Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Stavanger Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I have been at this airport many times and it is a quiet and nice airport. Few people, and the people who works there are friendly. Enough seatings which are comfortable. – a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Stavanger Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern airport with separate terminal areas for domestic and international flights. A small variety of shops and food concessions are available, including a 24-hour convenience store!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- There are plenty of padded benches in the baggage claim area. Have a travel blanket handy to stay warm, as this area gets quite cold!
- Another good place to sleep is the “Kissing Point”, a quiet corner on the 2nd floor, next to the elevator above the check-in area. There are long benches, a lamp, power outlets and clean restrooms nearby!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by purchasing a lounge pass. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Stavanger Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Clarion Hotel Air – Hotel is within easy walking distance of the airport terminal for those who are traveling light. No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Scandic Stavanger Airport – (2 minute walk from the terminal) Located right outside of Arrivals Hall. Shuttle available for NOK 110 (pick-up) and NOK 160 (return). » Check Rates
- Quality Airport Hotel – (3 minutes from the airport) – The shuttle bus departs every 15 minutes from the Arrival Hall. » Check Rates
- Sola Strand Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Stavanger Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Stavanger Airport for two hours. Connect to the “Airport” network, select “Gratis WiFi”, follow the instructions and you will receive a username and password by SMS. AFter the two hour limit has expired you can log on again.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Arrivals, 1st Floor at the bank • Domestic departures • International departures.
Currency Exchange – Foreign exchange services are at available at Sparebank 1 SR Bank. Location: 1st Floor of the terminal. Hours: unknown.
Drinking Water – Thirsty? Drinking water fountains are available free of charge. There are 2 fountains located Airside where you can refill your water bottles with pure Norwegian water.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of shops including two magazine shops. The Duty Free store is open 24 hours.
Food & Drinks – At the time of this update, 7Eleven is the only place that is open 24 hours where you could buy food and drink. You will also find these options available:
» Landside: 7Eleven • Max Burgers • Puro Gusto
» Airside: La Baguette • Brenningan Coffeebar • Brisen Bar • Caffe Ritazza • Food Bar • Havsalt • Peppes Pizza • Ureist.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Lockers are available. Location: Landside, Ground Floor, near Gate 30. Rates: 40 NOK (for 24 hours) for a small bag and 50 NOK (for 24 hours) for a large bag. Hours: unknown. Car keys can be stored at the Europark office in the parking facilities.
Mobile Charging – In June 2018, a reader tells us “There are plenty of charging stations at SOLA. Take a left after security, down escalator.”
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2018, Stavanger airport is served by the following airlines: SAS • KLM • Norwegian • Air Canada.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The airport offers a good variety of bus options for travellers. Flybussen airport express offers service to and from Stavanger for NOK 130 (one way) or NOK 200 (roundtrip). Bus connections are also available to Sandnes, Bryne and Jåsund.
The following car rental agencies offer services onsite in the green building opposite the terminal: Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Sixt.
Prepaid taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. Stop at the taxi stand near the parking garage to pay for your ride. You will receive a ticket to give to your taxi driver before boarding the taxi.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected]