Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Tirana Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Inside, there are a few padded benches and one is close to an outlet (to charge up your laptop to use the wifi) and I really don’t think anyone would bother you overnight. – Beccapiglet
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Rinas International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, modern single-terminal international airport with clean facilities and a limited variety of reasonably-priced shops and restaurants. One reviewer mentioned that the duty-free shop is overpriced, so you may be better off shopping elsewhere.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Soon after the last flights arrive and depart, the airport is nearly a ghost town. Very quiet and with no overhead announcements through the night.
- Have some food and beverages handy for snacking after the restaurants have closed.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- There are very few benches in the Check-In area. Very few people choose to sleep at this airport, so you will most likely have a bench to yourself if you decided to spend the night. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for added comfort!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Tirana Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Airport Tirana – (1 minute walk from the airport) Free 24-hour roundtrip airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Best Western Premier Ark Hotel – (2 minute walk from the main terminal) Free roundtrip airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hotel Vila Zeus – (5 minute walk from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Tirana Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Tirana Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: in the Check-in and Arrivals Halls
Currency Exchange – Yes, Banka Kombetare Tregtare provides services in the Check-in Hall and Arrivals area. Hours: unknown.
Duty Free and Shopping – The airport offers Duty Free and 11 other shops available both Landside and Airside. Hours: One hour before the first flight until the last flight.
Food & Drinks – There are no 24 hour food options. The following concessions operate one hour before the first flight until the last flight.
» Landside: Piazza Bar & Restaurant • Airport Bar
» Airside: Coli’s Bar • Segafredo
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Medical Services – The airport offers a First Aid station.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking – There is one designated smoking areas inside the Segafredo Bar in the Arrivals area.
Travel Agencies – If you are arriving in Tirana and need local arrangements or help planning a really last minute trip abroad, there are a number of travel agencies with offices at the airport that can probably be of assistance. Amadeus Travel & Tours, Ana Travel & Tours, Concorde Travel & Tours, Class Travel and Tours, Explorer Travel and Tours, Sarako Travel, Union Travel and Virgin Travel & Tours.
Based on an old review in 2009 the terminal is open 24 hours, but this is not confirmed and may have changed over the years. If you know the current hours, email us at editor @sleepinginairports.com.
As of February 2018, Tirana airport is served by the following airlines: Adria Airways • Alitalia • Austrian Airlines • British Airways • TUIFly • Lufthansa • Aegean Airlines • Turkish Airlines • Pegasus Airlines • Blue Panorama Airlines • Air Serbia • Albawings • Mistral Air • Transavia • Volotea • Ernest Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Rinas Express buses offer hourly service (6:00AM to 6:00PM) between the airport and Tirana city center (stop: National Museum) for 250 Albanian Lek. Adis Travel and Tours offers service to/from Durres for 500 Albanian Lek. Rates are current as of this January 2018 update.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite, near the Public Area exits: Albania Airport Rent-A-Car, ARA Auto Rental, Avis, Enterprise, Eurocar Rentals, Europcar, Hertz and sixt.
Licensed taxis are available 24-hours a day in front of the airport terminal and in the pick up area of the terminal. Look for the yellow taxis with a red ATEx logo and airport logo on both sides. A one-way trip between the airport and city center takes 20-25 minutes, and at the time of this update costs about 2,500 Albanian Lek (19 €).
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected]