Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Nice Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Didn’t see security but then i was sleeping so maybe they saw me, main thing is they left me alone!!! – kiwiboyo
NCE Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Nice Côte d’Azur Airport.
What to Expect
Nice Airport (code: NCE) consists of two modern terminals connected by courtesy shuttle bus. With a combined 54 gates, both terminals service domestic, Schengen, non-Schengen and international flights. A wide variety of shops, airside and landside eateries and other services are available in both terminals. WiFi is available to help pass the time. Additional comfort can be found through fee-based access to one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for locations and rates.
Sleeping in Nice Airport
If you are planning to spend the night inside the terminal, keep in mind that it does close 30 minutes after the last flight and doesn’t re-open until 4:30AM the next morning. A reviewer (2019) reported that upon showing his boarding pass to security he was able to stay overnight inside the terminal. You would not be permitted to stay inside the terminal overnight if you arrived late and were waiting for a morning bus or transportation pick-up. If you are planning to spend the night at the airport consider bringing a travel mat and/or sleeping bag for added comfort on the floor and. Earplugs and a sleepmask may also come in handy. Explore our guide to sleeping in Nice Airport or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips. For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the guide below.
To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos. You can also visit the airport’s web site for current information. For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Nice Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Library Lounge – Location: Terminal 1, airside, 2nd Floor. Schengen departures. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door •Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
- Levity Lounge – Location: Terminal 2, airside, International departures, 1st Floor. Non-Schengen flights. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
- Infinity Lounge – Location: Terminal 2, airside. Schengen departures. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
- Canopy Lounge – Location: Terminal 1, airside, International departures, 1st Floor. Non-Schengen flights. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
If you decide to pay at the door, lounge vouchers can be purchased directly at the lounge or at the Service Centre.
Related Pages: Cote d’Azur Airport Lounges
If sleeping in the airport sounds like a nightmare, there are hotels near Nice Côte d’Azur Airport:
- Campanile Nice Aeroport – Five minute walk from Terminal 1. Free airport shuttle is available upon request. » Check Rates
- Ibis Budget Nice Aeroport – Ten minute walk from Terminal 1. No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Novotel Nice Arenas Aeroport – Free 24-hour airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Park Inn by Radisson Nice Airport – Free 24-hour airport bus shuttle. » Check Rates
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Nice Côte d’Azur Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Unlimited free WiFi is provided by Nice Airport. Connect to the “AirportFreeWifi” network and accept the general terms for access. No registration required!
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- SIM Cards – A reader has asked us to include where to buy SIM Cards. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Unisex baby-changing rooms are available in most of the airport’s restrooms. Changing tables, toilets and wash facilities for small children, and even bottle warmers (T1 only) are available. Locations: There are multiple locations, landside and airside, in each terminal. In addition, Alfa pushchairs are available for use, free of charge, throughout the airside areas of the airport. You can pick one up after passing the family-friendly passport control.
- Children’s Play Areas – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to one of the children’s play areas. You will find rockers, wall games, toys and cartoons in the safe and colorful play areas. Location: Terminal 1, Airside, boarding lounges and Terminal 2, Airside, boarding lounges. Terminal 2 also has an open-air playground outside of the terminal.
- Family Services – Designated family-friendly parking spaces and special family-friendly security points open during French school holidays are some of the airport’s offerings to assist families in having a smooth airport experience.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Here are some of the restaurants in the airport: Bar Restaurant Estivale • Joe & The Juice • La Plage by Thierry Marx • Pan Garni • Starbucks • Trib.
- Information Desk – Locations: T1, landside, Arrivals Hall, Door A1 • T2, landside, Arrivals Hall, Door A3. Hours: 6:00AM – 12:00AM or last flight departure of the day.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Luggage can be stored in the Left Luggage facility for up to 60 days at the following rates: €14 per bag (standard size) for up to 24 hours, then €14 per bag per 24-hour period thereafter. Rates are available for bikes, golf bags, motorcycle helmets, and more. A valid photo ID or passport, plus airline ticket and working phone number are required in order to use the Left Luggage facility. T2, landside, Arrivals level, Ground Floor, near Gates A03 and A04. Hours: 8:00AM – 8:00PM.
- Luggage Trolleys – Available in the car parks and outside both terminals. Fee: 1€ (coin) which is refunded when you return the cart.
- Luggage Wrapping – Safe Bag luggage wrapping service is available for €12 per bag. Location: T1, landside, entrance D2 and D3. Hours: 8:00AM – 6:00PM. • T2, landside, entrance D3. Hours: 6:00AM-7:00PM.
- Luggage Porter – Porter service is available at €25 for 3 pieces of luggage. Advance booking is recommended.
- Medical Services – Health advice for travellers, destination medical advice, and vaccines are available at the Vaccination Centre. Location: T1, Level 1. Vaccination hours: 2:00PM – 4:00PM (Mon) • 8:30AM – 10:30AM (Tues – Thurs) • 1:00PM – 3:00PM (Fri). No appointment necessary. Medical advice hours: 8:30AM – 11:30AM (Mon&Fri).
