Stockholm Skavsta Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Stockholm Skavsta Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Some reviewers commented that it's not allowed to sleep in sleeping bags. It is not true. Security guy told me I can sleep anywhere I want except restricted area. - wixo
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Stockholm Skavsta Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport, served by Ryanair and other low-cost carriers. There’s a shop, a cafe and a bar, but prices are high, so do your shopping elsewhere and bring your own food and drink to save money!
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close, all passengers are restricted to landside for the night. Please note that sleeping is not permitted in certain landside areas, like under check-in desks. Reviews are mixed as to whether sleeping in the airport restaurant and bar is allowed. There are only a couple of benches, so some of our reviewers made makeshift beds out of the uncomfortable wooden chairs from the airport’s bar and restaurant. Some of those reviewers eventually ended up sleeping on the floor. Those who came prepared to sleep on the floor were more comfortable. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for added comfort!
- There is a children's play area that has soft foam pieces to sleep on. Bring a blanket!
- Air-conditioning makes the terminal very cold inside at night. If you don’t have a sleeping bag, a travel blanket should keep you warm!
- Be prepared to be promptly woken up at 4:30AM by airport staff, just before flights commence for the day.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Stockholm Skavsta Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Comfort Lounge - Location: Airside. Hours: Not known . Lounge Access: Pay at the Airport (299 SEK). Passes can also be purchased at the Service Center or The Bar in the departure hall • Book Online (£24.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- WiFi is available at Stockholm Skavsta Airport for a fee. Provided by TheCloud. Buy a voucher in the Service Center, opposite the check-in counters.
- Internet kiosks can be found beside the Coffee Shop and in the Departure Hall. Pay with credit card.
If sleeping in Stockholm Skavsta Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Connect Hotel - Basic budget-conscious and business-class rooms in an eco-friendly hotel, located only 75m from the airport terminal.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Stockholm Skavsta Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes available, landside near the front entrance.
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby change facilities can be found in all handi-capped washroom facilities both landside and airside.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - The airport has a Duty Free Shop. Location: Airside. Hours: According to flight operations. Landside has one newspaper shop.
- Luggage Trolleys - Available for a fee. Rates: 10 SEK / €1 / £1.
- Currency Exchange - Location: FOREX Bank, Arrival Hall, opposite the Security Check.
- Food & Drinks
- Landside: The Coffee Shop • Food Hall Kitchen • Food Hall Deli (open 24 hours)
- Airside: The Bar
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Available at the Connect Hotel, 75 meters from the terminal.
- Showers - Not available
- Smoking Rooms - There are Smoking Booths available in the Departure Lounges.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Flygbussarna Airport Coaches offer nonstop service between the airport and Stockholm Cityterminalen (80 min total trip time), and service between the airport and Linköping (via Norrköping). Buses are scheduled to run according to scheduled commercial flight arrivals and departures. Tickets are sold online, at vending machines in the airport (Arrivals Hall and bus stop) and Cityterminalen (Gates 2,3 & 5), at the Flygbussarna Ticket Counter (airport & Cityterminalen) and at Pressbyrån locations (Cityterminalen, Linköping & Norrköping). Fares start at 159 SEK for a one-way adult ticket, with discounts available for youth tickets and all tickets purchased online. For timetables and ticket options, visit the Flygbussarna website.
Bus 515 links the airport to Nyköping and Oxelösund, with connection to the SJ Swedish rail network available via Nyköping Central Railway Station. Buses run from 4:00AM until just after Midnight on weekdays, and from 5:10AM - 10:30PM on weekends. Bus tickets are sold at the Bus Ticket office in the airport or onboard the bus (drivers accept credit card only). For timetables, fares and stops, visit the Länstrafiken website. The bus stop area is located opposite the airport terminal.
Car rental services are available in an area outside of the front of the airport. Onsite car rental agencies include: Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
A tolled taxi area is located opposite the airport terminal. Prepaid taxis, lined up to the left in the taxi area, can be paid for with a transponder (prepaid access card) or credit card at the Service Center in the Check-In Hall. Non-prebooked taxis are lined up to the right. The following list of fares and travel times from the airport were current at the time of this update: central Stockholm 1,500 SEK (70 min); Arlanda 1,900 SEK
Last Updated: 27 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.