Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Vilnius Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Unless you’re content with sleeping on the floor, the airport is not a place for a lengthy layover. -Tom
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Vilnius Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean and modern single-terminal airport with a wide variety of shops and restaurants. Restaurants close at night, so have some food and beverage handy for late-night snacking!
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- For airside sleeping, there are three huge bean bags right outside of a boarding gate (location unknown). Landside sleeping is less comfortable, consisting mostly of metal chairs with armrests, but there are a couple of lounge chairs by the printers that are more comfortable for sleeping if you can snag one. There are a limited number of padded benches if you can snag one, and plenty of hard metal benches. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for added comfort while sleeping on a bench or the floor.
- Have a sleep mask handy to block out those bright airport lights while you sleep!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes IDW Esperanza Resort Business Lounge – Location: Airside, Departures Area, 3rd Floor, at the end of the hall next to the ‘Heineken Bar. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Vilnius Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel AirInn Vilnius – (2 minute walk from the terminal) Located 50m from the terminal. » Check Rates
- Hotel Ibis Styles Vilnius – (6 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle. Shuttle Hours: 7:30AM – 11:50PM, every 20 minutes. Airport pick-up location: in front of the arrival zone in the parking lot. » Check Rates
- Egas Motel – (3 minutes from the airport) A gas station/convenience store motel within 20 minutes walking distance from the airport. » Check Rates
- Amicus Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Vilnius Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Vilnius Airport for six hours. Registration is required. You must repeat the registration every two hours to a maximum of 3 times.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: in the Arrivals area.
Baby Care Facilities – There are baby change facilities available.
Children’s Play Area – Location: Airside, next to Gate A4. Hours: 24 hours.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available (6 locations and open according to flight schedule) as well as a small variety of shops including a Narvesen convenience shop which is open 24 hours (Landside and Airside).
Currency Exchange – Medicinos Bank has two locations landside: A Arrival Hall (Hours: 6:00AM – 1:00AM) and Main Departure Hall (Hours: 6:15AM – 10:45PM).
Fast Track Service – Passengers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: 5,00€. Tickets available at the self-service kiosk or at the electronic service shop.
Food & Drinks – The airport offers a decent selection of food & drink options both Landside and Airside; however, there are no 24 hour operations. You will find a few options open as early as 4:00AM and closing after the last flight.
Information Desk – Location: Landside, arrivals level.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Location: Smart Storage, Departure Hall, near counters 25-30. Hours: open 24 hours.
Luggage Wrapping – Services are available from Pack & Fly in the Check-in Area.
Mobile Charging – In a May 2018 review, a traveller indicated that there are 3 mobile charging stations available both Landside and Airside.
Pharmacy – The Airport Pharmacy is found landside. Hours: 8:00AM – 8:00PM.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking – Smoking is permitted within the airport in designated locations.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of March 2018, Vilnius airport is served by the following airlines: Aeroflot • Air Baltic • Austrian Airlines • Belavia • Brussels Airlines • Finnair • GetJet • Grand Cru Airlines • LOT • Lufthansa • Norwegian • Rusline • Ryanair • SAS • Small Planet Airlines • Turkish Airlines • Ukraine International Airlines • UTair • Wizz Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Vilnius Airport is well connected to the bus system. Whether you need a bus to the city centre, the railway station, or a long distance connection (Riga or Minsk for example), there should be a bus for you. For routes, schedules and fares, visit the Vilnius Airport website.
The following car rental agencies can be found in the Arrivals Hall of the passenger terminal: AutoBanga, Autocom, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Euro Renta, Green Motion, Hertz, Neorent, Ollex, Payless, Panek, Sixt and Trusticar.
Metered taxis are readily available in taxi ranks located outside of the Arrivals Terminal. At the time of this January 2018 update, the following rates can be expected: Airport > Old Town (Cathedral Square) €10; Airport > Litexpo Exhibition and Congress Centre €9; Airport > Hospital Santariskiu Klinikos €18.
A special express train runs between Vilnius railway station and the airport. The train operates 16 departures per day and it takes approximately 7 minutes to reach the airport. At the time of this January 2018 update, a one-way ticket costs 0,70€. For schedule information, visit the Lithuanian Railways (Lietuvos Geležinkeliai) website.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.