Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Stockholm Skavsta Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Some reviewers commented that it’s not allowed to sleep in sleeping bags. It is not true. Security guy told me I can sleep anywhere I want except restricted area. – wixo
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Stockholm Skavsta Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport, served by Ryanair and other low-cost carriers. There’s a shop, a cafe and a bar, but prices are high, so do your shopping elsewhere and bring your own food and drink to save money!
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close, all passengers are restricted to landside for the night. Please note that sleeping is not permitted in certain landside areas, like under check-in desks. Reviews are mixed as to whether sleeping in the airport restaurant and bar is allowed. There are only a couple of benches, so some of our reviewers made makeshift beds out of the uncomfortable wooden chairs from the airport’s bar and restaurant. Some of those reviewers eventually ended up sleeping on the floor. Those who came prepared to sleep on the floor were more comfortable. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for added comfort!
- There is a children’s play area that has soft foam pieces to sleep on. Bring a blanket!
- Air-conditioning makes the terminal very cold inside at night. If you don’t have a sleeping bag, a travel blanket should keep you warm!
- Be prepared to be promptly woken up at 4:30AM by airport staff, just before flights commence for the day.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Stockholm Skavsta Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Connect Hotel – Basic budget-conscious and business-class rooms in an eco-friendly hotel, located only 75m from the airport terminal. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Stockholm Skavsta Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Stockholm Skavsta Airport for 30 minutes. Connect to the “Skavsta free Wi-Fi” network. You can then buy additional time (1h, 3h or 24h). Rates are unknown.
If you are not travelling with a mobile device, Internet kiosks can be found beside the Coffee Shop and in the Departure Hall. Pay with credit card.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside, near the front entrance • Airside (dispenses Euros, GBP and PLN).
Baby Care Facilities – Baby change facilities can be found in all washroom facilities both landside and airside.
Currency Exchange – Location: FOREX Bank, Arrival Hall, opposite the Security Check.
Duty Free & Shopping – The airport has a Duty Free Shop. Location: Airside. Hours: According to flight operations. Landside has one newspaper shop.
Food & Drinks – At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour food and beverage concessions available at this airport. Landside you will find Pure Gusto and Airside you will find the Nordic Kitchen & Bar. Both are open 4:30AM until the last check-in desk has closed, including delayed departures.
Information Desk – The Service Center is located landside, opposite to check in desks.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Available at the Connect Hotel, 75 meters from the terminal.
Luggage Trolleys – Available for a fee. Rates: 10 SEK / €1 / £1.
Luggage Wrapping – It is not known if luggage wrapping is available; however, the Service Center sells plastic bags for backpacks and strollers.
Mobile Charging – Mobile chargers are available Airside by Gate 2. Nordic Kitchen and Bar also offers charging for their customers.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking Rooms – There are Smoking Booths available in the Departure Lounges.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2018, Stockholm Skavsta airport is served by the following airlines: Ryanair • Wizz Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Flygbussarna Airport Coaches offer nonstop service from the airport to Stockholm Cityterminalen and from the airport to Linköping. For fares, timetables and ticket options, visit the Flygbussarna website.
City bus 515 links the airport to Nyköping and Oxelösund, with connection to the SJ Swedish rail network available via Nyköping Central Railway Station. For timetables, fares and stops, visit the Länstrafiken website.
Car rental services are available in an area outside of the front of the airport. Onsite car rental agencies include: Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Taxis are readily available at the airport and pre-booked taxis are permitted to pick-up at the airport. As of this January 2018 update, the following list of fares and travel are current: central Stockholm 1,500-2000 SEK (70 min); Norrköping 1,100-1,400 SEK (45 min); Nyköping 220-400 SEK (10 min).
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.