Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Valencia Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I just blew up my air mattress and slept under my sheet for a very comfortable night.
VLC Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Valencia Airport (code: VLC).
What to Expect
- A modern and busy single-terminal international airport with a small variety of shops and restaurants. 24-hour dining is available.
- WiFi is available to help pass the time and there are power outlets
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Many overnight sleepers prefer the quiet 1st floor check-in area. One reviewer reported seeing homeless people in the airport at night.
- Have a sleeping bag or travel mat and blanket handy for added comfort while sleeping on the floor.
- There are a few benches on the ground floor, near the security checkpoints.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, all services and times listed below are subject to change. In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Sala Joan Olivert Lounge – Location: Airside, Level 1, near Gate A1. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
If sleeping in Valencia Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ibis Budget Valencia Aeropuerto – (0.7 km from the airport) No airport shuttle. Although this hotel is technically close enough to walk, reviews suggest it is not advisable. The walk is dangerous, it is better to use the metro (1 stop away). » Check Rates
- Travelodge Valencia Aeropuerto – (0.8 km from the airport) No airport shuttle. Use the metro which is only 1 stop away. » Check Rates
- Port Azafata Valencia – Free airport shuttle operates from 6:00AM to 10:00PM (must pre-book). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Valencia Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Valencia Airport. Connect to the “AIRPORT FREE WIFI AENA” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside, Ground Floor • Landside, 1st Floor.
Baby Care Facilities – If you are travelling with an infant, there is a nursing lounge for breastfeeding and diaper-changing. You will find armchairs, tables/chairs for children, a microwave and a television. Location: Landside, 1st Floor.
Chapel – Location: Floor 2, Landside.
Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to the children’s play area. Location: Airside, near Gates 21-22.
Currency Exchange – While a dedicated currency exchange is not a available, the ATM in Arrivals dispenses several currencies.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available (open 5:00AM – 9:15PM) as well as a small selection of shops to pass the time. The Relay shops (Landside and Airside) are open 6:00AM – 9:00PM.
Food & Drinks – Aside from some vending machines, there are no 24 hour food concessions at this airport. However, the following concessions are open during flight operation hours:
- Landside: Cafe Ritazza • Cafe & Te
- Airside: Burger King • Farggi • La Pause • Mahou • So Coffee • Starbucks • Trib’s.
- Vending machines (hot/cold drinks and snacks) are also available.
Information Desk – Have any questions? Visit the airport information desk for assistance! Location: Landside, Level 1. Hours: unknown.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Luggage Wrapping – Protect your bags from theft and damage by having your bags wrapped in plastic. Location: 1st Floor near check-in. Rates: not known.
Medical Services – If you feel unwell or injure yourself, first aid services are available. Location: Floor 0, Arrivals zone. Hours: unknown.
Mobile Charging – A reader (September 2018) tells us that there are charging outlets available (table top), at least in Terminal 2, near Gates 13-22.
Pharmacy – Location: Landside, Floor 2, Departures. Hours: unknown.
Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Valencia airport is served by the following airlines: Aegean Air • Aeroflot • Air Europa • Air France • Air Nostrum • Alitalia • Blue Air • British Airways • Darwin Airline • EasyJet • El Al Israel Airlines • Enter Air • Eurowings • Fly One • Freebird Airlines • Gestair • Iberia Express • Jet2 • KLM • Laudamotion • Level • Lufthansa • Orbest • Privilege Style • Royal Air Maroc • Ryanair • S7 Airlines • Smartwings • Swiss International Airlines • TAP Portugal • Tarom • Thomas Cook • Titan Airways • Transavia • TUIFly • Tunisair • Turkish Airlines • Ukraine International Airlines • Volotea • Vueling Airlines • Wizz Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Bus 150 offers service between VLC airport and central Valencia with several stops along the way. At the time of this update, a one-way ticket is €1.45. Service is available daily from approximately 5:25AM – 10:00PM.
Onsite car rental agencies, located near the exit in Arrivals, include: Avis/Budget/Maggiore • Enterprise • Europcar • Goldcar • Hertz • Sixt.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service:
- Tryp Azafata – Shuttle Hours: 6:00AM – 10:00PM, must be booked in advance.
- Hotel Tactica by C&R – A free airport transfer is available upon request.
MetroValencia serves the airport with two lines. Central Valencia can be reached from the airport in about 25 minutes. Line 3 runs hourly between the airport, downtown Valencia, the port and a few key locations in the Valencia metro area. Line 5 provides hourly service between the airport, the port and the town of Torrent. For timetables, stops and fares, visit the MetroValencia website.
Metered taxis are readily available at the taxi stand outside of Arrivals. There is a minimum fare of €5,40 for rides from the airport.
Last updated: 2020-06-17
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.