In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Dammam Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Alleged to be the world's largest airport- takes up half the desert space just to achieve this for no reason but to be a record breaker in a country where tourism is forbidden! - unknown
Source: moaksey, Wikipedia
When they built this large new airport, one would have thought that the bathrooms would be nicer than Dhahran's bathrooms (not even as nice as an outhouse!) Instead you have this beautiful airport with tons of space, few gates being used, and every bathroom is filthy. All I can say is GO before you head to the airport because you'll not want to do it there!
Have you been to Dammam Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Al-Fursan Golden Lounge - Location: Domestic Departures Level, Airside, Lower Level, between Gates 17 and 18. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Plaza Premium - coming soon
Free WiFi is available at Damman Airport at Coffee Talk (Arrival and Departures Halls).
If sleeping in the Damman Airport does not appeal to you, the nearest hotels are approx. a 35-minute drive away....
- Ramada Dammam Hotel & Suites - 45-minutes from the airport. Airport shuttle is available.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Damman Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes in the public areas.
- Luggage Trolleys - Yes
- Car Rentals - Avis • Budget • Hertz • and more. Location: Arrivals Hall. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Children's Play Areas - yes
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food & Drinks - Information not available
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers -Yes
- Prayer Rooms - Yes
- Showers - not available
- Smoking Rooms - Yes
Open 24 hours.
If you have questions about this airport that are not answered here or in the airport reviews, post a question on our Facebook Page. If you post a question, remember to mention the airport or nobody will understand what you are asking about.
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Dammam Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Dammam Travel Resources
- Dammam Hotels - search for deals, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 17 February 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.