Salzburg Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Salzburg Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Salzburg airport has been the best amongst the airports I've slept in.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Salzburg Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern international airport with one main passenger terminal (Terminal 1) and a smaller second terminal with limited amenities, used for charter flights during ski season (Terminal 2).
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted in this airport. For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Salzburg Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Business Lounge - Location: Terminal 1. Hours: 5:00AM - 9:00PM except on Saturdays the hours are 5:00AM - 7:00PM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door ( €36,00 - buy tickets at ticket center in the check-in hall).
Free WiFi is available at Salzburg Airport. Connect to the Freewave network.
If sleeping in Salzburg Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- airporthotel Salzburg - (2 minute walk from the airport) Located 500m from the Arrivals Hall. Cross parking place number 3.
- Star Inn Hotel - (15 minute walk or 4 min ride from the airport) A budget hotel located 500m from the terminal. No airport shuttle.
- Austria Trend Hotel Salzburg West- (5 minute walk or 2 min ride from the airport) Free airport shuttle.
- Hotel Himmelreich - (8 minute walk or 3 min ride from the airport) Airport shuttle service to/from airport is free whenever possible. Otherwise it is € 7.00 per person, one way.
- Hotel Salzburg - (15 minute walk or 2 min ride from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Salzburg Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATM’s / Cash Machines - Yes, available at the Sparkasse Bank.
- Airport Tours - Guided tours of the airport are available (in German only). Must register with Besucherservice.
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby Change Facilities are available both Landside and Airside of the lower levels of Terminal 1 and 2.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - Locations: 1st Floor, Self-Service Restaurant "Panorama Mark Place" • Terminal 2, transit hall.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, available at the Sparkasse Bank. Location: Not known. Hours: Exact hours are not known; however, they are open every day.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a Kiosk selling newspapers, snacks, etc.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food and beverage concessions.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Terminal 1, landside, walk towards Terminal 2. Rates: 4 Euros per item per 24 hours. Hours: unknown.
- Medical Services - A First Aid Station is available. Location: Terminal 1, 1st Floor, Entrance A. Hours: 5:30AM - 11:00PM daily.
- Showers - Not available
- Visitor's Terrace - Location: Terminal 1, Landside, 2nd Floor. Rate: Free
Operating: 6:00AM - 11:00PM (The terminals seems to be open 24 hours...this may have changed though)
Public bus service is available between the airport and Salzburg Hauptbahnhof main railway station (lines 2 or 27, ÖBB Postbus lines 180 or 260), Salzburg city center (line 10, ÖBB Postbus lines 180 or 260), St. Johann and Kitzbühel (ÖBB Postbus 260), Bavaria (ÖBB Postbus lines 180 or 260, RVO bus lines 840 or 9535). Buses to/from the city center and train station are frequent, with departures available every 15 - 20 minutes. Fares start at € 2.50 for city buses.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite on the ground floor of the multi-storey car park: Avis/Budget, Buchbinder, Europcar, Hertz, Megadrive Autovermietung and Sixt
Several companies offer shared-ride door-to-door service between the airport and hotels, ski resorts or destinations beyond.
Taxi stands are available in front of the airport terminal and Salzburg Hauptbahnhof (main railway station). Journey time between the airport and railway station is about 15 - 20 minutes.
Last Updated: 28 April 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.