Dammam Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Dammam Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Alleged to be the world's largest airport- takes up half the desert space just to achieve this for no reason but to be a record breaker in a country where tourism is forbidden! - a traveller
by a traveller
January 2015 - The airport isn't too bad. Check-in and security are very quick. Signs are lacking but the airport is easy to navigate. There are a few cafes, smoking rooms, and fast-food joints here and there, and plenty of chairs to sit on. Free wifi also exists. Toilets are some of the dirtiest you'll find however, which is my biggest gripe with the airport. Overall, I think you could tolerate a few hours at the airport, especially if you bring a few episodes of whatever show to watch, but I can't imagine staying for long there.
Have you been to Dammam Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Dammam airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- First and Business Class Lounge - Location: Airside.
- Al-Fursan Golden Lounge - Location: Domestic Departures Level, Airside, Lower Level, between Gates 17 and 18.
- Plaza Premium Lounge - coming soon
Free WiFi is available at Damman Airport at Coffee Talk (Arrival and Departures Halls).
If sleeping in Damman Airport does not appeal to you, the nearest hotels are approx. 45-minute drive away:
- Golden Tulip Al Hamra - (45 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Golden Tulip Dammam Corniche Hotel - (45 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Ramada Dammam Hotel & Suites - (45 min from the airport) Airport shuttle is available ($).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Damman Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes in the public areas.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Budget • Hertz • and more. Location: Arrivals Hall. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Children's Play Areas - Yes, in the Departures Area.
- Currency Exchange - Location: landside.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Extensive Duty Free shopping is available as well as many other stores.
- Food & Drinks - There are several self-serve style cafes and restaurants available both landside and airside.
- Information Desk - Location: Arrivals area.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers -Yes
- Luggage Trolleys - Yes
- Prayer Rooms - Yes. According to the airport's wikipedia page, there is a mosque on the roof of the car park.
- Showers - not available
- Smoking Rooms - Smoking is permitted in designated smoking rooms in the Departures Area.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 15 March 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.