Valencia Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Valencia Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I just blew up my air mattress and slept under my sheet for a very comfortable night.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Valencia Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern and busy single-terminal international airport with a small variety of shops and restaurants. 24-hour dining is available.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Plenty of armrest-free seats and power outlets
- One reviewer reported seeing homeless people in the airport at night.
Where to Sleep
- Many overnight sleepers prefer the quiet 1st floor check-in area. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat and blanket handy for added comfort while sleeping on the floor.
- There are a few benches on the ground floor, near the security checkpoints.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Valencia Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Valencia airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Joan Olivert VIP Lounge - Location: Airside, Level 1, near Gate A1. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€19.11+VAT)
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Valencia Airport. Connect to the "kubiwireless" network. (SSID: Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA).
If sleeping in Valencia Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ibis Budget Valencia Aeropuerto - (10 min walk or 4 min ride from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Travelodge Valencia Aeropuerto - (10 min walk or 2 min ride from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Tryp Valencia Azafata Hotel - (15 min walk or 6 min ride from the airport) Free airport shuttle operates from 6:00AM to 10:00PM (must pre-book).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Valencia Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are a total of 4 ATMs located in the Arrivals and Departures Halls (landside).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - Location: Floor 0, Landside
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available (open 5:00AM - 9:15PM) as well as a small selection of shops to pass the time.
- Food & Drinks - Aside from some vending machines, there are no 24 hour food concessions at this airport. However, the following concessions are open during flight operation hours:
- Landside: Cafe & Te • Cafe Ritazza
- Airside: La Pause • Mahou • Burger King • Dehesa Santa Maria
- Information Desk - Location: P1. Hours: unknown.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available
- Medical Services - Yes, available Floor 0, Arrivals zone. Hours: Not known.
- Pharmacy - Yes. Location: Landside, Floor 2, Departures. Hours: Not known.
- Showers - Not available
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Bus 150 offers service between the airport and central Valencia, stopping along the way at Mislata, Quart de Poblet and Manises. A one-way ticket is €1.45, with reduced fares available for senior and family travel. Total trip time between the airport and central Valencia is 45 minutes. For timetables and ticket options, visit the AVMM website.
Onsite car rental agencies, located near the exit in Arrivals, include Avis, Enterprise, Europcar and Hertz.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service:
- Tryp Azafata - Shuttle Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM, must be booked in advance.
- Hotel Tactica by C&R - A free airport transfer is available upon request.
MetroValencia serves the airport with two lines: Line 3 and Line 5. Central Valencia can be reached from the airport in about 25 minutes. Line 3 runs hourly between the airport, downtown Valencia, the port and a few key locations in the Valencia metro area. Line 5 provides hourly service between the airport, the port and the town of Torrent. Tickets start at just €1.50 one-way (one zone), and are sold at the airport Metro station (located on the ground floor of the regional flights terminal) and all other Metro stations. Options include one-way, return ticket, Bonometro (good for 10 trips) and Valencia Tourist Card, which is a special travel pass combining free public transportation and discounts to local businesses and popular tourist attractions. For timetables, stops and fares, visit the MetroValencia website.
Taxis are readily available at the taxi stand outside of Arrivals. Initial fare is €1.45 plus €1.08 per km Monday through Friday from 7:00AM - 9:00PM, with a slight increase in fare on weekdays (from 9:00PM - 7:00AM), Sundays and holidays. There is a minimum fare of €12.00 for rides from the airport, and a €4.00 - €6.00 minimum for all other fares, depending on time of day.
Last Updated: 02 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.