Skopje Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Skopje Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
While I never actually slept in the airport it was not for lack of trying.
August 2015 - I had an early morning flight, so I decided to stay in the airport. It went relatively well. The chairs were not the most comfortable (metallic chairs with no padding). A kiosk was still open at around 23, so it was possible to buy some snacks. There were few more people spending the night in the terminal. Until around 4am I could get some sleep. Later too many people gathared in the terminal and it got too noisy.
Have you been to Skopje Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Skopje airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Primeclass Business Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Hours: Open 24 Hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (20 EUR) • Priority Pass.
Free WiFi is available at Skopje Airport for 30 minutes. Connect to the "Telekom HotSpot" network. You can log-in as many times as you like.
If sleeping in Skopje Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Motel Livija - (6 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Le Village - (14 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Russia - (18 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Skopje Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Currency Exchange - Location: Arrivals Hall. Hours: 24 hours a day.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Two Duty Free shops are available Airside. Hours: Not known.
- Food & Drinks - All four food concessions are open 24-hours.
- Landside: Cakes and Bakes
- Airside: Cafe Inn • Burger King
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, ground floor, in front of the escalators that lead to the Departures section. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Vardar Ekspres offers scheduled nonstop bus service to/from Skopje for 175 denars, one way.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Ace, Avis, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, Inter Ways, Interrent, Mida, Sharr Express, Sixt, Starcar and Toto.
All-white official “Airport Taxis” are available 24-hours a day at the airport exit. A taxi fare price list displayed at this exit. Estimated fare for a one-way trip to/from Skopje is 1220 denars (20 €).
Last Updated: 24 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.