2, airside, Departures lounge. Hours: 2:00PM - 9:00PM. No appointment necessary.
Terminal 2 is closed from the last arrival to 2 hours before the first departure (approx. 1:00AM - 4:30AM). According to an insider at the airport, travellers who have an early morning flight can stay at Terminal 1. You should arrive before the doors are locked (1:00AM - 4:30AM). The automatic doors can be opened from the inside, but not from the outside.
Airport Express buses offer service between the airport and Nice-Riquier Station (Line 98; departures every 20 min.) or Nice-Ville Station (Line 99; departures every 30 min.), with connections to SNCF trains at either station. A one-way fare is € 6, valid for 74 minutes, includes transfer to/from Lignes d'Azur public transportation network. Bus 23 is useful for transfer to Nice St. Augustin Station, but only if heading towards Vallon des Fleur or Bella Vista. The bus departs only from Terminal 1 and costs € 1. For timetables and route information, visit the Lignes d’Azur website.
Car and Motorbike Rental
Car rental desks are located in Terminal 1 (Gates A1/A2, to the right of the information office) and Terminal 2 (Gates A2/A3). The following agencies are available onsite: Avis/Budget, Firefly, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, Interrent and Sixt.
The following agencies offer motorbike rental: Easy-Moov, Happy Traffic and JP Taxi Moto.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Novotel Nice Arenas Aeroport • Campanile Nice - Aeroport • Park Inn by Radisson Nice Airport • Ibis Budget Nice Aeroport • Ibis Styles Nice Aeroport • Mercure Nice Cap 3000 Aeroport
Metered taxis are available at taxi ranks are located at Terminal 1 (near Gate A1) and Terminal 2 (near Gate A3). The following approximate fares were current at the time of this update: Antibes € 51 - 57; Cannes € 70 - 75 (daytime rate); Juan-Les-Pins € 52 - 60; Monaco € 75 - 80; Nice city center € 23 - 31; San Remo € 145 - 165; San Tropez € 240 - 275. Fares quoted for day rate, valid from 6:00AM - 7:00PM, and do not include applicable surcharges.
Nice Saint-Augustin Station is just a 10-minute walk from Terminal 1, providing quick access to regional TER trains that connect the airport to resorts on the French Riviera. To reach the station, exit at Arrivals Gate A1 and walk along the pedestrian path towards “Nice St-Augustin” under the Promenade des Anglais bridge. Cross Lindbergh Ave and turn left at Lycée hôtelier. Turn right at the traffic light (Blvd. René Cassin). Cross left, under the Route de Grenoble SNCF railway bridge, then turn right at Av. Edouard Grinda. The train station can also be reached by taxi or Bus 23 (cost € 1). Trains operate from 5:00AM - 11:00PM.
SNCF regional TER and long-distance high-speed trains also access Nice-Ville station. In addition, SNCF high-speed trains stop at Nice-Riquier Station. Tickets are available in Retail Space T1/T2 or at the train station. For more information on train lines, timetables and fares, visit the SNCF website.
Last Updated: 15 October 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.