- Pharmacy – Nice Côte d’Azur Airport Pharmacie. Location: T2, Departures level. Hours: 8:00AM – 7:30PM (Mon – Fri) • 8:30AM – 8:00PM (Sat & Sun). Personal care products and essentials are also available for purchase from vending machines in Terminal 1. You can get anything, from multivitamins and pain relief pills to mosquito repellant, deodorant, and contact lens solution!
- Mobile Charging – USB connectors and power outlets are available in the following areas: all food and drink areas • on JCDecaux advertising screens • boarding lounges • all VIP lounges • shuttle bus.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs, operated by Banque Populaire Côte d’Azur, are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations:
» Terminal 1: in front of Trib’s Restaurant • Arrivals (Baggage Claim area) • Departures (in front of Relay store).
» Terminal 2: Arrivals (Baggage Claim area) • Arrivals (in front of Welcome Area) • Arrivals (in front of Air France desk) • Departures (between Air Corsica and Air Algérie check-in desks)
- Banking Services – Banque Populaire Côte d’Azur offers full-service banking in the airport. Locations: T2, landside, Arrivals. Hours: 8:30AM – 6:00PM (Mon-Sat) • T1, Floor 0. Hours: 8:30AM – 6:00PM.
- Currency Exchange – Interchange offers foreign currency exchange and international phone cards for purchase. Locations: T1, airside, near Gate A36 (Hours:9:00AM – 5:00PM) • T1, airside, near Gate A2 (Hours:9:00AM – 5:00PM) • T2, Arrivals Area (Hours:9:00AM – 5:00PM) • T2, airside, near Gate B22 (Hours: 9:00AM – 5:00PM). An Interchange ATM dispenses foreign currency in T1, airside, Boarding Zone A.
- Prayer Room – Need a quiet place for prayer and contemplation? Nice Airport’s Place of Worship contains a Christian prayer room, Muslim prayer room and a Jewish prayer room, plus a reception area. Location: T2, Arrivals level, near the Service Center. Hours: 6:15AM – 10:00PM. The reception area is manned from 10:00AM – 5:00PM.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Fast Track Service – As a premium service, customers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: €10,00. Book on-line.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Aelia Duty Free shops are available in Terminal 1 (two locations) and Terminal 2 (three locations). A wide variety of retail shops are available throughout both terminals.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Not available.
Things to do & see
- Art in the Airport – Rotating exhibits of local French artwork and culture are introduced every few months. Location: Business Centre at Terminal 1. Hours: 8:00AM to 7:00PM (Mon-Fri). Rate: Free.
Other Airport Services
- Service Centre – Get airport information, buy lounge passes, print a document, ship or store luggage, and much more at the Service Centre. Location: Terminal 2, landside, Arrivals level, Ground Floor. Hours: 6:00AM – 11:15PM.
The airport operates from 4:30AM to 30 minutes after arrival of the last flight.
Nice airport is served by the following airlines: Nice airport is served by the following airlines: Aegean Airlines • Aer Lingus • Air Baltic • Air Canada• Air Transat • Austrian Airlines • Blue Air • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • Condor • El Al • Eurowings • Iberia • Icelandair • Jet2.com • Kuwait • LOT • Lufthansa • Luxair • Norwegian • Nouvelair • Ryanair • SAS • Swiss • TAP Portugal • Transavia • Turkish Airlines • United Airlines • Vueling.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
NCE airport is well connected to the bus system, offering 54 lines to connect to 189 destinations. To plan your trip, use the handy search feature on the Nice Airport website
Car and Motorbike Rental
Car rental desks are located in Terminal 1 (Gates A1/A2, to the right of the information office) and Terminal 2 (Gates A2/A3). The following agencies are available onsite: Avis/Budget, Firefly, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, Interrent and Sixt.
The following agencies offer motorbike rental: Easy-Moov, Happy Traffic and JP Taxi Moto.
Several area hotels provide airport shuttle service: Campanile Nice – Aeroport • Holiday Inn Nice – Saint Laurent du Var, an IHG hotel • Ibis Styles Nice Cap 3000 Aeroport • Mercure Nice Cap 3000 Aeroport • Novotel Nice Arenas Aeroport • Novotel Nice Aeroport Cap 3000.
See also Airport Hotels above.
Metered taxis are available at taxi ranks are located at Terminal 1 (near Gate A1) and Terminal 2 (near Gate A3). The following approximate fares were current at the time of this update: Cannes € 85 ; Monaco € 95 ; Nice city center € 32.
Nice Saint-Augustin Station is just a 10-minute walk from Terminal 1, providing quick access to regional TER trains that connect the airport to resorts on the French Riviera. The train station can also be reached by taxi or Bus 23 (cost € 1).
SNCF regional TER and long-distance high-speed trains also access Nice-Ville station. In addition, SNCF high-speed trains stop at Nice-Riquier Station. Tickets are available in Retail Space T1/T2 or at the train station. For more information on train lines, timetables and fares, visit the SNCF website.
On September 1, 2022: the new Nice Saint-Augustin station is scheduled to open. This will connect the Grand Arénas district directly to the airport.
Last updated: 2022-10-31
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, is subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers, and their websites. We are not representatives of any of the above-mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.