Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Nice Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Didn’t see security but then i was sleeping so maybe they saw me, main thing is they left me alone!!! – kiwiboyo
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us about their time at Nice Côte d’Azur Airport.
What to Expect
Nice Côte d’Azur Airport consists of two modern terminals connected by courtesy shuttle bus. With a combined 54 gates, both terminals service domestic, Schengen, non-Schengen and international flights. A wide variety of shops, airside and landside eateries and other services are available in both terminals. WiFi is available to help pass the time. Additional comfort can be found through fee-based access to one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
Depending upon the country’s security considerations, you may not be allowed to sleep overnight at the airport unless you have proof of an onward morning flight, or have just arrived into the airport from another flight. A recent reviewer (2017) reported that there are few armrest-free seats conducive to sleeping. If you are planning to spend the night at the airport consider bringing a travel mat and/or sleeping bag for added comfort on the floor. For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Levity Lounge – Location: Terminal 2, airside, International departures, 1st Floor. Non-Schengen flights. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Canopy Lounge – Location: Terminal 1, airside, International departures, 1st Floor. Non-Schengen flights. . Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If you decide to pay at the door, lounge vouchers can be purchased directly at the lounge or at the Service Centre.
If sleeping in Nice Côte d’Azur Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Campanile Nice Aeroport – (5 minute walk from Terminal 1) Free airport shuttle is available upon request. » Check Rates
- Ibis Budget Nice Aeroport – (7 minute walk from Terminal 1) Free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Novotel Nice Arenas Aeroport – (10 minute walk from Terminal 1) Free 24-hour airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes. » Check Rates
- Park Inn by Radisson Nice Airport – (4 minutes from the airport) Located only 300 metres away from the airport. Free airport bus shuttle service is available that runs every 5 to 10 minutes from 04:30 to 12:30. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Nice Côte d’Azur Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Unlimited free WiFi is provided by Nice Airport. Connect to the “AirportFreeWifi” network and accept the general terms for access. No registration required! In addition, Atlanteam Internet Spaces are available throughout the airport at the following rates: € 2 for 15 minutes, € 3 for 30 minutes, and € 5 for one hour.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Unisex baby-changing rooms are available in most of the airport’s restrooms. Changing tables, toilets and wash facilities for small children, and even bottle warmers (T1 only) are available. Locations: There are multiple locations, landside and airside, in each terminal. In addition, Alfa pushchairs are available for use, free of charge, throughout the airside areas of the airport. You can pick one up after passing the family-friendly passport control.
- Children’s Play Areas – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to one of the children’s play areas. You will find rockers, wall games, toys and cartoons in the safe and colorful play areas. Location: Terminal 1, Airside, boarding lounges and Terminal 2, Airside, boarding lounges. Terminal 2 also has an open-air playground outside of the terminal.
- Family Services – Designated family-friendly parking spaces and special family-friendly security points open during French school holidays are some of the airport’s offerings to assist families in having a smooth airport experience.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Here are some of the restaurants in the airport: Bar du Monde • Costa Coffee • Joe & The Juice • La Plage by Thierry Marx • Pan Garni • Pret a Manger • Quick • Starbucks • Trib.
- Information Desk – Locations: T1, landside, Arrivals Hall, Door A1 • T2, landside, Arrivals Hall, Door A3. Hours: 6:00AM – 12:00AM or last flight departure of the day.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Luggage can be stored in the Left Luggage facility for up to 60 days at the following rates: €14 per bag for up to 24 hours, then €14 per bag per 24-hour period thereafter. For €20 per bag, you can have your luggage wrapped and stored for up to 24 hours, with €14 per 24-hour storage period thereafter. A valid photo ID or passport, plus airline ticket and working phone number are required in order to use the Left Luggage facility. Location: T2, landside, Arrivals level, Ground Floor, near Gates A03 and A04. Hours: 6:00AM – 11:30PM.
- Luggage Wrapping – Safe Bag luggage wrapping service is available for €12 per bag. Location: T1, landside, entrance D2 and D3. Hours: 5:30AM – 7:30PM. • T2, landside, entrance D3. Hours: unknown.
- Medical Services – Health advice for travellers, destination medical advice, and vaccines are available at the Vaccination Centre. Location: T1, Level 1. Vaccination hours: 2:00PM – 4:00PM (Mon) 8:30AM – 10:30AM (Tues,Wed,Thurs) 1:00PM – 3:00PM (Fri). No appointment necessary. Medical advice hours: 8:30AM – 11:30AM (Mon&Fri).
- Pharmacy – Nice Côte d’Azur Airport Pharmacie. Location: T2, Departures level. Hours: 7:45AM – 8:30PM (Mon – Fri) and 8:30AM – 8:00PM (Sat & Sun). Personal care products and essentials are also available for purchase from vending machines in Terminal 1. You can get anything, from multivitamins and pain relief pills to mosquito repellant, deodorant, and contact lens solution!
- Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, write a review or email us at [email protected]
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs, operated by Banque Populaire Côte d’Azur, are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations:
» Terminal 1: in front of Trib’s Restaurant • Arrivals (Baggage Claim area) • Departures (in front of Relay store).
