In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Dammam Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Alleged to be the world's largest airport- takes up half the desert space just to achieve this for no reason but to be a record breaker in a country where tourism is forbidden! - unknown
When they built this large new airport, one would have thought that the bathrooms would be nicer than Dhahran's bathrooms (not even as nice as an outhouse!) Instead you have this beautiful airport with tons of space, few gates being used, and every bathroom is filthy. All I can say is GO before you head to the airport because you'll not want to do it there!
Have you been to Dammam Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Dammam airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- First and Business Class Lounge - Location: Airside. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Al-Fursan Golden Lounge - Location: Domestic Departures Level, Airside, Lower Level, between Gates 17 and 18. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Plaza Premium - coming soon
Free WiFi is available at Damman Airport at Coffee Talk (Arrival and Departures Halls).
If sleeping in Damman Airport does not appeal to you, the nearest hotels are approx. a 35-minute drive away....
- Ramada Dammam Hotel & Suites - 45-minutes from the airport. Airport shuttle is available.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Damman Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes in the public areas.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Budget • Hertz • and more. Location: Arrivals Hall. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Children's Play Areas - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Food & Drinks - Information not available
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers -Yes
- Luggage Trolleys - Yes
- Prayer Rooms - Yes. According to the airport's wikipedia page, there is a mosque on the roof of the car park.
- Showers - not available
- Smoking Rooms - Yes
The airport is open 24 hours.
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Dammam Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Dammam Travel Resources
- Dammam Hotels - search for deals, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 02 April 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.