Stavanger Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Stavanger Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I have been at this airport many times and it is a quiet and nice airport. Few people, and the people who works there are friendly. Enough seatings which are comfortable. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Stavanger Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern airport with separate terminal areas for domestic and international flights. A small variety of shops and food concessions are available, including a 24-hour convenience store!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- There are plenty of padded benches in the baggage claim area. Have a travel blanket handy to stay warm, as this area gets quite cold!
- Another good place to sleep is the “Kissing Point”, a quiet corner on the 2nd floor, next to the elevator above the check-in area. There are long benches, a lamp, power outlets and clean restrooms nearby!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Stavanger Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- North Sea Lounge - Location: Not known. Hours: 4:30AM - 9:00PM . Lounge Access: Pay at Door 30 NOK • Book Online (£30.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required).
Free WiFi is available at Stavanger Airport for two hours. Connect to the "Airport" network, select "Gratis WiFi", follow the instructions and you will receive a username and password by SMS. AFter the two hour limit has expired you can log on again.
If sleeping in Stavanger Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Clarion Hotel Air - Hotel is within easy walking distance of the airport terminal for those who are traveling light. No airport shuttle.
- Scandic Stavanger Airport - (2 min walk from the terminal) Located right outside of Arrivals Hall. Shuttle available for NOK 110 (pick-up) and NOK 160 (return).
- Quality Airport Hotel - (3 min from the airport) - The shuttle bus departs every 15 minutes from the Arrival Hall.
- Sola Strand Hotel - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Stavanger Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, the airport has 4 machines available. Locations: 1st Floor at the bank, Arrivals and one each in Domestic and International Departures.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, available at Sparebank 1 SR Bank. Location: 1st Floor of the terminal. Hours: Not known.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of shops including two magazine shops.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, 7Eleven is the only place that is open 24 hours where you could buy food and drink.
- Landside: For Fra Mor • 7Eleven
- Airside:La Baguette • Brenningan Coffeebar • Brisen Bar • Caffe Ritazza • Food Bar • Havsalt • Peppes Pizza • Ureist
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Lockers are available. Location: Landside, Ground Floor, near Gate 30. Rates: 40 NOK (for 24 hours) for a small bag and 50 NOK (for 24 hours) for a large bag. Hours: Not known. Car keys can be stored at the Europark office in the parking facilities.
- Showers - Not available
Open 24 hours
Flybussen offers service between Stavanger Airport, Sola and Stavanger city center. Total one way travel time is from 20 - 30 minutes. Bus fare is NOK 110 (one way) and NOK 160 (roundtrip). For timetables and route information, visit the Flybussen website.
Jaerlines offers service between the airport, Sola and Bryne.
Kolumbus offers service between the airport, Sola, Forus and Sandnes in a 1-hour one way journey. Fares start at NOK 32.
The following car rental agencies are located in the green building across from the passenger terminal: Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Taxis are readily available at the taxi stand during airport operating hours. The taxi stand is located to the left of the Arrivals Hall, between the airport terminal and the parking garage.
Last Updated: 27 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.