Porto Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Porto Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Porto’s new airport is luckily way younger and cleaner than the city’s average spot
To help you plan your layover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Porto Airport.
What to Expect
- This small, single terminal airport is easy to navigate.
- Airport staff and security are generally tolerant of overnight travellers trying to rest.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Plenty of benches and some comfortable couches are available.
- A couple cafes have some bench seating to spread out on when they’re closed.
- It can get cold so bring extra layers. The cleaning crews can be loud, so have ear plugs for the night.
- The lights often stay dim overnight.
- For uninterrupted sleep, several hotels are located within walking distance of the airport; ask about shuttles as some may charge. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Free showers are available near the boarding gates.
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass and relax in one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Porto Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Porto airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Airport Lounge - Location: Airside, between Gates 31 and 32. Hours: 5:00AM - 11:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€23.13) • Book Online (£25.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Unlimted free WiFi is available at Porto Airport. Connect to the ""VINCI Airports wifi" network. Additionally, there are 12 computers that offer free access to the internet. Location: Landside, 3rd Floor; Landside, Arrivals Area (ground floor); Airside, boarding lounge (level 2)
If sleeping in Porto Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Park Hotel Porto Aeroporto - (8 minutes from the airport) Located opposite the airport terminal.
- AirPorto Hostel - (7 minutes from the airport) Mixed person dorm rooms available. 2-person mixed dorm (€35.00/room with breakfast included). 4-person mixed dorm (€15.00/person with breakfast included). 6-person mixed dorm (€13.00/person with breakfast included). Prices include free linens and WIFI. Bath towels are 1,50€.
- Hotel Aeroporto - (8 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- HF Ipanema Park - (13 minutes from the airport) Shuttle available from 4:00AM to 12:30AM starting from €6 per person.
- BessaHotel Boavista - (12 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Porto Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Locations: Landside and Airside
- Baby Care Facilities - There are seven sanitary and fully-equipped baby care rooms located landside and airside in the terminal. For babies aged 3 and under (or 15 kg and under), strollers are available for use, free of charge! Pick one up on the 2nd floor, airside. Strollers can be used throughout the post-security area and left at the gate.
- Banking - Santander offers automatic banking in the airport. Location: landside, 3rd Floor Hours: 8:30AM - 12:00PM and 1:00PM - 3:00PM.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Areas - Activity-filled play areas are available for children ages 2 to 7 years old. Three locations: airside, 2nd Floor, Schengen zone • airside, 2nd Floor, non-Schengen • landside, Ground Floor. Travelers with children ages 3 to 12 years old will want to check out Aerolândia, a children’s play area with a library, video library, toys, games, activities and more. Location: landside, Ground Floor Hours: 9:30AM - 5:30PM
- Currency Exchange - Nova Câmbios offers currency exchange landside on the Ground Floor (Hours: 5:00AM - 9:30PM) and 3rd Floor (Hours: 7:00AM - 12:00AM).
- Drinking Water - There are no drinking fountains
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free Store is open from 5:00AM - 10:00PM, airside in both Schengen and non-Schengen zones. A small variety of retails stores are also available, including a Relay newsstand.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with some open as early as 5:00AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. A reader tells us that there are 5 Cafes: 2 on the Arrivals Level (Ground Floor), 3 on Departures. There is a full restaurant in the far right corner of Departures. Vending machines are available in the airport.
- Information Desk - There are 5 information desks available at the airport, the following locations are open 24 hours a day: Public Departures (Floor 3) • Departure Lounge (Floor 2) • Arrivals and baggage claim area (Ground Floor).
- Luggage Trolleys - Free
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - A storage room and lockers are available landside. A reader tells us that space is very limited. Storage room daily rates are as follows: €2.35 per item/bag up to 10 kg - €3.57 per item/bag 10kg - 30 kg - €7.10 per item/bag over 30 kg. Locker rates are per item, per 4-hour period, as follows: €1,50 (351x457x855mm) • €2,00 (351x945x855mm) • €2,50 (525x945x855mm/ 212x1925x555mm) Location: Information Desk, landside, Departures Level, 3rd floor Hours: 5:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Luggage Wrapping - Protect your valuables with Safe Bag luggage wrapping service. Location: landside Hours: 5:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the First Aid station. Location: Ground Floor (Floor 0), landside Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Mobile Charging - Power outlets are available, but very limited.
- Pharmacy - Farmacia Aeroport is available for your prescription needs. Location: 3rd Floor, landside Hours: 8:30AM - 11:00PM.
- Post Office - Postal services and more are available at CTT. Location: Ground Floor, landside Hours: 9:00AM - 8:00PM.
- Rest Zones - While not technically designated as a rest zone, there are reports of loungers set up by the windows near the gates.
- Showers - Free showers are located near the boarding gates.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Buses and Shuttles
Both local and private buses and shuttles serve the airport, stopping in front of the Arrivals area to pick up and drop off passengers.
- Local bus lines that serve the airport: 601 (Airport - Cordoaria) • 602 (Airport - Cordoaria, via Padrão Moreira) • 604 (Airport - São João Hospital, via Maia) • 3M (Airport - Av. dos Aliados). For fares, timetables and route information, visit the STCP website.
- 100 Rumos Porto Airport Shuttle is a low-cost door-to-door shuttle service that runs between the airport and the city center. Fares start at € 9 per person for a one-way trip (€ 18 per person for round trip). Three or more passengers traveling together receive a discount.
- Goin’ Porto is another low-cost door-to-door shuttle bus system that runs between the airport and city center, stopping at designated bus stops along the way. At the time of this update, fares are € 5 for one way and € 9 for roundtrip.
- Resende Urbanos offers daily coach service between the airport and Guifões (Bus 120) or São Gens (Bus 105N).
- Get Bus offers daily shuttle service between the airport and Braga or Guimarães.
- Autna Vigo Bus makes four daily weekday trips (two daily on the weekends) between Porto Airport and Vigo, Spain. Total one-way trip time is 1 hour 45 min.
- Transdev offers shuttle service between the airport and Porto Centro bus station. Fares from € 2.50 and up.
- Ovnitur Viagens shuttles travel between Porto Airport, Póvoa de Varzim, Esposende, Viana do Castelo, Lanheses and Ponte de Lima.
- Barquense makes four daily weekday trips (two daily on the weekends) between Porto Airport, Ponte da Barca, Arcos de Valdevez, Ponte de Lima and Viana do Castelo.
The following car rental agencies are located on Level Zero of the airport terminal: Auto Jardim, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Guerin, Hertz, National and Sixt.
Metro Line E (purple) runs between the airport and Estádio do Dragão, every 20 - 30 minutes from 6:00AM - 1:00AM. For fares, metro line stops and timetables, visit the Metro do Porto website.
Readily available outside of the Arrivals area, taxis are considered by many to be the best way to travel between the airport and Porto city center. Taxis in Porto can reach the airport or city center faster than the Metro (about 20 - 30 mins trip time by taxi) and travel to areas that the buses and the Metro do not cover. Up to four passengers may travel per taxi, and oversized or multiple pieces of luggage are accepted (surcharge applies for luggage over 55x35x20 cm). A one-way trip between the airport and city center costs € 20 - 30 and takes about 20 to 30 minutes. Fares increase by 20% between 9:00PM - 6:00AM, and also on the weekends and holidays.
Last Updated: 24 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.