Rotterdam Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Rotterdam Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I could see one or two security guys in an office on the second floor, but they never found me much interesting. -gizla
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Rotterdam The Hague Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern single-terminal international airport with clean facilities and a limited variety of shops and restaurants.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- The airport can get pretty deserted at night, which can feel a little unnerving, especially to solo travelers.
- Have a travel blanket or sleeping bag handy for added comfort and warmth in the chilly airport terminal.
Where to Sleep
- There are a few benches near the vending machines behind the elevator. If those are taken, try the benches near the door to departures. This area can feel a bit breezy and cold, so have a travel blanket or sweater to stay warm!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Rotterdam Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free WiFi is available at Rotterdam Airport.
If sleeping in Rotterdam Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Worldhotel Wings Rotterdam - (3 minute walk from the airport) Located 100m from the airport terminal.
- Best Western Plus Rotterdam Airport Hotel - (8 minute walk or 3 min ride from the airport) Located in front of the airport. Free airport shuttle runs from 7:00AM to 11:00PM, Monday through Friday.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Rotterdam Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - One ATM machine is available Landside at the currency exchange office.
- Baby Care - A baby change facility, including a microwave for warming baby bottles, is available. Location: Behind the elevator in the central hall, Airside.
- Baggage Trolleys - Trolleys are available in the main hall and in parking lots. You will need to insert a 50 cents coin that will be returned when you return the baggage trolley.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex is available for currency exchange, providing change, etc. Location: Landside. Hours: unknown.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a convenience shop (shop closes at 7:00PM every day except Sundays when it closes at 6:00PM).
- Food / Beverages - At the time of this update there are no 24-hour food and beverage concessions available. There is a restaurant and cafe located before security. Both facilities operate according to flight schedules.
- Information Desk - Location: transit hall. Hours: 7:30AM - last incoming flight.
- Smoking - Smoking is permitted in designated areas only. There are two smoking areas landside, one outside the terminal building and the other on the terrace of De Horizon restaurant. An Airside location is available at the Terrace.
- Terrace - Location: Access via Restaurant de Horizon. Fees: Free.
The Central Hall is open 24 hours a day. Airside only remains open according to flight schedule.
Airport Shuttle route 50 links the airport to the Hague. Fare is payable via OV-chipkaart. OV-chipkaarts are sold at the airport, ticket machines and bookstores.
Bus 33 links the airport to Meijersplein, where connections are available to Rotterdam and the Hague. Fare is payable via OV-chipkaart, or directly to the driver for a slightly higher cost.
RandstadRail Metro route E links the airport to the Hague. Fare is payable via OV-chipkaart.
Taxis are readily available at the airport during airport hours of operation.
Last Updated: 28 April 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.