Skopje Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Skopje Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
While I never actually slept in the airport it was not for lack of trying.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Skopje Alexander the Great Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern single-terminal international airport, with a limited variety of shops and restaurants, including some 24-hour options!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific sleeping spot was mentioned, reviewers described their overnight stays as quiet and hassle-free. Armrest-free benches are available, but hard and uncomfortable, so have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for added comfort!
- There are massage chairs located in the departures and arrivals areas.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Skopje Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Skopje airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Primeclass Business Lounge (Departures) - Location: International Terminal, Airside, After Customs and Passport Control. Hours: Open 24 Hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (20 EUR) • Book Online (US$ 26 - 3 hours)
- Primeclass Business Lounge (Arrivals) - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Arrivals, after Passport Control. Hours: Open 24 Hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (20 EUR)
Free WiFi is available at Skopje Airport for 30 minutes. Connect to the "Telekom HotSpot" network. You can log-in as many times as you like.
If sleeping in Skopje Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Motel Livija - (6 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Le Village - (14 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Russia - (18 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Skopje Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Currency Exchange - Location: Arrivals Hall. Hours: 24 hours a day.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Two Duty Free shops are available Airside. Hours: Not known.
- Food & Drinks - All four food concessions are open 24-hours.
- Landside: Cakes and Bakes
- Airside: Cafe Inn • Burger King
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, ground floor, in front of the escalators that lead to the Departures section. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Vardar Ekspres offers scheduled nonstop bus service to/from Skopje for 175 denars, one way.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Ace, Avis, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, Inter Ways, Interrent, Mida, Sharr Express, Sixt, Starcar and Toto.
All-white official “Airport Taxis” are available 24-hours a day at the airport exit. A taxi fare price list displayed at this exit. Estimated fare for a one-way trip to/from Skopje is 1220 denars (20 €).
Last Updated: 24 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.