Zagreb International Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Zagreb Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
on the first floor, there is a space with comfortable deck chairs where you can sleep. no security came to bother me. - sasukebaka
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Zagreb Airport.
What to Expect
- A bright, modern and busy international airport with one existing passenger terminal, and another currently under construction. A small variety of shops and restaurants are available.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The 1st floor has a section with comfortable deck chairs, but you should have a sleep mask handy to block out the bright airport lights.
- On the 2nd floor mezzanine, there is a quiet area under some stairs where one can catch some Zzz’s.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Zagreb Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Zagreb airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Zrinjevac Business Lounge - Location: Airside, upper level. Hours: 6:00AM - 8:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£18.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Diner's Club International Airport Lounge - Location: Airside, in the east wing of the Passenger Terminal Building on the first floor above the "Art Café". Lounge Access: Diner's Club credit card.
You can access the internet at the Internet Corner. The service is available for a fee.
If sleeping in Zagreb Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Guest House Ivac Inn - (2 min walk from the airport terminal) Despite the easy walk from the airport terminal, a free airport shuttle is also available.
- Rooms Pleso by Airport Zagreb - (5 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Pleso - (5 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Barba Niko - (5 min walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Stari Jasen - (5 min ride from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Zagreb Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Cash machines are located on the Ground Floor.
- Baby Care Facilities - There is a baby change facility located Airside by Duty Free.
- Baggage Trolleys - Yes, available in both International and Domestic Arrivals. Fees: Not known.
- Car Rentals - An Nova • Autorent • Avis • Hertz • and more.
- Children’s Play Area - Yes, two locations: Gate 12/13 and Gate 4/5.
- Currency Exchange - Location: International Arrivals. Hours: 5:30AM - 11:00PM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of shops including two convenience shops and one souvenir shop.
- Food & Drinks - The airport has food options (five locations) both Landside and Airside, most open at 7:00AM and close around 9:00PM.
- Information Desk - Location: Ground Floor.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available
The airport's official comment about sleeping in the airport:
"Yes, it is possible to stay overnight in the airport. Zagreb Airport is open 24 hours, 365 days/year. However, passengers can stay in the landside area, immediately before the body check. Once passengers get to the airport our employees at the Information desk will provide them with relevant information regarding conditions of overnight stay at the airport."
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 03 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.