Olbia Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Olbia Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The seats are pretty nice, 6 of them grouped in small benches without armrests.
- a traveller
This airport closes at night and it is not possible to stay overnight.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Olbia Costa Smeralda Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean and modern single-terminal airport, served mainly by seasonal flights from all across Europe. The amenities are quite nice here, with a wide variety of shops and restaurants, a wine bar, art gallery and even an indoor garden!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted in this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Olbia Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Olbia Airport Club Lounge - Location: Airside. Hours: 6:00AM - 8:00PM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€25) • Book Online (£20 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at the Olbia Airport. Internet kiosks are available Airside.
If sleeping in Olbia Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Jazz Hotel - (5 minute walk from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel can arrange a taxi for 15,00€ each way.
- Hotel Ristorante Savoia - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Olbia Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Locations: in the departures area.
- Baby Care Facilities - Available. Location: Unknown
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available plus a small “shopping center” offering a variety of shops.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food and beverage concessions. There are eight options to choose from and you will find something both Landside and Airside.
- Information Desk - Location: Arrivals Area
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Location: near the parking area. Rates: € 5 per day (standard size baggage). Bike boxes can also be rented and stored for €7,00 per day. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Pharmacy - Yes, available. Hours and location: Not known.
- Showers - Not available
According to a review in August 2016, the airport closes at approx. 11:30PM.
Bus lines 2 and 10 link the airport to Olbia Town train station in Via Gabriele D’Annunzio, with stops in between. Several long distance bus lines also serve the airport, offering service to Cagliari and points all over the island.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Maggiore and Sixt. Location: Terminal autonoleggi.
Taxis are readily available outside of the airport terminal Arrivals Hall. At the time of this update, one-way fare between the airport and Olbia city center is 15€.
Linked to the airport by bus, Olbia railway station offers 5 daily services between Olbia and Golfo Aranci, Oristano, Cagliari, Macomer or Sassari.
Last Updated: 17 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.