Tampere Pirkkala Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Tampere Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Just be aware the Ryanair terminal & the terminal for real airlines closes after the last flight of the day has come in. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Tampere–Pirkkala Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, modern airport with limited flight service and amenities.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Tampere–Pirkkala Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
Free WiFi is available at Tampere Airport. Connect to the "Free Wi-Fi - Finavia Airports" network.
If sleeping in Tampere Airport does not appeal to you, the nearest hotels are in Tampere city center, about 15 mins northeast of the airport.
- Mango Hotel - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotelli Ville - (16 min from the airport) This hotel does not have a shuttle, but you can take Bus number 1 to Tampere- Pirkkala Airport from bus stop number 2506 (Hatanpään valtatie), at the opposite street corner from the hotel.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Tampere Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATM / Cash Machines - There are ATMs located in Terminal 1.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a shop which is included in the Cafe.
- Food & Drinks - There are food/beverage concessions located landside and airside in Terminals 1 and 2. None are open 24 hours.
Terminal 1 - 4:30AM - 1:30AM (Mon-Fri) • 4:30AM -11:00AM & 1:00PM - 9:30PM (Sat) • 4:30AM -11:00AM & 1:00PM - 1:30AM (Sun)
Terminal 2 - unknown
Tampere Public Transport buses link the airport to Tampere city center via bus route 1. Tokee offers Ryanair bus transfers to/from Tampere railway station.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite in Terminal 1 (Arrivals): Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Scandia Rent and Sixt.
Taxis are readily available outside of airport terminals T1 and T2.
Last Updated: 01 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.