Palma de Mallorca Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Palma de Mallorca Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
It was the best airport I've ever slept in. It was clean, calm (except for the time when some drunk Spanish guy started singing 'coocoorukuku Palooooma!'). - Pesolek
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Palma de Mallorca Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern international airport with four terminals, or “modules”: A, B, C and D. Sections of some modules are closed during the winter months.
- A wide variety of shops and restaurants are available, including some 24-hour options! Most shops and restaurants are located landside, so do your shopping and eating before you clear security!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Power outlets are hard-to-find. One reviewer had to charge their electronics in the bathroom!
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific sleeping spot was mentioned, reviewers described their overnight stay as quiet, comfortable and safe. Armrest-free seats and benches are available throughout the airport, but one reviewer recommends having a sleeping bag or travel blankets handy for added cushion when laying on the hard benches. Those items will also come in handy to help stay warm, as the terminal gets very cold inside, especially during winter!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Palma de Mallorca Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Palma de Majorca airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Sala VIP Formentor - Location: Airside, Departure Level, 4th Floor. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€19.11+VAT) • Book Online (£27.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Sala VIP Valldemossa - Location: Boarding Area in front of Terminal B, Airside, -1 Floor. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€19.11+VAT) • Book Online (£27.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Palma de Majorca Airport. Connect to the "kubiwireless" network. (SSID: Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA). You will be required to enter your information and watch a few commercials, but the WiFi is fast enough to stream movies.
Additionally, you can also find 22 coin-operated internet kiosks located in the public and secure areas of the terminal. A few locations in the public area have printers, so that you can print your boarding passes.
If sleeping in Palma de Majorca Airport does not appeal to you, there are many hotels nearby in the beach area. The closest hotels are:
- Hotel Roc Linda - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Amic Miraflores - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available for a fee.
- Hotel Balear - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Palma de Majorca Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Locations:Arrivals Hall • Boarding Area (Module A, Floor 1 and Module C, Floor 1) • Departures Hall • Baggage Claim.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - Locations: Module A, Floor 1, Boarding Area • Module C, Floor 1, Boarding Area.
- Currency Exchange - Location: Module A, Floor 1, Boarding Area (Hours: 8:00AM - 12:00AM) • Location: Ground Floor, Baggage Hall (Hours: 8:00AM - 12:00AM) .
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available in 4 locations, the one located on Módulo A. Floor 1, Airside is open 24 hours a day. The airport also offers a good selection of shops selling everything from clothing to sunglasses.
- Food & Drinks - While there are many food and beverage concessions at the airport, there are only three options that are open 24 hours: Medas (Modulo A, Floor 1, Departures, Airside - closed during the winter) • Farggi (Modulo C, Floor 1, Departures, Airside) • Espression Lavazza (Floor 4, Departures, Airside).
- Information Desk - The airport offers 4 Information Desks. Arrivals and Departures each offer one and there are two locations available in the Check-in Area.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available.
- Medical Services - Available at the 24/7 First Aid Station. Location: Floor 2, Check-in Area.
- Pharmacy - Airport Pharmacy. Location: Departures, Floor 2, Landside. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM • El Corte Inglés Parapharmacy. Location Módulo C. Floor 1, Airside. Hours: 7:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Route 1 city buses run between the airport, the city center and the seafront. Departures are available every 15 minutes from 6:00AM - 1:10AM or later. Route 21 city buses run between the airport and the Palma Beach area. Departures are every 30 minutes from 7:00AM - 9:30PM or later. Both bus lines stop at Arrivals and Departures Levels of the airport terminal. A one-way ticket for either bus line is €3.
The following car rental agencies are located in the Arrivals area of the terminal: Avis, Enterprise, Europcar, Goldcar, Hertz, Record Go and Sixt.
Metered taxis are readily available from the taxi rank located outside of the Arrivals area. For safety reasons, do not accept unsolicited offers of a ride from any taxi drivers operating outside of the airport taxi rank. Initial fare is €2.04 with €0.51 per km charge from 6:00AM - 9:00PM, or €2.76 with €0.61 per km charge for trips taken after hours, or on weekends and holidays. There is a surcharge of €2.90 for trips starting or ending at the airport or port. Small surcharges apply for baggage and/or radio phone taxis.
Last Updated: 24 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.