In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Skopje Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
While I never actually slept in the airport it was not for lack of trying.
"While I never actually slept in the airport it was not for lack of trying. There is a single terminal that doesn't have air conditioning. Chairs are only available for people sitting at the bar inside the terminal. The bathrooms consist of holes in the ground with places to put your feet on either side."
Have you been to Skopje Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Primeclass Business Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, non-Schengen area. Hours: open 24 hours. Rate: 20 Euro at the door.
- Primeclass Business Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Schengen area. Hours: open 24 hours. Rate: 20 Euro at the door.
Free WiFi is available at the Skopje Airport for 15 minutes. Connect to the "SunWireless" network. Beyond that time, you can purchase pre-paid cards or purchase a voucher online.
If sleeping in the Skopje Airport does not appeal to you, there are no hotels at the airport to seek refuge. There is a list of hotels near Skopje Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Car Rentals - Avis • Sharr Express • Europcar • Hertz • Ibegalis • Sixt and more
- Currency Exchange - Location: Arrivals Hall. Hours: 8am - 8pm
- Food & Drinks - All four food concessions are open 24-hours.
»Landside: Cooky Moon
»Airside: Beerport Pub • Cafe Inn • Burger King
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, ground floor, in front of the escalators that lead to the Departures section. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage / Lockers: not available
- Showers: not available
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. And if you know the hours, please let me know and I will update the guide.
Facebook and Twitter Tips
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Skopje Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Skopje Travel Resources
- Skopje Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 19 January 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.