Vilnius Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Vilnius Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Unless you're content with sleeping on the floor, the airport is not a place for a lengthy layover.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Vilnius Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean and modern single-terminal airport with a wide variety of shops and restaurants. Restaurants close at night, so have some food and beverage handy for late-night snacking!
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- For airside sleeping, there are three huge bean bags right outside of a boarding gate (location unknown). Landside sleeping is less comfortable, consisting mostly of metal chairs with armrests, but there are a couple of lounge chairs by the printers that are more comfortable for sleeping if you can snag one. There are a limited number of padded benches if you can snag one, and plenty of hard metal benches. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for added comfort while sleeping on a bench or the floor.
- Have a sleep mask handy to block out those bright airport lights while you sleep!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Vilnius Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Business Lounge - Location: Airside, Departures Area, 3rd Floor, at the end of the hall next to the 'Heineken Bar'. Hours: 4:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (EUR 29.00) • Book Online (£22 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Vilnius Airport for six hours. Registration is required. You must repeat the registration every two hours to a maximum of 3 times.
If sleeping in Vilnius Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel AirInn Vilnius - (2 minute walk from the terminal) Located 50m from the terminal.
- Hotel Ibis Styles Vilnius - (6 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle. Shuttle Hours: 7:30AM - 11:50PM, every 20 minutes. Airport pick-up location: in front of the arrival zone in the parking lot.
- Egas Motel - (3 minutes from the airport) A gas station/convenience store motel within 20 minutes walking distance from the airport
- Amicus Hotel - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Vilnius Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available in the Arrivals area.
- Baby Care - There are baby change facilities available.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children’s Area - Location: Airside, next to Gate A4. Hours: 24 hours.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available (5 locations and open according to flight schedule) as well as a small variety of shops including a convenience shop.
- Currency Exchange - Medicinos Bank has two locations landside: A Arrival Hall and Main Departure Hall.
- Fast Track Service - Passengers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: 5,00€. Tickets available at the self-service kiosk or at the electronic service shop.
- Food & Drinks - The airport offers a decent selection of food & drink options both Landside and Airside; however, there are no 24 hour operations. You will find a few options open as early as 4:00AM and closing after the last flight.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, arrivals level.
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Location: Smart Storage, Departure Hall, near counters 25-30. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Pharmacy - The Airport Pharmacy is found landside. Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM.
- Showers - Not available
- Smoking - Smoking is permitted within the airport in designated locations.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Vilnius Airport is served by the following bus routes: Public bus route 2 from Vilnius railway station > airport (for more information, visit the Vilnius Transport website); TOKS bus airport > Vilnius Bus Terminal (departures every 20 - 40 mins, total trip time: 10 min.); JSC Dautrans bus from Daugavpils > airport (One daily departure in each direction with stops along the way; cost €15); Vilnius Airport Express from Klaipėda > airport; TOKS bus Palanga > airport (via Klaipėda and Kaunas; one daily departure in each direction)
The following car rental agencies can be found in the Arrivals Hall of the passenger terminal: AutoBanga, Autocom, Avis, Enterprise, Europcar, Euro Renta, Hertz, Neorent, Ollex, Sixt and Trusticar.
Taxis are readily available in taxi ranks located outside of the Arrivals Terminal. All taxis accept both cash and credit, and at the time of this update, the following fixed rates are available: Airport > Old Town (Cathedral Square) €10; Airport > Konstitucijos Avenue €12; Airport > Litexpo Exhibition and Congress Centre €9; Airport > Hospital Santariskiu Klinikos €18. Metered rates start at €1,45 with €1,01 per kilometer (€1,16 per kilometer late night/weekend/holiday rate).
A special express train runs between Vilnius railway station, in the city center, and the airport (Oro uostas train stop). The airport’s train stop is located just a 5 minute walk from the airport terminal, and at the time of this update no other trains stop there. For fare and schedule information, go to the Lithuanian Railways (Lietuvos Geležinkeliai) website.
Last Updated: 30 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.