Tirana Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Tirana Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Inside, there are a few padded benches and one is close to an outlet (to charge up your laptop to use the wifi) and I really don't think anyone would bother you overnight. - Beccapiglet
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Rinas International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, modern single-terminal international airport with clean facilities and a limited variety of reasonably-priced shops and restaurants. One reviewer mentioned that the duty-free shop is overpriced, so you may be better off shopping elsewhere.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Soon after the last flights arrive and depart, the airport is nearly a ghost town. Very quiet and with no overhead announcements through the night.
- Have some food and beverages handy for snacking after the restaurants have closed.
Where to Sleep
- There are very few benches in the Check-In area. Very few people choose to sleep at this airport, so you will most likely have a bench to yourself if you decided to spend the night. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for added comfort!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Tirana Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Air Lounge – Location: Airside, first floor, above the Duty Free Store. Hours: one hour before the first flight departure and one hour after the last flight departure. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (EUR 15). Vouchers can be purchased at the Business Lounge Reception.
Free WiFi is available at Tirana Airport.
If sleeping in Tirana Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Airport Tirana - (1 min walk from the airport) Located opposite the airport. Free 24-hr roundtrip airport shuttle.
- Best Western Premier Ark Hotel - (2 min walk from the main terminal) Located opposite the airport. Free roundtrip airport shuttle.
- Hotel Vila Zeus - (5 min walk from the airport) Located opposite the airport. No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Verzaci - (10 min walk from the airport) Located opposite the airport. Free airport shuttle available.
- Vila Aeroport - (15 min from the airport) A cool hotel that looks like an airplane. Airport transfers available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Tirana Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMS / Cash Machines - Locations: in the Check-in and Arrivals Halls
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, Banka Kombetare Tregtare provides services in the Check-in Hall and Arrivals area. Hours: Not known.
- Duty Free and Shopping - The airport offers Duty Free and 11 other shops available both Landside and Airside. Hours: One hour before the first flight until the last flight.
- Food & Drinks -
There are no 24 hour food options. The following concessions operate one hour before the first flight until the last flight.
- Landside: Piazza Bar & Restaurant • Airport Bar
- Airside: Coli's Bar • Segafredo
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Not available
- Medical Services - The airport offers a First Aid station.
- Showers - Not available
- Smoking - There is one designated smoking areas inside the Segafredo Bar in the Arrivals area.
Based on a previous review in 2009 the terminal is open 24 hours, but this is not confirmed.
Rinas Express buses offer hourly service (6:00AM to 6:00PM) between the airport and Tirana city center (stop: National Museum) for 250 Albanian Lek. Adis Travel and Tours offers service to/from Durres for 500 Albanian Lek.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite, near the Public Area exits: Albania Airport Rent-A-Car, ARA Auto Rental, Eurocar Rentals, Enterprise and Europcar. Avis, Hertz and Sixt are available onsite, near the Arrivals Area exit.
Licensed taxis are available 24-hours a day in front of the airport terminal and in the pick up area of the terminal. Look for the yellow taxis with a red ATEx logo and airport logo on both sides. A one-way trip between the airport and city center takes 20-25 minutes, and costs about 2,500 Albanian Lek (18 €).
Last Updated: 01 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.