Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Dammam Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Alleged to be the world’s largest airport- takes up half the desert space just to achieve this for no reason but to be a record breaker in a country where tourism is forbidden! – a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at King Fahd International Airport.
What to Expect
- A large and modern six-story single-terminal airport with a wide variety of shops, restaurants and other services.
- Although lacking in signage, the airport is user-friendly and easy to navigate.
- Lots of seats throughout the airport.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Reviews are mixed on the cleanliness of the airport’s restrooms. One reviewer advises travelers to “go” before they go to the airport!
- Reviews are also mixed on the airport procedures. It seems as though travelers departing from the airport will have an easier time, with fast and efficient check-in and security checkpoints. However, reports from arriving passengers indicated that going through Customs and Immigration is a miserable experience, with long, slow lines and rude, inattentive staff. A recent reviewer (Aug, 2016) reported a wait time of 4 – 5 hours just to get through the Customs and Immigration line!
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels approx. 45 minutes from the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Dammam airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Plaza Premium Lounge – Location: Airside, International Departures. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Al-Fursan Golden Lounge – Location: Domestic Departures Level, Airside, Lower Level, between Gates 17 and 18.
If sleeping in Dammam Airport does not appeal to you, the nearest hotels are approx. 45-minute drive away:
- Golden Tulip Al Hamra – (45 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($). » Check Rates
- Golden Tulip Dammam Corniche Hotel – (45 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available. a fee – approx. SR150 each way. » Check Rates
- Ramada Dammam Hotel & Suites – (45 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available ($). » Check Rates
- Howard Johnson Hotel – (35 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Dammam Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Dammam Airport at Coffee Talk (Arrival and Departures Halls).
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside.
Banking Services – Yes
Children’s Play Areas – Yes, in the Departures Area.
Currency Exchange – Location: landside.
Duty Free & Shopping – Extensive Duty Free shopping is available as well as many other stores.
Food & Drinks – There are several self-serve style cafes and restaurants available both landside and airside.
Information Desk – Location: Arrivals area.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Yes
Luggage Trolleys – Yes
Pharmacy – Yes
Prayer Rooms – Yes. According to the airport’s wikipedia page, there is a mosque on the roof of the car park.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking Rooms – Smoking is permitted in designated smoking rooms in the Departures Area.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of March 2018, Dammam airport is served by the following airlines: Air France • Air India • Sri Lankan Airlines • Air Morocco • Alitalia • Yemenia • Austrian Airlines • Biman Airlines • British Airways • Cathay Pacific • EgyptAir • Emirates • Garuda Indonesia • Gulf Air • Japan Airlines • KLM • Korean Airlines • Kuwait Airways • Lufthansa • Malaysia Air • Olympia • Pan Am • PIA • Philippine Airlines • Royal Jordan • Swiss • Thai Airlines • Turkish Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
SAPTCO airport shuttle buses offer hourly service between the airport and the main bus station. At the time of this update, additional details are not available.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.