» Terminal 2: Arrivals (Baggage Claim area) • Arrivals (in front of Welcome Area) • Arrivals (in front of Air France desk) • Departures (between Air Corsica and Air Algérie check-in desks)
- Banking Services – Banque Populaire Côte d’Azur offers full-service banking in the airport. Location: T2, landside, Arrivals. Hours: 8:30AM – 6:00PM (Mon-Sat).
- Currency Exchange – Interchange offers foreign currency exchange and international phone cards for purchase. Locations: T1, landside, Departures (Hours: 6:45AM – 10:30PM) • T1, airside, Boarding Zone A (Hours: 7:30AM – 8:00PM) • T2, Arrivals Area (Hours: 6:45AM – 10:00PM) • T2, Departures (Hours: 7:30AM – 9:00PM). An Interchange ATM dispenses foreign currency in T1, airside, Boarding Zone A.
- Prayer Room – Need a quiet place for prayer and contemplation? Nice Airport’s Place of Worship contains a Christian prayer room, Muslim prayer room and a Jewish prayer room, plus a reception area. Location: T2, Arrivals level, near the Service Center. Hours: 6:15AM – 10:00PM. The reception area is manned from 10:00AM – 5:00PM.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – Not available.
- Fast Track Service – As a premium service, customers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: €10,00. Book on-line.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Aelia Duty Free shops are available in Terminal 1 (two locations) and Terminal 2 (three locations). A wide variety of retail shops are available throughout both terminals.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Not available.
- Spa – You can get everything from an express manicure to full-service pedicures and hand treatments at Mademoiselle Vernis nail bar. If you can’t come to their T2 location, they can come to you. Get a manicure while you wait at the gate! Location: T2, airside, Departures lounge. Hours: 2:00PM – 9:00PM. No appointment necessary. Spa by Eric Zemmour offers services hair and spa services. Location: T1, Floor 1, near Gate A36. Hours: Unknown.
Things to do & see
- Art in the Airport – Rotating exhibits of local French artwork and culture are introduced every few months. Location: Business Centre at Terminal 1. Hours: 8:00AM to 7:00PM (Mon-Fri). Rate: Free.
Other Airport Services
- Service Centre – Get airport information, buy lounge passes, print a document, ship or store luggage, and much more at the Service Centre. Location: Terminal 2, landside, Arrivals level, Ground Floor. Hours: 6:00AM – 11:30PM.
Terminal 2 is closed from the last arrival to 2 hours before the first departure (approx. 1:00AM – 4:30AM). According to an insider at the airport, travellers who have an early morning flight can stay at Terminal 1. You should arrive before the doors are locked (1:00AM – 4:30AM). The automatic doors can be opened from the inside, but not from the outside.
As of March 2018, Nice airport is served by the following airlines: Aegean Airlines • Aer Lingus • Air Baltic • Air Berlin • Air Canada • Air Transat • APG Airlines • Austrian Airlines • Blue Air • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • Click And Fly • Germanwings • Iberia • Israir • Jet2 • LOT • Lufthansa • Luxair • Meridiana • NIKI • Nordica • Nouvelair • Primera Air • Qatar Airways • Ryanair • SAS • Swiss • TAP Portugal • Transavia • Turkish Airlines • Ukraine International Airlines • VLM • Vueling.
The airport is well connected to the bus system, offering 47 lines to connect to 144 destinations. To plan your trip, use the handy search feature on the Nice Airport website
Car rental desks are located in Terminal 1 (Gates A1/A2, to the right of the information office) and Terminal 2 (Gates A2/A3). The following agencies are available onsite: Avis/Budget, Firefly, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, Interrent and Sixt.
The following agencies offer motorbike rental: Easy-Moov, Happy Traffic and JP Taxi Moto.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Novotel Nice Arenas Aeroport • Campanile Nice – Aeroport • Park Inn by Radisson Nice Airport • Ibis Budget Nice Aeroport • Ibis Styles Nice Aeroport • Mercure Nice Cap 3000 Aeroport
Metered taxis are available at taxi ranks are located at Terminal 1 (near Gate A1) and Terminal 2 (near Gate A3). The following approximate fares were current at the time of this January 2018 update: Cannes € 70 – 75 ; Juan-Les-Pins € 52 – 60 (daytime); Monaco € 75 – 80; Nice city center € 23 – 31. Fares quoted for day rate, valid from 6:00AM – 7:00PM, and do not include applicable surcharges.
Nice Saint-Augustin Station is just a 10-minute walk from Terminal 1, providing quick access to regional TER trains that connect the airport to resorts on the French Riviera.. The train station can also be reached by taxi or Bus 23 (cost € 1).
SNCF regional TER and long-distance high-speed trains also access Nice-Ville station. In addition, SNCF high-speed trains stop at Nice-Riquier Station. Tickets are available in Retail Space T1/T2 or at the train station. For more information on train lines, timetables and fares, visit the SNCF website.
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.