Dammam Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Dammam Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Alleged to be the world's largest airport- takes up half the desert space just to achieve this for no reason but to be a record breaker in a country where tourism is forbidden! - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at King Fahd International Airport.
What to Expect
- A large and modern six-story single-terminal airport with a wide variety of shops, restaurants and other services.
- Although lacking in signage, the airport is user-friendly and easy to navigate.
- Lots of seats throughout the airport.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Reviews are mixed on the cleanliness of the airport’s restrooms. One reviewer advises travelers to “go” before they go to the airport!
- Reviews are also mixed on the airport procedures. It seems as though travelers departing from the airport will have an easier time, with fast and efficient check-in and security checkpoints. However, reports from arriving passengers indicated that going through Customs and Immigration is a miserable experience, with long, slow lines and rude, inattentive staff.
Where to Sleep
- As of July 2016, we did not have any reviews from travellers who attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a Review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels approx. 45 minutes from the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Dammam Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Dammam airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- First and Business Class Lounge - Location: Airside.
- Al-Fursan Golden Lounge - Location: Domestic Departures Level, Airside, Lower Level, between Gates 17 and 18.
- Plaza Premium Lounge - coming soon
Free WiFi is available at Damman Airport at Coffee Talk (Arrival and Departures Halls).
If sleeping in Damman Airport does not appeal to you, the nearest hotels are approx. 45-minute drive away:
- Golden Tulip Al Hamra - (45 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Golden Tulip Dammam Corniche Hotel - (45 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Ramada Dammam Hotel & Suites - (45 min from the airport) Airport shuttle is available ($).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Damman Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes in the public areas.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Budget • Hertz • and more. Location: Arrivals Hall. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Children's Play Areas - Yes, in the Departures Area.
- Currency Exchange - Location: landside.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Extensive Duty Free shopping is available as well as many other stores.
- Food & Drinks - There are several self-serve style cafes and restaurants available both landside and airside.
- Information Desk - Location: Arrivals area.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers -Yes
- Luggage Trolleys - Yes
- Prayer Rooms - Yes. According to the airport's wikipedia page, there is a mosque on the roof of the car park.
- Showers - not available
- Smoking Rooms - Smoking is permitted in designated smoking rooms in the Departures Area.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 15 March 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.